Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Unable to connect to my home WIFI since last SC update.
4879 17 2021-2-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djl61
lvl.4
Flight distance : 795810 ft
United States

Unable to connect the Smart Controller to my Xfinity gateway (home WIFI). This started after the last firmware: v01.00.0880 update on the SC.
If I remove the security on my gateway it connects but its not safe to have your WIFI unprotected. I tried too many times to get it to connect to my home wifi with WPA2 security, it did connect before the firmware update, but not any more. So I've been using my phone's hot spot to connect to WIFI. I hope the next update fixes this.

2021-2-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, djl61. Thanks for reaching out! We're sorry for the inconvenience that it has caused. We'd like to know if there's any error prompting in the DJI Smart Controller when you're connecting to your secured Home Wi-Fi. You can also delete or forget the connection from your secured Home Wi-Fi before trying to reconnect again and see whether that might help. Looking forward to your response.
2021-2-20
Use props
djl61
lvl.4
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-20 04:42
Hi, djl61. Thanks for reaching out! We're sorry for the inconvenience that it has caused. We'd like to know if there's any error prompting in the DJI Smart Controller when you're connecting to your secured Home Wi-Fi. You can also delete or forget the connection from your secured Home Wi-Fi before trying to reconnect again and see whether that might help. Looking forward to your response.

There were no errors when trying to connect, it just says "saved" under the SSID. I did use the forget function and re-entered my password many times with no connection. As I stated in the post it does connect to my phone's hot spot but for updates and transferring files I prefer  to use me home wifi.
IMG_4515 (1).jpg
2021-2-20
Use props
JohnDG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

Hi djl61,

are you trying to connect to 2.4 or 5 GHz on your access point ?
I found out that it connects easier to a 2.4 GHz signal than on a 5 GHz. Got both set on my SC. It first connects to the 2.4 signal of my wireless router, then some time later it picks up the 5GHz.

If you have both frequencies broadcasted, try the 2.4 GHz. Don't hide broadcasting the name of your access point.
2021-2-20
Use props
djl61
lvl.4
United States

JohnDG Posted at 2-20 06:31
Hi djl61,

are you trying to connect to 2.4 or 5 GHz on your access point ?

It doesn't matter it wont connect to either.
2021-2-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djl61 Posted at 2-20 06:28
There were no errors when trying to connect, it just says "saved" under the SSID. I did use the forget function and re-entered my password many times with no connection. As I stated in the post it does connect to my phone's hot spot but for updates and transferring files I prefer  to use me home wifi.

Thanks for your prompt response. We recommend that you perform a firmware refresh via the DJI Assistant 2 to check whether that might help. Anyway, we're already checking this on our end and we'll have you informed if there's any update.
2021-2-20
Use props
djl61
lvl.4
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-20 23:37
Thanks for your prompt response. We recommend that you perform a firmware refresh via the DJI Assistant 2 to check whether that might help. Anyway, we're already checking this on our end and we'll have you informed if there's any update.

I refreshed the firmware twice using the DJI Assistant 2 and still the same issue.
2021-2-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djl61 Posted at 2-21 01:31
I refreshed the firmware twice using the DJI Assistant 2 and still the same issue.

Could you verify if the problem only occurs when connecting to a WPA2 secured wireless access? Have you tried resetting your router or modem to check whether that might help?
2021-2-22
Use props
jmb63
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

djl61 Posted at 2-21 01:31

Just a thought....The update might have affected the encryption so it won't accept certain characters or the like in the password...I remember seeing that somewhere....So maybe just try resetting your WiFi password for that network to something simple just for a test? Was there an update to your service or modem/router that you might not know about?  
Did you try resetting/restarting your router/modem, etc?

2021-2-22
Use props
djl61
lvl.4
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-22 01:06
Could you verify if the problem only occurs when connecting to a WPA2 secured wireless access? Have you tried resetting your router or modem to check whether that might help?

It will not connect to a WPA2 secured wireless access. I have reset the router several times, changed the SSID and password and it still won't connect.  All my other devices connect except for the Smart Controller.
2021-2-22
Use props
djl61
lvl.4
United States

jmb63 Posted at 2-22 11:20
Just a thought....The update might have affected the encryption so it won't accept certain characters or the like in the password...I remember seeing that somewhere....So maybe just try resetting your WiFi password for that network to something simple just for a test? Was there an update to your service or modem/router that you might not know about?  
Did you try resetting/restarting your router/modem, etc?

Tried that. It did not work.
2021-2-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djl61 Posted at 2-22 13:33
It will not connect to a WPA2 secured wireless access. I have reset the router several times, changed the SSID and password and it still won't connect.  All my other devices connect except for the Smart Controller.

You may try to Factory Reset your DJI Smart Controller and see whether that might resolve your concern. Please be advised that it'll delete all the files and settings that are current saved in the DJI Smart Controller.
2021-2-25
Use props
djiuser_72GMU0u665lH
New

United States

djl61 Posted at 2-22 13:34
Tried that. It did not work.

If you get this resolved I'm interested to know what the fix is. I have xfinity also and it worked with my current modem prior to the recent update. Now I have exactly the same issues as you and have been at this trying different things for hours. Very unhappy at the moment as I just bought this a few weeks ago in a fly more kit... With weather and work I haven't flown at all yet since buying everything. Not interested in using my phone as a hotspot full time for this SC. DJI needs to fix this!!
2021-2-26
Use props
djl61
lvl.4
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-25 06:14
You may try to Factory Reset your DJI Smart Controller and see whether that might resolve your concern. Please be advised that it'll delete all the files and settings that are current saved in the DJI Smart Controller.

Didn't have to do a factory reset. Seems my Xfinity gateway software has updated.  Today my smart controller connected finally. I don't know what changed but it seem to be Xfinity because I haven't changed anything on the smart controller.
2021-2-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djl61 Posted at 2-28 18:25
Didn't have to do a factory reset. Seems my Xfinity gateway software has updated.  Today my smart controller connected finally. I don't know what changed but it seem to be Xfinity because I haven't changed anything on the smart controller.

That's good to know and glad it was all sorted out. Cheers!
2021-2-28
Use props
fans18cecc10
New

United States

Brand new smart controller out of the box and I’m experiencing the same issue. Except mine has not magically fixed itself yet
2022-1-19
Use props
Kenneth Gooden
New

United States

I updated  3.1 on my sc live 4 now i cant connect to internet
2023-6-16
Use props
Kenneth Gooden
New

United States

No problem before updated