Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ronin-M footage
1512 5 2015-7-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
noipego
lvl.3
Greece

First time Ronin-M test...no monitor or focus control... yet.
shot with 16-35 - no post stabilization or slomo..
normal & upright modes....Really happy with the result

youtube.com/watch?v=vfaY0k91SUc

All Stiffness 50-54
only Pan smooth track ON
Speed - Deadband - Accel: 50 - 8 - 15
2015-7-10
Use props
DJI-Cathy
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Wonderful
2015-7-11
Use props
noipego
lvl.3
Greece

thx i shot 150 clips all came out very smooth, although im not quite trained with gimbals
2015-7-12
Use props
HarborPictures
New

United States

noipego Posted at 2015-7-12 18:19
thx i shot 150 clips all came out very smooth, although im not quite trained with gimbals

Nice!  How did you handle focus?  
2015-7-13
Use props
noipego
lvl.3
Greece

HarborPictures Posted at 2015-7-14 08:12
Nice!  How did you handle focus?

Wide lens 24mm and f8-10 and everything was pretty much in focus...if you have to shoot with f2.8-4 then keep the focusing distance ..and a monitor would help
2015-7-15
Use props
medoway
New

United States

I used to work at a remote head rental place in LA and worked with some of the top professionals in the grip/camera dept.  Worked with a lot of steadicam operators who laughed at the Ronin... (i started to drink the Kool-aid too, thought you needed a steadicam op to be able to achieve 'professional results')  
What i've come to realize is that is not the case.
The ronin is essentially a stabilized remote head that you can hold in your hands, take in a moving car, throw into small spaces and pull off camera moves that would have costs thousands of dollars in equip and labor.  Take a look at the :17 mark for what I'm referring to. 70% of this spot was done with the ronin.

Just shot this a few weeks ago with the Ronin DJI and the Alexa Mini.  Let me know what you guys think!

Best,
Mike
2015-10-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules