best tablet dji fly
2155 10 2021-2-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
yvontessier
lvl.2

Canada

Can someone confirm that this is a great tablet for dji fly?           https://www.walmart.com/ip/SAMSU ... 90NZKAXAR/456480508                                                              

2021-2-20
Use props
hunterws
Second Officer
Flight distance : 382536 ft
United States

Nobody can confirm.  Here's why.  If it matches a list of acceptable devices ... it could be an old list since the latest update.  Why?  Because they do not update everything across the board at the same moment ... they roll out software that sorta works, they spent 30mins on it, throw it out there and let the customers find the problems .... happens every time.  (I'm losing faith quick)

So, you buy a XXX tablet that is on the list of usable devices, then there's an update, and now it's not compatible any longer.  When you write to support, they tell you to use a different device, when they don't realize our devices are not $10.  It's beyond the point of annoyance, and is starting to look intentional, or just very lazy and sloppy.

Since I can't go out and fly, because they won't put the latest flyapp (or not allowed to) on the google playstore .... I'll just sit here on the forums and point stuff out.
(the firmware on my mm2 updated, but can't update the app.  I refuse to install anything from any source other than the play store where it's verified to not mess up my tablet.)

2021-2-20
Use props
Donut Michigan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42415 ft
United States

I just started using my old iPad Air ( normal size) and it is working fine.I have a sun shield on order for it. I was using the iPad 7.  Working fine and the bug screen is so much better.
So if you have an older iPad laying around I’d try that first.
Doug
2021-2-20
Use props
George GR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2990653 ft
Greece

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=234051
2021-2-20
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

The SM-T290 is NOT a good tablet to use. I have one and it works for the Mini but not for the MA2 or Mini 2 because it only has a quad-core cpu (needs an octo-core). It also does not have an internal geomagnetic sensor (compass), so the direction indicator for the remote will  not work properly. Pass on it.
I use an ASUS Zenpad Z8S 7.9" (under $100 used on eBay) and it works for all my drones and has the compass.

2021-2-20
Use props
steamship
lvl.4
Flight distance : 229180 ft
Russia

GaryDoug Posted at 2-20 12:14
The SM-T290 is NOT a good tablet to use. I have one and it works for the Mini but not for the MA2 or Mini 2 because it only has a quad-core cpu (needs an octo-core). It also does not have an internal geomagnetic sensor (compass), so the direction indicator for the remote will  not work properly. Pass on it.
I use an ASUS Zenpad Z8S 7.9" (under $100 used on eBay) and it works for all my drones and has the compass.

I'm considering a Samsung Galaxy Tab A7. It has a 2GHz Octa-core processor and 3GB RAM, so in theory should be fine. There are two models available, one of which has LTE. Is there any benefit in opting for the LTE version, bearing in mind that it's primary job will be for use with the Mini 2, apart from being able to download updates out in the field, which I can do anyway at home over Wi-Fi?
2021-2-21
Use props
ozoffi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 55128 ft
Austria

hunterws Posted at 2-20 11:18
Nobody can confirm.  Here's why.  If it matches a list of acceptable devices ... it could be an old list since the latest update.  Why?  Because they do not update everything across the board at the same moment ... they roll out software that sorta works, they spent 30mins on it, throw it out there and let the customers find the problems .... happens every time.  (I'm losing faith quick)

So, you buy a XXX tablet that is on the list of usable devices, then there's an update, and now it's not compatible any longer.  When you write to support, they tell you to use a different device, when they don't realize our devices are not $10.  It's beyond the point of annoyance, and is starting to look intentional, or just very lazy and sloppy.

what should be different about one and the same APP just because it comes from the Google Play Store instead of the DJI-website as an APK?
But everyone as he means - while you're annoyed with the 1.2.1 (no 2k7 60FPS ...), I already work with the 1.2.4 on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 without any problems
2021-2-21
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

steamship Posted at 2-21 04:30
I'm considering a Samsung Galaxy Tab A7. It has a 2GHz Octa-core processor and 3GB RAM, so in theory should be fine. There are two models available, one of which has LTE. Is there any benefit in opting for the LTE version, bearing in mind that it's primary job will be for use with the Mini 2, apart from being able to download updates out in the field, which I can do anyway at home over Wi-Fi?

No other advantage as far as I know.
2021-2-21
Use props
hunterws
Second Officer
Flight distance : 382536 ft
United States

ozoffi Posted at 2-21 04:55
what should be different about one and the same APP just because it comes from the Google Play Store instead of the DJI-website as an APK?
But everyone as he means - while you're annoyed with the 1.2.1 (no 2k7 60FPS ...), I already work with the 1.2.4 on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 without any problems

Yea, I'm a silly goose when it comes to security and privacy I guess .... I cherish my privacy and don't like malware, that's what the difference is.  When it comes off the playstore, it's verified, well, what does that mean?   https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/2812853

Now, if you're legit, why would you not go through that simple process, to get to the masses easily?
Answer me that
2021-2-21
Use props
Astro Bob
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9616 ft
United States

hunterws Posted at 2-21 19:02
Yea, I'm a silly goose when it comes to security and privacy I guess .... I cherish my privacy and don't like malware, that's what the difference is.  When it comes off the playstore, it's verified, well, what does that mean?   https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/2812853

Now, if you're legit, why would you not go through that simple process, to get to the masses easily?

You can do the following in Google Play store settings. Once you turn this on all apps go through Google for safety check and if OK or not they will tell you. And yes....I ran the latest DJI app 2.2.4 through and it is fine.
==================
Send unknown apps to Google
If you choose to install apps from unknown sources outside of the Google Play Store, turning on the “Improve harmful app detection” setting will allow Google Play Protect to send unknown apps to Google to protect you from harmful apps.

On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Play Store app Google Play.
Tap Menu Menu And then Play Protect And then Settings Settings.
Turn Improve harmful app detection on or off.
2021-2-21
Use props
ozoffi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 55128 ft
Austria

@hunterws  Read the link you posted !!

Check the security status of the app:
- Open the Google Play Store app Google Play on your Android smartphone or tablet.
- Tap on the triple-bar menu triple-bar menu and then Play Protect.
- Read the information about the status of your device.

You just shouldn't load and install APKs from unsafe sources - DJI is not an "unsafe source"! Or would they even buy a drone from such an uncertain source?
What I am questioning: I trust a manufacturer with his hardware and then mistrust him with the software created for this hardware?
2021-2-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules