839 18 2021-2-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hhasanain
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1064308 ft
Saudi Arabia

hi all,,

I have a Mavic Mini and Mini 2,, and now thiking of buying the Mavic Air 2.

my Qs:
1- is it worth the upgrade?
2- what will I feel majorly different between the MM2 and MA2?

No need for details, just headlines will help..

Thanks a lot
2021-2-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there hhasanain. Thank you for reaching out and for these inquiry. The DJI Mavic Air 2 is an amazing consumer drone and I hope that you will get the best information from our DJI co pilots who have purchased the DJI Mavic Air 2 and can give out there own insight on the said DJI drones. In addition I will post a link where in you can compare both the DJI Mavic Mini to the DJI Mini 2, to the DJI Mavic Air 2 and to other DJI consumer drones as well ( https://www.dji.com/products/com ... ndsite&from=nav ). Thank you and please stay safe always.
2021-2-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I upgraded from Mini and Mini 2 for the APAS Obstacle Avoidance, more speed and better handling in windy conditions.  
2021-2-22
Use props
Marius_LTU
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1885056 ft
Lithuania

If your are going to order it from dji.com, keep in mind, that it could take time to ship it out. I have ordered MA2 almost 2 weeks ago. It's still stuck in China.
2021-2-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You'll feel your flying a much stabler Drone, with better equipment on board.
Better Signal, Ocysync
Better Redundancy, Obstacle Avoidence
Much Better wind handling
Longer flight distance
Better Camera up to 60fps 4K
Raw/Jpeg
HDR Video
Bigger Sensor
More features
There are many more , and although Mini is a great starting place to learn about drones its also limited , the natural progression is Air 2 or Mavic 2 Pro.

2021-2-22
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Active tracking, low power strobes built-in. auxiliary bottom light. better FPV mode, smart RTH
2021-2-22
Use props
hhasanain
lvl.4
Saudi Arabia

Marius_LTU Posted at 2-22 06:06
If your are going to order it from dji.com, keep in mind, that it could take time to ship it out. I have ordered MA2 almost 2 weeks ago. It's still stuck in China.

Thanks for the heads up,
I’ll buy it locally from Saudi, sadly, it’s only sold here in the black market for almost 80% more than retail
2021-2-22
Use props
hhasanain
lvl.4
Saudi Arabia

Thanks all for the info, I’ll probably get it today and Lee you posted.

What’s the Smart RTH?
2021-2-22
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

i don't think it is worth it to keep all 3 drones, if you get the m2 then you could get rid of the mm which you will likely never fly again.  surprised you still have both mm and m2.

ma2 owners would want to get the m2 because they want small and < 250g and could use a "backup" drone.  otherwise, tend to maybe not look back.
m2/mm owners would want the ma2 because they want better features, more stability, finally can fly in the wind....they want to step up, maybe they are a better pilot.
2021-2-22
Use props
ChrisJG
First Officer
Flight distance : 1725341 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Marius_LTU Posted at 2-22 06:06

Ordered my Mavic Air 2 from the DJI Store on Saturday and it's been shipped with DHL Express already...Would be very surprised if it is longer than 5 days.
2021-2-22
Use props
Marius_LTU
lvl.3
Lithuania

ChrisJG Posted at 2-22 09:20
Ordered my Mavic Air 2 from the DJI Store on Saturday and it's been shipped with DHL Express already...Would be very surprised if it is longer than 5 days.

My MA2 was shipped with DHL express as well.
Ordered on 11th of Feb, shipping label was printed on 15th, 18th was picked up by DHL. On the same day parcel departed from China and it is the last record in shipping tracking.
2021-2-22
Use props
ChrisJG
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Marius_LTU Posted at 2-22 22:29
My MA2 was shipped with DHL express as well.
Ordered on 11th of Feb, shipping label was printed on 15th, 18th was picked up by DHL. On the same day parcel departed from China and it is the last record in shipping tracking.

Ouch, that's a long time to be waiting. What have DJI said about that?
2021-2-23
Use props
Marius_LTU
lvl.3
Lithuania

ChrisJG Posted at 2-23 02:04
Ouch, that's a long time to be waiting. What have DJI said about that?

They said, that I would contact them on 25th if item is not delivered yet. It will be 5 business days after the item was picked up by DHL. So we will see. Probably I will be informed, that item is in transit and I should wait more 5 business days
2021-2-23
Use props
ChrisJG
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Marius_LTU Posted at 2-23 03:10
They said, that I would contact them on 25th if item is not delivered yet. It will be 5 business days after the item was picked up by DHL. So we will see. Probably I will be informed, that item is in transit and I should wait more 5 business days

Good luck, the DJI store website here in the UK does state shipping in 2-5 days after order. I hope that we both receive our drones soon.
2021-2-23
Use props
Marius_LTU
lvl.3
Lithuania

ChrisJG Posted at 2-23 10:53
Good luck, the DJI store website here in the UK does state shipping in 2-5 days after order. I hope that we both receive our drones soon.

At last I have received mine MA2.  It took only one day to deliver from Netherlands to my home (Lithuania), when delivery from China to NL took 7 days (plus additionally 7 days to ship it out from China warehouse).
Hope you have received your drone as well Good luck!
2021-2-25
Use props
ChrisJG
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Marius_LTU Posted at 2-25 05:21
At last I have received mine MA2.  It took only one day to deliver from Netherlands to my home (Lithuania), when delivery from China to NL took 7 days (plus additionally 7 days to ship it out from China warehouse).
Hope you have received your drone as well  Good luck!

So pleased that yours has arrived....mine though, according to the DHL website is still in China.
I've just escalated with DJI Support.. DHL say "Thank you for contacting DHL Express.

"I’m really sorry, but due to the length of time your shipment has not received a scan we will need to investigate further.
Please can you confirm the following details to enable me to initiate a trace on this shipment? Your contact details, shipment contents, how many pieces, weight, dimensions, (length*width*height) of the package, value and a description of the packaging?
Again, I would like to reiterate my apologies for this inconvenience."

Paid by PayPal, so not worried, but had hoped / expected to fly this coming weekend....

Safe flying,

Chris
2021-2-25
Use props
AE1M
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1862884 ft
United States

I upgraded to the MA2 from the Mini.  Have only been out once so far, but it was 10-15mph wind at the surface.  I flew up to 400’ and 5000’ away  a few times with NO wind warnings and it flew great and smooth!  Love the new controller.  Cant wait to try all the new intelligent flight modes too.
2021-2-25
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

AE1M Posted at 2-25 14:29
I upgraded to the MA2 from the Mini.  Have only been out once so far, but it was 10-15mph wind at the surface.  I flew up to 400’ and 5000’ away  a few times with NO wind warnings and it flew great and smooth!  Love the new controller.  Cant wait to try all the new intelligent flight modes too.

your very first outing with this drone and you're flying nearly a mile away; nice!
2021-2-25
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

The Mavic Air 2 is a totally different flying experience the Mini/2.  The Mini 2 is an incredible drone; extremely compact and quiet.  It is great for travel and portability.  My biggest complaint about the Mavic Air 2 is the size but that is why it handles so much better in adverse conditions.  

I very much wanted a Mini 2 and we to pick one up on launch day.  Unfortunately they had just sold out as I was walking in.  A few weeks later at drone group I was able to fly a noobs Mini 2.  As I said, it was great but lacked the speed, range, stablity and wind capabilities of the Mavic Air 2.  I ended up not getting the Mini 2.
2021-2-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules