Osmo Action
1193 6 2021-2-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hdrider
lvl.1
Belgium

I have 3 lens covers so far and al 3 broken. Just video recorded outside and in the living room.
The lens cover is getting very hot. other owners have this problem as well. Is DJI gping to do something about this?
2021-2-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Hdrider. Thanks for reaching out! Our apologies for the inconvenience that it has caused. We'd like to know further about the problem you're experiencing. If you could kindly, please upload photos of the broken lens cover and include when you're usually experiencing the lens cover getting very hot. Looking forward to your response.
2021-2-20
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

If you have three lens covers, are you saying you got three replacement lenses? you may want to purchase a Tempered glass lens protector.  The glass they. DJI uses is "CHEAP" will break on a  simple tilt over,hitting just right.

The camera is waterproof, heat cannot escape, there are two places it allows to escape the lens area and below called heat sinks.
2021-2-20
Use props
Hdrider
lvl.1
Belgium

I recycled the first lens cover. The second and third lens cover see pictures.
Use of Osmo Action, on bicycle and normal roads no mountainbike and indoor taken video.
The lens is always hot.
2021-2-20
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

I use  a lens protector tempered glass that will stop the cracking, also you can get a cap, cut out the inner and that stop it all together.
2021-2-20
Use props
Hdrider
lvl.1
Belgium

DJI no respons.
2021-3-3
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

You need to contact the actual reps not the forum not a single thing they can do but direct. been there, want to know their answer?

Send in the whole camera for repair and they may simply charge you, Like I did I would put a  actual lens cap over and cut out the inner. no more drops.
2021-3-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules