5919 43 2021-2-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dfuste
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9757 ft

Spain

Hey all,
After lots of research, I could not find anybody experiencing the same issue than me (which makes me think either this is very weird or I am doing something really stupid).

So I want to customize my stick control mode, but when I tap on the "custom" option, and after I accept the "ok" popup message, I am automatically redirected to my previously set control mode. In other words, I can switch between control modes 1, 2 or 3 go and back without any issue, but when I want to switch to the custom mode so I can customize my sticks, the app automatically bounces me back to the previously chosed mode. I can only see the customisable mode screen for 1 second before the app redirects back to mode 1, 2 or 3.

I am using dji fly app, latest version, with my new smart controller. Anyone experiencing this?¿
2021-2-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, dfuste. Thanks for reaching out! Our apologies for the inconvenience that it has caused. We'd like to know more about the problem you're experiencing. If you could kindly, please upload a short clip depicting the issue and include the specific version of your DJI Fly. Looking forward to your response and update.
2021-2-20
Use props
dfuste
lvl.1

Spain

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-20 00:34
Hi, dfuste. Thanks for reaching out! Our apologies for the inconvenience that it has caused. We'd like to know more about the problem you're experiencing. If you could kindly, please upload a short clip depicting the issue and include the specific version of your DJI Fly. Looking forward to your response and update.

Hey Gamora,
Thanks a lot for your quick reply. Please, see here a quick video of the issue: https://youtu.be/6R8GeET4wIk

On the other hand, the current version of the Smart Controller system is: v01.00.0880 (which should be the latest as the device states when I tap on update)
The current version of the dji Fly app I have in the smart controller is 1.2.2 (which is not the latest if I compare with the iOS version, but I guess this is something I cannot update by myself and I need to wait for a smart controller system update).

Really looking forward to solving this issue. Thanks!
2021-2-20
Use props
ting-ting
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5871467 ft
  • >>>
United States

dfuste Posted at 2-20 07:59
Hey Gamora,
Thanks a lot for your quick reply. Please, see here a quick video of the issue: https://youtu.be/6R8GeET4wIk

Make sure to download the fly app at https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
2021-2-20
Use props
dfuste
lvl.1

Spain

ting-ting Posted at 2-20 10:42
Make sure to download the fly app at https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly

I downloaded it, now I have v1.2.4, but still the exact same issue.

What else? Thanks
2021-2-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

dfuste Posted at 2-20 07:59
Hey Gamora,

Thanks for your prompt response and we're already checking this on our end. Please give us more time and should there be any update, we'll have you notified. We appreciate you bringing your concern with us.  
2021-2-20
Use props
dfuste
lvl.1

Spain

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-20 23:41
Thanks for your prompt response and we're already checking this on our end. Please give us more time and should there be any update, we'll have you notified. We appreciate you bringing your concern with us.

Thanks! Looking forward to it.
2021-2-21
Use props
dfuste
lvl.1

Spain

Just wanted to let you know that today I updated the dji app to the version 1.3.0 and the issue is still there
I really hope you can come to a solution soon. Just wondering what the community is thinking...seems quite a bug that we cannot set custom sticks.
2021-3-2
Use props
fans08446a86
lvl.2

United States

I just got a new Mavic Air 2 and Smart Controller and am having the exact same issue.  I've tried re-flashing the latest firmware, factory reset, everything I could think of.  When I select "Custom" I get the warning dialog, and after clicking "OK" it beeps at me and reverts to the previously selected mode.

This seems like such a basic function, it's kind of amazing to me that it was never caught in QA.  There is QA, right?
2021-3-4
Use props
fans08446a86
lvl.2

United States

Contacted DJI about this issue and was told I'd receive a response 4 days ago ... nothing but silence :/
2021-3-12
Use props
fans7e25829f
lvl.1

Spain

Thanks for your prompt response and we're already checking this on our end. Please give us more time and should there be any update, we'll have you notified. We appreciate you bringing your concern with us.

Hey, do you have any update on this? A new update came, and the bug is still there. Is anyone caring for this?¿
2021-3-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fans7e25829f Posted at 3-25 10:51
Hey, do you have any update on this? A new update came, and the bug is still there. Is anyone caring for this?¿

Hi, we're truly sorry for the delayed response. The problem was able be duplicated by our assigned team and confirmed that the DJI Fly currently cannot set customer mode when using the DJI Smart Controller. The fix will be available as soon as possible but temporarily, please use the standard stick modes while waiting for the official update.
2021-3-25
Use props
fans7e25829f
lvl.1

Spain

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-25 23:33
Hi, we're truly sorry for the delayed response. The problem was able be duplicated by our assigned team and confirmed that the DJI Fly currently cannot set customer mode when using the DJI Smart Controller. The fix will be available as soon as possible but temporarily, please use the standard stick modes while waiting for the official update.

Thanks! These are great news. It is good to know that dji is on it. The silence was not helping
2021-3-26
Use props
coldfire22x
lvl.2

United States

Any update on this?  Just installed the latest SC Firmware: 01.01.0040, Fly App: 1.4.0 and still unable to use custom stick mode.
2021-4-28
Use props
DK Radom
lvl.1
Flight distance : 514649 ft
Poland

coldfire22x Posted at 4-28 21:52
Any update on this?  Just installed the latest SC Firmware: 01.01.0040, Fly App: 1.4.0 and still unable to use custom stick mode.

the Firmawere 040 does not change the mode combination
2021-5-10
Use props
FB: GeoDrone4K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-25 23:33

How the hell to use standard stick as we use same custom stick from more than a year ago GAMORA???
Are you joking or what?
Tell Dev Team to fix the damn thing fast.
Also tell them to fix:
1. The signal from Smart Controller that from last FW it sucks...from 3-4 km signal is lost or screen lags.
2. The possibility to use 5D buttons in FLY, in order to define extra actions on this buttons as you sell a SMART controller, and not a Screen Controller...but at present I define it as STUPID controller.
3. Make a separate FLY for SMART...what you did with one app for everything is the stupidest thing ever, as you cannot make personalized commands...SMART C. owners buy a 600 Euro remote for this, not for your lame excuses.
2021-5-10
Use props
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

21.05.2021...Hey, Gamora, does the DEV TEAM works on this BUG ? You promised that is working and fixed in next FW....SURPRIZE !!!! IS NOT NOT NOT NOT FIXED !
What does your Dev Team say ?
2021-5-21
Use props
coldfire22x
lvl.2

United States

Updated to v1.4.2 of DJI Fly App and *still* unable to use custom stick mode.  Has it really been taking the developers 2+ months to fix this bug that they were allegedly able to reproduce?  Ridiculous :/
2021-5-28
Use props
coldfire22x
lvl.2

United States

Updated SC firmware to 01.01.0058 and DJI Fly App to 1.4.4 and *STILL* cannot use custom stick mode.
2021-6-21
Use props
djiuser_53nWbXntYWzn
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2264 ft

United States

Just got a Mavic Air 2 with Smart controller and have the exact same issue with DJI Fly. It's immensely frustrating, especially considering that the DJI Go 4 app (sadly not compatible with Mavic Air 2) has no issues using the custom stick setting while using camera view without being connected to the Mavic Air 2. There is other functionality lost in the streamlined (dumbed-down) DJI Fly as well, so it's a bummer we can't just use Go 4.
2021-6-27
Use props
coldfire22x
lvl.2

United States

Updated the Fly App to 1.4.8.  Custom stick mode STILL NOT WORKING.
2021-6-30
Use props
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

GAMORA, ARE YOU STILL HERE?
HOW ABOUT "QUICK FIX" OF THIS BUG? Holland told me on email that they know the BUG from long time and there is no fix....HOW DOES DJI SELL THIS knowing this is not working 100% properly ?????
2021-7-7
Use props
Brave
lvl.2
Czechia

Hi, just bought DJI Smart Controller instead of that cheap plastic in the set. Unfortunately, that cheap thing has one BIG advantage - I COULD CUSTOMIZE STICKS!

PLEASE WHEN DO YOU FIX IT?!

It is a question of secure flying. I fly RC airplanes as well and need to map sticks for a drone as close as possible to RC planes. Eg. stick down mapped as ascending - similar to an elevator etc.
2021-7-16
Use props
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

Brave Posted at 7-16 10:58
Hi, just bought DJI Smart Controller instead of that cheap plastic in the set. Unfortunately, that cheap thing has one BIG advantage - I COULD CUSTOMIZE STICKS!

No chance....
DJI Dev team knows about this and is not able to fix it in FLY... Choose what it is: ignorance, careless, stupidity, whatever you think....
Holland replied that is aware of this from a few time and next FW will have this fix...and yeah, this was 2 FW ago, also 3 FLY versions ago....so...probably is only stupidity...
For somebody that is not able to use the controller mode 1 and 2 because of a finger disability, this is not funny...
I will use the SC another months and just return it in warranty as is not working properly and cash in full the value paid...this is what I do with companies that is not serious.
2021-7-19
Use props
Vhmtg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 103215 ft
United States

I have the exact same issue. I didn't find this post until I had already posted in the "Service" section.    I will repost it and a link to it in case anybody in service responds.  
Note: I have hit the "Check for Update" at every location I can find it.  Does somebody else pay the $129 if there's a crash due to what seems to be a simple issue?

To SUMMARIZE: Why, when using the low cost controller requiring cell phone it works but they have messed up the Smart Controller so it doesn't work. Even in the DJI Go 4 that used to work perfectly (in the Smart Controller) is now messed up. At least you can access the settings but you can only move things as Pairs.  WTH?  BUT Back to the DJI Fly SW.... It NEEDS TO BE FIXED.  It is silly to pay over 6x for a device that has been crippled.

My post on the After Sales Service board.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &extra=page%3D1
DJI Controller (RM500) Not allow Custom Stick mode. The RC231 Does.

I have always used the RM500 DJI Controller (2-Phantom 4 and Mavic 2 Pro) and always have changed the Stick mode to custom so I can change the left stick to a "Pull stick back(towards operator)"= DOWN and "Push Stick Forward(away from operator)"= UP .    Until Now.

USING FOR AIR 2S
The RM500 (The $739 accessory) will not allow me to activate the "Custom" mode.  
The device tells me I am up to date with firmware (V01.01.0064)
It will switch to Mode 1, Mode 3 and back to Mode2 but just not Custom mode. Why?

The  RC231 (The less expensive $119 unit)  DOES ALLOW me modify and save the custom mode like it should.  

What has been lost between the Cell phone/RC231 and the RM500 which causes the RM500 not to work correctly?

MORE IMPORTANT-  Is there a fix for this and if not how long before it is fixed?  If they can do it in a Cell phone surely they can do it in the RM500.

Before Buying my last drone,  I read several places that the RM500 was compatible but I even confirmed it using 2 different sources within DJI. Now I find it doesn't allow me to control the sticks.  This is a very important function. It means the different of flying relaxed and having a good time verses ALWAYS have to thinks twice about the input you are giving the drone.  

Yes this is a long post and I apologize but there is no way I can communicate how frustrating this is.   OR maybe I am really stupid and am missing something simple. If so, my bad.
2021-7-21
Use props
Vhmtg
lvl.2
United States

Yes,  I bought one last week and after I updated it defeated this function.  Very maddening-frustrating to pay this much money and find something this important has been overlooked.
2021-7-21
Use props
Vhmtg
lvl.2
United States

Thanks for your prompt response and we're already checking this on our end. Please give us more time and should there be any update, we'll have you notified. We appreciate you bringing your concern with us.

Any real progress to get this back to they way it should be? All my other DJI drone have been set with custom controls and now, all of a sudden I can't?   Looks like it has been an issue for a LONG time.  Too long it seems.
2021-7-21
Use props
Vhmtg
lvl.2
United States

Brave Posted at 7-16 10:58
Hi, just bought DJI Smart Controller instead of that cheap plastic in the set. Unfortunately, that cheap thing has one BIG advantage - I COULD CUSTOMIZE STICKS!

I could never understand why they set it that way in the first place.  Don't they know.... Stick forward-descend,  Stick back-Ascend.   Didn't think it an issue while we could set the sticks controls ourselves but now we are screwed huh?
2021-7-21
Use props
Brave
lvl.2
Czechia

Vhmtg Posted at 7-21 19:53
I could never understand why they set it that way in the first place.  Don't they know.... Stick forward-descend,  Stick back-Ascend.   Didn't think it an issue while we could set the sticks controls ourselves but now we are screwed huh?

yep... .... now we are screwed...
2021-7-22
Use props
Vhmtg
lvl.2
United States

The Admin  SUSAN did give a response in the other link.  It is a start but still not acceptable. Please check it out and then my detailed response (with pictures!)  
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &extra=page%3D1
2021-7-22
Use props
Brave
lvl.2
Czechia

Vhmtg Posted at 7-22 13:09
The Admin  SUSAN did give a response in the other link.  It is a start but still not acceptable. Please check it out and then my detailed response (with pictures!)  
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=246668&extra=page%3D1

Hi, tried and unfortunately for Air 2S that doesn't work at all. Cannot run DJI Go app :/
2021-7-24
Use props
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

Vhmtg Posted at 7-22 13:09
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=246668&extra=page%3D1

The Admin Susan does not know anything about SC and DJI FLY !
She did not even tried it.

If you click about 10-20 times Custom Mode at a point will let you change it...not usable, as is reseting instantly and goes to previous Mode1 or 2....Now...IF you go to DJI Go4 and set it as SUSAN says, all controls will be a mess, practically they will be opposite (Up is Down, Down is Up and so on), giing you the perfect condition for a crash...Yes, Susan, this is what you recommend it.

DJI HOLLAND confirmed that the bug is not fixable in DJY FLY as they have problems with Android version from their own SC....A reputable company in this moment should make a full recall to all SC and change it with new ones...DJI just informs you that will not be fixed as it cannot do it !!!!!
2021-7-28
Use props
djiuser_rJ0N6Hdg95Qo
lvl.1

Canada

FB: GeoDrone4K Posted at 7-28 02:45
The Admin Susan does not know anything about SC and DJI FLY !
She did not even tried it.

Hi. Just bought the Smart Controller for my Mavic Air2S. Same problem here
2021-7-28
Use props
djiuser_rJ0N6Hdg95Qo
lvl.1

Canada

Hi. Just bought the Smart Controller for my Mavic Air2S. Same problem here: Unable to switch to Custom Stick Mode. So basically I just paid 1000$ CDN for a unusable remote. Will get back to the regular
remote with phone connected. WTF DJI?!
2021-7-28
Use props
jrholt1023
New
  • >>>
United States

Don't worry while i wait I'm getting terrible footage and nearly wrecking my drone every time i fly it....
2021-8-27
Use props
djiuser_33VaPxDwVRd7
lvl.1
United States

Purchased a mini 2 a couple weeks ago, and everything was going great till mid flight the custom stick mode stopped working. I lost the ability ascend and descend, thank god I was at a low altitude. Stick mode 1,2,3 work just fine. Any help with this would be appreciated.
2021-11-1
Use props
DenisStr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1575860 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_33VaPxDwVRd7 Posted at 11-1 06:26
Purchased a mini 2 a couple weeks ago, and everything was going great till mid flight the custom stick mode stopped working. I lost the ability ascend and descend, thank god I was at a low altitude. Stick mode 1,2,3 work just fine. Any help with this would be appreciated.

I have just got the Mini 2, and cannot set custom mode. all looks to be changed but cannot take off manually. When I take off automatically I cannot go up and down, nor roll left and right. Moving the right stick forward makes the drone rotate, and moving the left stick left and right makes the drone go backwards and forwards. I need mode 4. All other modes work as they should. I can fly mode 2 ( and did do) but would perfer my standard mode. The only way I could land was by the auto land button. Not too happy with this as I have always been able to change modes with all my other drones, helis, fixed wing. One step forward (image quality is excellent) but 4 steps backwards in other cases! Glad it is not just my stupidity. I will open a ticket too- do they  not know who I am
2021-11-3
Use props
userf122917bff
lvl.1
United States

Where is custom stick mode with the smart controller and Air 2s? I can’t use this drone if the sticks aren’t consistent with what I’ve been flying for the past 9 years. Huge disappointment…
2021-11-5
Use props
djiuser_33VaPxDwVRd7
lvl.1
United States

DenisStr Posted at 11-3 08:50
I have just got the Mini 2, and cannot set custom mode. all looks to be changed but cannot take off manually. When I take off automatically I cannot go up and down, nor roll left and right. Moving the right stick forward makes the drone rotate, and moving the left stick left and right makes the drone go backwards and forwards. I need mode 4. All other modes work as they should. I can fly mode 2 ( and did do) but would perfer my standard mode. The only way I could land was by the auto land button. Not too happy with this as I have always been able to change modes with all my other drones, helis, fixed wing. One step forward (image quality is excellent) but 4 steps backwards in other cases! Glad it is not just my stupidity. I will open a ticket too- do they  not know who I am

This is exactly what my mini 2 is doing.
2021-11-5
Use props
VisualFeast
lvl.2
Flight distance : 131309 ft
United States

Anyone find a fix for this yet? Is DJI working on it? I can set Custom mode, but saving the settings doesn't save, and reverts it back to unusable settings as shown above. What I really need is to invert the Y-axis for ascend & descend, as in this thread: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=207746
2022-1-10
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules