1794 6 2021-2-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
163ab
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4344 ft
Canada

Hi all,
Can anyone assist with an error when trying to perform a factory restore?
Please see attached.

Im on a Mac, Drone is connected by USB Cable. Currently has an IMU error and when I try to complete the calibration the start button does nothing.
I have deleted the DJI Go app and re-installed.
I am attempting to factory restore but can't even do that!

Please help.

Error screen

Error screen
2021-2-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, 163ab. Thanks for reaching out! We're sorry to read about the difficulties you're encountering. We recommend checking whether the DJI Assistant 2 you have installed is the latest for the DJI Spark. You can check the link for the installer here: https://www.dji.com/spark/info#downloads

Should the same problem persists, please update or refresh your aircraft's firmware before doing another Factory Reset.
2021-2-21
Use props
163ab
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-21 23:22
Hi, 163ab. Thanks for reaching out! We're sorry to read about the difficulties you're encountering. We recommend checking whether the DJI Assistant 2 you have installed is the latest for the DJI Spark. You can check the link for the installer here: https://www.dji.com/spark/info#downloads

Should the same problem persists, please update or refresh your aircraft's firmware before doing another Factory Reset.

I called one of the recognized DJI Repair Centres in my area and the rep said that if a Spark sits for too long they are known to have issues. Being Winter I have not turned the drone on for about 2 months.

I have not heard of this warning before, and havn't read about it online. Do you know of this issue? It is a little concerning to know that a product that is worth almost $700 will deteriorate rapidly if it is not turned on. A stronger warning from DJI would be appreciated if this is true.

I'm now told the main board is dead and repairs are $300-$400. How could the drone board just die out of nowhere? Is this what happens to DJI products? What kind of support does DJI offer for this situation?
2021-3-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

163ab Posted at 3-12 05:05
I called one of the recognized DJI Repair Centres in my area and the rep said that if a Spark sits for too long they are known to have issues. Being Winter I have not turned the drone on for about 2 months.

I have not heard of this warning before, and havn't read about it online. Do you know of this issue? It is a little concerning to know that a product that is worth almost $700 will deteriorate rapidly if it is not turned on. A stronger warning from DJI would be appreciated if this is true.

You have previously mentioned an issue regarding the IMU. Could you help us check it further by submitting a screenshot of that particular error? Thank you!
2021-3-12
Use props
163ab
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-12 23:03
You have previously mentioned an issue regarding the IMU. Could you help us check it further by submitting a screenshot of that particular error? Thank you!

Thank you for getting back to me. Here is the error I received.
2021-3-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

163ab Posted at 3-14 07:20
Thank you for getting back to me. Here is the error I received.
[view_image]

Thank you for your prompt response. In this case and since the problem continuously persists, it is suggested to return the unit back to our Service Center so we can conduct further testing. At your soonest convenience, please get in touch with our Customer Support to assist you to open a ticket.

Regarding warranty repair, it will be determined after Damage Assessment has been conducted given that your unit is still within the warranty period based on its activation date.
2021-3-14
Use props
163ab
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-14 23:19
Thank you for your prompt response. In this case and since the problem continuously persists, it is suggested to return the unit back to our Service Center so we can conduct further testing. At your soonest convenience, please get in touch with our Customer Support to assist you to open a ticket.

Regarding warranty repair, it will be determined after Damage Assessment has been conducted given that your unit is still within the warranty period based on its activation date.

Hi,
I know for a fact I am out of the warranty period. The Authorized DJI Repair centre near me has assessed the Spark and determined the main board is not responding properly. He suggested I do not fix it, very expensive ($400+) and that I buy a Mavic Mini 2.
I need to stress this is VERY disappointing for something that I have spent $700 on and have taken very good care of.

Why would I trust another DJI product to not break again in the near future?
Would DJI provide a discount for something like this to provide some financial support in this matter?

I was so pleased with this product, but that has been ruined by this experience.
2021-3-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules