Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Pro flies with one side higher
930 10 2021-2-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RHGa2017
lvl.2
Flight distance : 147375 ft
  • >>>
United States

I bought a used Mavic Pro.  It has a strange problem.  When hovering, one side is about an inch higher than the other.  It basically hovers and flies at a tilt. I have calibrated IMU and compass.  All the firmware is the latest.  I have 2 other Mavic Pros and have never seen a problem like that.  I am not sure what I can do to correct this or can it be corrected?  Has anyone else had this problem. By the way, I posted a different Mavic Pro problem a few minutes ago - but it is a different Mavic.  
Thanks for any help!

2021-2-20
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Is that Mavic drifting a bit?
2021-2-23
Use props
RHGa2017
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Peterx Posted at 2-23 01:45
Is that Mavic drifting a bit?

Actually it is pretty steady when hovering.  At altitude, it does have times when it drifts pretty badly.  But that may be a different issue.  And that problem is intermittent.  But the one side higher issues seems to be all the time.  
2021-2-23
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

RHGa2017 Posted at 2-23 11:57
Actually it is pretty steady when hovering.  At altitude, it does have times when it drifts pretty badly.  But that may be a different issue.  And that problem is intermittent.  But the one side higher issues seems to be all the time.

But the one side higher issues seems to be all the time.  
The obvious first thing to do is a new IMU calibration.
2021-2-23
Use props
RHGa2017
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 2-23 18:47
But the one side higher issues seems to be all the time.  
The obvious first thing to do is a new IMU calibration.

Did that first thing. Checked all firmwarw versions, calibrated IMU and compass and sensors - even auto adjusted gimbal. Pretty much checked everything I could think of. And in case something had gone wrong, I went through the entire calibration process again. Still doing same thing.
2021-2-23
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

RHGa2017 Posted at 2-23 19:17
Did that first thing. Checked all firmwarw versions, calibrated IMU and compass and sensors - even auto adjusted gimbal. Pretty much checked everything I could think of. And in case something had gone wrong, I went through the entire calibration process again. Still doing same thing.

On a perfectly level surface?

ps ... you can forget compass, firmware, gimbal and OA sensors.
They are unrelated to level flight.

One possible cause of the issue ... a dumb one but I have to ask just to eliminate the obvious....
Is the drone doing this in windless conditions?

2021-2-23
Use props
RHGa2017
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Yes, level surface and confirmed with a builders level. True about the other calibrations and checks, but as I got this used, wanted to make sure any issues were identified - if compass had an error for example. Would have wanted to do that even if had no issues.

And yes, the issue is verified in calm conditions.

2021-2-23
Use props
KenDuke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50837 ft
United States

Could be the props are heavier on one side.   Change all 4 of them, and see if that fixes this.
2021-2-24
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Do what Ken said first and then look for the Gyro error. May be the Gyro doesn´t work properly.
2021-2-27
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Maybe it's a more mechanical issue, which arm is flying higher ?
If it's at the rear it could be a cracked butterfly tab, allowing the arm to move upwards under load.

dji mavic pro butterfly.JPG
2021-2-27
Use props
RenegadeCowboyAZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3600774 ft
United States

Have you tried diff props ?
2021-3-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now