Bad UPS shipping and DJI after sale experience
846 11 2021-2-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_0P9N7aIYgiFV
lvl.2
Flight distance : 22172 ft
United States

I was told by DJI technical support by calling to ship whole set to do the quick assessment under a warranty for free for the problem of the short flying range issue and he said it only takes about a week to finish it including the shipping time. Once they confirm it , they will give me the replacement right away. However;  now it’s been more than a week and my drone just got delivered and it would need another 5-7 days to do the assessment excluding the shipment time back to me. In this pace according to what I have been currently told, the total of assessment needs to be done at least for a month. I have asked them to extend my DJI refresh care of drone if my case keeps being delayed but they said there is no way to do that and keep asking me to use my DJI refresh care to pay $69 to get replacement right away even tho it’s their product defect issue under the warranty...it’s now totally different than what I was told originally. I really feel so frustrated to buy DJI product with poor quality, after sale service and meaningless warranty...
2021-2-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience caused. I've managed to get your case number via your forum account, I'll forward it to the corresponding team to expedite the process. If there is an update, we'll keep you updated.
By the way, where did you contact our technical support and guarantee you the warranty service? Please be noted that the proper solution will be provided based on the diagnosis result. For a normal repair case,  it usually may take 5-7 business days excluding shipping and delivery. Thanks for your patience.
2021-2-19
Use props
djiuser_0P9N7aIYgiFV
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2-19 19:43
Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience caused. I've managed to get your case number via your forum account, I'll forward it to the corresponding team to expedite the process. If there is an update, we'll keep you updated.
By the way, where did you contact our technical support and guarantee you the warranty service? Please be noted that the proper solution will be provided based on the diagnosis result. For a normal repair case,  it usually may take 5-7 business days excluding shipping and delivery. Thanks for your patience.

Yes, please. Thank you for your response. I was calling the technical number 818-235-0798 to get the warranty guarantee. I wish I could record it so that I could have a proof to attach...basically every time I called, I got different answers. I am so frustrated whom I should believe now...the only reason I want to ship out for the assessment is because the flying range is too short only about 500 meters for me but it  is claimed to 10km...and he told me that may be because of a product defect and asked me to ship out a whole set by filling out the repair form online and would give me the replacement within a week for free under the warranty due to the product defect. But now I call for the status of my drone, they all just ask me to use my DJI refresh care and pay $69 which is so different than what I was told originally...I was so excited to be ready for flying my drone happily without any issues but now it’s all sadness, delay, pay extra money, to use DJI refresh care and so on...
2021-2-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_0P9N7aIYgiFV Posted at 2-19 20:45
Yes, please. Thank you for your response. I was calling the technical number 818-235-0798 to get the warranty guarantee. I wish I could record it so that I could have a proof to attach...basically every time I called, I got different answers. I am so frustrated whom I should believe now...the only reason I want to ship out for the assessment is because the flying range is too short only about 500 meters for me but it  is claimed to 10km...and he told me that may be because of a product defect and asked me to ship out a whole set by filling out the repair form online and would give me the replacement within a week for free under the warranty due to the product defect. But now I call for the status of my drone, they all just ask me to use my DJI refresh care and pay $69 which is so different than what I was told originally...I was so excited to be ready for flying my drone happily without any issues but now it’s all sadness, delay, pay extra money, to use DJI refresh care and so on...

Thanks for your prompt reply. I'll forward the situation to the corresponding team to investigate. As for your case, the package has been received, our team will take care of it, the proper solution will be provided based on the diagnosis result. We appreciate your patience.
2021-2-19
Use props
djiuser_0P9N7aIYgiFV
lvl.2
United States

Hi,

I got the replacement back today but they forgot to send back 4 pieces of my motor covers. Is there any chance to get them back?
2021-2-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_0P9N7aIYgiFV Posted at 2-25 19:13
Hi,

I got the replacement back today but they forgot to send back 4 pieces of my motor covers. Is there any chance to get them back?

I'll confirm with the team and let you know. Thanks.
2021-2-26
Use props
djiuser_0P9N7aIYgiFV
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2-26 02:57
I'll confirm with the team and let you know. Thanks.

Thanks. Could you also help to update the repair team another problem that I had from replacement drone? Today I tried to fly the replacement of the drone. Somehow it showed lost RC signal intermittently...it happened few times not just once...one of them is like glitch...the distance is only 74ft high and 3ft distance at that time but it showed no GPS and RC signal lost even tho on the right side of RC signal chart is full...it’s a bit frustrating since it’s a new drone...please help to investigate or replace another one...
8E735D10-C8F9-4774-9681-F8979DB7AAAA.jpeg
F479F964-6F1D-491B-BF31-9C12BB484191.jpeg
2021-2-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_0P9N7aIYgiFV Posted at 2-25 19:13
Hi,

Hi there, sorry to let you know that the motor covers are unable to be sent back.
Before sending your product for repair, please remove any customized decorations and items on it (including but not limited to decorative stickers, UAS stickers, paintings, etc.). DJI will not be responsible for any damage or loss that may occur to these customized decorations and items.

At the same time, for safety considerations, it is not recommended to use third-party accessories.
This thread: https://forum.dji.com/thread-206109-1-1.html for your reference.
2021-2-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_0P9N7aIYgiFV Posted at 2-26 19:22
Thanks. Could you also help to update the repair team another problem that I had from replacement drone? Today I tried to fly the replacement of the drone. Somehow it showed lost RC signal intermittently...it happened few times not just once...one of them is like glitch...the distance is only 74ft high and 3ft distance at that time but it showed no GPS and RC signal lost even tho on the right side of RC signal chart is full...it’s a bit frustrating since it’s a new drone...please help to investigate or replace another one...

For the signal loss issue, could you please try different flight environments to see if it persists or not? By the way, please check if the firmware has been updated to the latest or not, you are recommended to refresh the firmware and try it again. Please keep me updated, thanks.
2021-2-27
Use props
djiuser_0P9N7aIYgiFV
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2-27 00:16
For the signal loss issue, could you please try different flight environments to see if it persists or not? By the way, please check if the firmware has been updated to the latest or not, you are recommended to refresh the firmware and try it again. Please keep me updated, thanks.

It’s a new drone. I always and can only update it to the latest firmware before I fly. I have tested different locations and same location as before...the flying range is still only 4700ft maximum and this replacement seems more unstable than my previous one...the signal jumped and lost too much and fast. I would say my previous one is better in terms of stability. I wonder it may be damaged during the shipping. Because when I got the drone it was only wrapped with bubbles wrap but not firmed in it’s location. It must be bumped and rolled around in the box during the shipping. Also, the box was having some obvious dents. Please send me another one with proper packaging.
2021-2-28
Use props
djiuser_0P9N7aIYgiFV
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2-27 00:16

Is there any update from your side? Now the replacement drone cannot even detect my RC sometimes during the flight. I can’t believe the replacement is even worse and has more problems than my previous one...
EA11525F-D408-416A-ADD8-8EFD3443A184.jpeg
2021-3-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_0P9N7aIYgiFV Posted at 3-1 20:23
Is there any update from your side? Now the replacement drone cannot even detect my RC sometimes during the flight. I can’t believe the replacement is even worse and has more problems than my previous one...

Hi there, sorry for the late response. I have sent you a PM. Please check it, thanks.
2021-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules