Need help
1677 8 2021-2-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JDubDrony
lvl.1
United States

I am very new.  I went out to day for a hike.  Got some good footage with my Mavic Mini as well as a separate camera.  My question.  How can I bring the data from the micro sd card from the second camera over to the DJI Fly app to edit that footage with drone footage?
Any help would be appraciated.
2021-2-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Do yourself a favour and get a free copy of Davinci Resolve and edit on a desktop.
2021-2-23
Use props
JDubDrony
lvl.1
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-23 01:18
Do yourself a favour and get a free copy of Davinci Resolve and edit on a desktop.

Thanks for the reply. I have been looking at that. My friend just started using it. How is the learning curve for that product? Ease of use?
2021-2-23
Use props
Watts4Dinner
lvl.1
United States

It is a pretty advanced software if you have never edited. Honestly I use Premiere Pro and am switching over to Davinci because of the color grading features. If you are looking something to dip your toes in then go the extremely easy route and do windows movie maker. If you want something with more features but seems to be easier for people to grasp I would get Final Cut X.

I personally use a lot of Adobe but the learning curve is pretty steep if you have never used any of their design or video software.
2021-2-23
Use props
JDubDrony
lvl.1
United States

Watts4Dinner Posted at 2-23 13:45
It is a pretty advanced software if you have never edited. Honestly I use Premiere Pro and am switching over to Davinci because of the color grading features. If you are looking something to dip your toes in then go the extremely easy route and do windows movie maker. If you want something with more features but seems to be easier for people to grasp I would get Final Cut X.

I personally use a lot of Adobe but the learning curve is pretty steep if you have never used any of their design or video software.

I have used Movie Maker in the Past, used iMovie more. I am interested Davinci. For quick edits out in the field I have used the Fly App but could not get it to recognize the footage I captured with my camera on the ground. I wanted to edit the drone footage and add the extra but had to wait till I got home and use iMovie.
2021-2-23
Use props
Watts4Dinner
lvl.1
United States

If you want to start learning a program that could give you some real potential I would give Davinci a try. There are tons of Youtube videos out there to help out.
2021-2-23
Use props
JDubDrony
lvl.1
United States

Watts4Dinner Posted at 2-23 14:51
If you want to start learning a program that could give you some real potential I would give Davinci a try. There are tons of Youtube videos out there to help out.

Thank you for the great advice. I have so many creative ideas in my mind but I am limited by the tools I have. Sounds like it’s time to get some new tools.
2021-2-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JDubDrony Posted at 2-23 06:17
Thanks for the reply. I have been looking at that. My friend just started using it. How is the learning curve for that product? Ease of use?

There are loads of training tutorials on the Davinci site or YouTube is full of guides.   Once you get the basics they translate well to the other software out there if you ever wanted to switch.
2021-2-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there JDubDrony.  Good day and thank you for these information you have posted. Since you will be needing a 3rd party software to do this process. I hope that our fellow DJI co pilots can give out what 3rd party software they are using to edit there filmed footages. Thank you and keep flying.
2021-2-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules