Osmo Action taking shots/video on its own
2735 6 2021-2-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Geoff Burke
lvl.2
Flight distance : 733684 ft
United Kingdom

Hi, I recently bought the Osmo Action and it suffers from randomly all on its own will; A. take a picture,  B. Start recording a video. C. Change screens!
If left alone it will continue to randomly cycle through these various operations saving pictures and video's to the SD card and running the battery down.
I've swithch the camera off and on again, and it still does it. I've reset the camera back to factory settings and it still does it.
I'm using a Toshiba Exceria U3 128Gb SD card formatted by the camera and it continues to do the same.
As a sea kayaker, I bought the camera to be mounted in remote positions on the kayak and activate video or picture modes via voice commands from the camera in standby.
Please advise.
2021-2-21
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

VC (voice command) is totally OFF

I Refresh firmware  again.  Search on here for the how to video!
2021-2-21
Use props
Geoff Burke
lvl.2
Flight distance : 733684 ft
United Kingdom

Thanks for your swift reply.
Are you saying voice command needs to be switched off?  If thats the case the camera is useless for my needs.
I did a firmware update at the same time I originally registered and activated the camera.
I'll check if there is a further firmware update.

Cheers
2021-2-21
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

I know enough to keep mine off. if I say Profile the camera will switch screens, snap a photo. if I say Stop it will start the recording. so  words are being said and  that is what is happening.

its useless for your needs, that I am sorry to hear. its  not yet perfected.

Yi asked for 100 people to be  testers for voicecommand , we all were asked to record 20 sayings.  and the rest is History. does it work better, NO
2021-2-21
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

2021-2-21
Use props
WHD.ii
lvl.1

South Africa

Wow... I just posted my own thread, with similar issues. Randomly changes to photo mode, etc.

Don't think I'll get another dji product going forward... their lack of support, clumsy interfaces, lack of updates, etc. is quite appalling... think I'll go the Insta360 route, or something other than GoPro.
2023-5-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules