IMU Calibration error & Factory Restore not working
4155 4 2021-2-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
163ab
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4344 ft
Canada

Hi all, I have an new issue that came from nowhere.
IMU Calibration is required but when I try to run the calibration, the start button does nothing.

I downloaded DJI GoApp2 for Mac and have been trying to refresh the firmware, but I constantly get an error at 73%.

I then tried to complete a factory restore and also get an error.

So I am completetly stuck.

The rear LED's are blinking Red Yellow Green constantly.

If I can't fix with the software upgrades/firmware refreshes, where do I go next?

Screenshot

Screenshot
2021-2-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there 163ab. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know before this issue happened. Was there a hard landing or a crash that happened to the said DJI Drone? Thank you.
2021-2-24
Use props
163ab
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-24 20:34
Hello there 163ab. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know before this issue happened. Was there a hard landing or a crash that happened to the said DJI Drone? Thank you.

There has not been any crash or hard landing. I have taken very good care of the Spark throughout its life (gentle handeling, safe flying and storage).
I called one of the recognized DJI Repair Centres in my area and the rep said that if a Spark sits for too long they are known to have issues. Being Winter I have not turned the drone on for about 2 months.

I have not heard of this warning before, and havn't read about it online. Do you know of this issue? It is a little concerning to know that a product that is worth almost $700 will deteriorate rapidly if it is not turned on. A stronger warning from DJI would be appreciated if this is true.

The only other things that might be worth noting is that I have the drone stored in an upright position and in my metal safe. Could those factors have added to the current problems?

Again, It seems to be related to the IMU hardware, but I'm also having software issues too. So strange to happen out of nowhere. I can provide more screenshots of errors if that helps?
I'm leaning towards bringing it to the repair centre to have their techs have a look and maybe replace the IMU. What are your thoughts?
2021-2-25
Use props
163ab
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-24 20:34

Hi Stephen, have you heard of the issue of the main board dying because it was not turned on for 2 months? That is what the repair centre is telling me. How does this happen? One day it works, the next it does not...
2021-3-12
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
lvl.4

Hungary

Try this:
2021-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules