I took my Drone for a walk today to 2069m...
690 7 2021-2-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

Yep I thought my Drone hadn't been out much lately so decided to go take the Drone on a walk to releave some of the boredom. I didn't just take the drone but 6 batteries, controller, holders everything..Climbed a local 2069m peak near Queenstown NZ (actually the same one in profile photo!) and thought..Hmm would make a great 360 pano here.. Got it all set up ready to go....then Hmmm what's that card thing with a line through it on my DJI Fly App??  Doh!!!! No card. Guess who downloaded images from their Drone card on their PC last night and left it in the PC???

You live you learn I guess. While I have a spare card in my Drone case when I'm hiking and folding up the drone into my pack there is no such prearranged backup! Needless to say in my daytrip checklist there is now a special line * DO NOT FORGET TO HAVE A MICRO USB CARD IN YOUR DRONE!

The drone had a great time though....
2021-2-20
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

Sorry to hear you missed a good video / photo opportunity.  Yea, always a good idea to carry a spare card or two.
2021-2-20
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
New Zealand

K6CCC Posted at 2-20 19:30
Sorry to hear you missed a good video / photo opportunity.  Yea, always a good idea to carry a spare card or two.

Thank you! You have to do these things once I guess :-)
2021-2-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ive done this once too,  but lucky I have the M2P which has 8gn internal storage so it saved the day.
2021-2-21
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
New Zealand

DAFlys Posted at 2-21 02:34
Ive done this once too,  but lucky I have the M2P which has 8gn internal storage so it saved the day.

Yes very lucky to have that! That internal storage must have pushed the design weight of the mini over 250g :-)
2021-2-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bussty Posted at 2-21 02:38
Yes very lucky to have that! That internal storage must have pushed the design weight of the mini over 250g :-)

I bet they could have squeezed it in as it weighs 244 grams,  its probably more a price/feature point thing for marketing.
2021-2-21
Use props
WrongWay Feldman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 19885 ft
United States

I thought the Mini could record to the device without an SD card, albeit at a lower resolution but it wouldn't have been a total loss.
2021-2-22
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
New Zealand

Can record to phone but pretty average from what I have seen previously?  
2021-2-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules