Pocket 2 : connection to HDMI screen
13942 16 2021-2-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pylebecque
lvl.1

France

Hello,

I am interested by the Pocket 2, but I need to check one important thing.

=> Can I connect the Pocket 2 to some kind of HDMI screen, in order to see what the camera sees on a bigger scale ?

Indeed, when I wish to set correctly a scene, the small details are important : make sure that this item is not cut on the frame, etc.
The screen is much too small for that.

So is there a possibility to see the small Pocket 2 screen on a much bigger screen ?

Thank you in advance for your answer,
Pierre-Yves (France)

2021-2-21
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

There is no HDMI output.  You can connect it to a supported model of phone to monitor on a larger screen.
2021-2-21
Use props
pylebecque
lvl.1

France

fansfe82067d Posted at 2-21 12:33
There is no HDMI output.  You can connect it to a supported model of phone to monitor on a larger screen.

Thanks for the answer.

Would it work with a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3, which is a tablet not a phone ?
2021-2-21
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

pylebecque Posted at 2-21 12:59
Thanks for the answer.

Would it work with a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3, which is a tablet not a phone ?

I doubt whether that's on the list of approved devices - you might find it won't even install, so perhaps that's the first thing to check (as it won't cost anything to try).  But that doesn't necessarily mean it will work with the camera.  Hopefully someone has tried it.

[Edit - I see that's quite an old tablet so probably hasn't got the required USB C port to activate the camera.  All in all, not looking good....]

2021-2-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Pierre-Yves. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have given. As posted above I am sorry to say that the DJI Pocket 2 has no HDMI port. For reference I will post the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Pocket 2. Thank you.

2021-2-21
Use props
pylebecque
lvl.1

France

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-21 20:41
Hello there Pierre-Yves. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have given. As posted above I am sorry to say that the DJI Pocket 2 has no HDMI port. For reference I will post the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Pocket 2. Thank you.

[view_image]

OK thanks that list is helpful!

Thank you both for your answers.

Pierre-Yves
2021-2-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

pylebecque Posted at 2-22 08:12
OK thanks that list is helpful!

Thank you both for your answers.

Hi there Pierre-Yves. Thank you for the reply and if you have any other concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help and assist you. Thank you.
2021-2-23
Use props
pylebecque
lvl.1

France

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-23 02:40
Hi there Pierre-Yves. Thank you for the reply and if you have any other concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help and assist you. Thank you.

Hello,

I've managed to find a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.
It seems it's not on the list you have provided. Do you confirm ?

Would the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge be compatible with the Osmo Pocket 1?

Thanks
Pierre-Yves
2021-2-24
Use props
Flakmunky
New

United Kingdom

My solution to this is to connect to the Do-It-All handle using wi-fi, then use a USB-C to HDMI adaptor / cable. You can then use any screen as a monitor. (EDIT: Any screen that has HDMI in!)
I've tested this and confirm it works with a Samsung Note 10+. I did have to turn Samsung Dex off, as otherwise it will output the Dex desktop rather than mirroring the 'phones screen.
2021-3-5
Use props
Flakmunky
New

United Kingdom

Just noticed the OP was talking about a Galaxy 7. These have micro-USB, so you can still output to HDMI, using an MHL adaptor, such as this one on Amazon.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/converter-Female-Adapter-Smartphones-Function-Black/dp/B07F6XBH5X

2021-3-5
Use props
Superior Videos
lvl.3
Australia

Flakmunky Posted at 3-5 02:33
My solution to this is to connect to the Do-It-All handle using wi-fi, then use a USB-C to HDMI adaptor / cable. You can then use any screen as a monitor. (EDIT: Any screen that has HDMI in!)
I've tested this and confirm it works with a Samsung Note 10+. I did have to turn Samsung Dex off, as otherwise it will output the Dex desktop rather than mirroring the 'phones screen.

Thank you for this solution.
This is exactly what I was going to try but was unsure if the usb c would support it..
I just wish DJI would work on a solution to preview in the app while streaming.
Cheers.
2021-7-10
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

pylebecque Posted at 2-24 14:29
Hello,

I've managed to find a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.

There are some other phone and tablet models besides the ones mentioned on the official DJI list that work with the Pocket 2. I and other users have gathered these on two threads here in the forums. To see the lists of tested compatible and non-compatible models, see https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=235190 (for phones) or https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=237518 (for tablets).

As for the HDMI connectivity, there are some third-party solutions for it (although as of now, I haven't seen a direct Pocket 2 to HDMI adapter). One option is to google CosmoStreamer, other one has already been mentioned here (the USB-C to HDMI adapter). There might be others too, but don't know them personally.
2021-7-11
Use props
bikelike
lvl.2
Netherlands

HGDC84 Posted at 2021-7-11 01:37
There are some other phone and tablet models besides the ones mentioned on the official DJI list that work with the Pocket 2. I and other users have gathered these on two threads here in the forums. To see the lists of tested compatible and non-compatible models, see https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=235190 (for phones) or https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=237518 (for tablets).

As for the HDMI connectivity, there are some third-party solutions for it (although as of now, I haven't seen a direct Pocket 2 to HDMI adapter). One option is to google CosmoStreamer, other one has already been mentioned here (the USB-C to HDMI adapter). There might be others too, but don't know them personally.

Usiing that CosmoStraemer: is the touch functionality also possible on a field monitor?
2022-2-14
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

bikelike Posted at 2-14 09:01
Usiing that CosmoStraemer: is the touch functionality also possible on a field monitor?

My guess is it depends on the monitor. If you are using a Windows-based tablet, then I think you can control some of the functions using touch controls that could be used with mouse too. At least there are options to use keyboard and joystick controls on a PC.

Unfortunately, I can't say for sure, as I haven't been able to connect my Pocket 2 succesfully to the CosmoStreamer. I think the developer of the software could answer your questions more throughly.
2022-2-14
Use props
B_Gears
lvl.2
United States

I use an iPad along with a Pocket 1 when recording live video at clubs. Here is a photo of my original setup before I got the wifi base. So now I use wifi to connect the DJI Mimo to my iPad instead of a cable. This also allows me to connect an external battery to the Pocket 1 so I can record for over 4 hours with out having to worry about running out of power.

2022-2-28
Use props
djiuser_7OtURbukddrS
New

Vietnam

B_Gears Posted at 2-28 19:15
I use an iPad along with a Pocket 1 when recording live video at clubs. Here is a photo of my original setup before I got the wifi base. So now I use wifi to connect the DJI Mimo to my iPad instead of a cable. This also allows me to connect an external battery to the Pocket 1 so I can record for over 4 hours with out having to worry about running out of power.

[view_image]

I don't think it is woking
2022-12-24
Use props
FEBON
lvl.1

Taiwan

Turn DJI Pocket 2 RTMP to HDMI !
DJi Pocket 2 DO NOT have physical hdmi output or usb webcam output.
it just can do the live streaming.

my idea is that turn local RTMP streaming into hdmi output.
so, you need add a "do-it-all handle" adapter.

螢幕快照 2023-06-23 23.47.12.jpg
demo

2023-6-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules