Controller Cables
471 6 2021-2-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jcGilmour
lvl.1

Canada

I wish to use a long data cable between the controller and my phone. I ordered a USB C to USB micro cable on Amazon and it doesn't work: "Can't connect to controller" Any ideas?
Is the DJI supplied cable special?

Thanks in advance
John
2021-2-19
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

I also needed a longer cable to go from my Mini RC to my Android phone (that uses a USB C connector).  I bought a cable that specifically mentioned use with a DJI drone, but I don't believe it's anything special.  Here is the one I bought:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2021-2-19
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

You need an OTG type cable like this one that worked for me: https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2021-2-19
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

It must be specific for DJI drones as the initial roles are reversed. The host is the RC, which soon hands over the task to the MD.
2021-2-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, jcGilmour. Thanks for reaching out! We suggest checking the RC cable that you have purchased on other of your devices that could work on it to confirm that it is working properly. Please check also from the manufacturer whether it supports data transfer as some cables can only do charging. Restarting your mobile device while connected to the RC might also do the trick if it can't be detected.   
2021-2-20
Use props
jcGilmour
lvl.1

Canada

Thanks to everyone that replied! I guess that the key spec is OTG. I have a couple  arriving today and will test them out. I am doing this to get the phone away from the controller in order to prevent the phone's compass data from being corrupted.
2021-2-20
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

Cables:  I check the DJI store, and I also get some cables from:  Anker.com.  I just got a USB-C to Lightning it is 3' long and the lightning end is at a 45 degree angle.
It was very close to twenty two U. S.  Never had a problem.  
2021-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules