how to disable the auto power of on dji pocket 2 !!!?? Help needed
5274 12 2021-2-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jeanjohnny
lvl.1
Italy

Hi All,
i recently purchased a DJI pocket 2 with the last available firmware  (01.03.00.10) , and i would like it to stay always on  instead of  powering off after some minutes.
( this happens even when connected to a external powerbank via usb-c ) .
I saw on the user manual that i should  be able to setup the auto power off in the system menu , but i don't see it at all on my dji . When i press the system icon ( clockwork symbol )
i only get:

full screen
Storage
FT ( selfie)
Accessories
callibration
antiflicker
key tone
more  ->
   language
   reset
   Device Info

as it been remove from the menu ?
Is it possible to disable the auto power off  ?

regards,

jean
2021-2-22
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Good question - I can't find it either.
2021-2-22
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Hey DJI - this is annoying!  Soon I have to record a musical concert and the camera will be near the stage and I will be some distance away.  Having turned on the camera before the performers arrive, unless I connect the phone by wifi and keep it on, the camera might shut down before the music starts.  I assume that this means the battery on the camera will drain faster (because wifi is in use) and the phone battery likewise (because it has to be kept active).  Hopefully this will be fixed in the next update.
2021-3-5
Use props
jeanjohnny
lvl.1
Italy

Mister  DJI !!

How can you have a device that shuts down on its own even when connected to a external power supply ??????? Do you think that we can always be close to our dji pocket 2 at any time to on it back  and redo all the settings again ???

Please put back in the menu the possibility to disable it , as in any other device !!

2021-3-5
Use props
Blellow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1311056 ft
  • >>>
United States

Any good news on this?
2021-3-28
Use props
jeanjohnny
lvl.1
Italy

No feedback from DJI so far, let's hope they read this thread ....
2021-3-30
Use props
DWFORE
lvl.1

United States

I would like to be able to turn off the automatic shutoff feature as well.  It interferes with how I film action sports with the Pocket 2.  Please consider adding this feature DJI.  Thanks.
2022-1-25
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Having the option would be nice indeed.
2022-1-25
Use props
Nicholas Bowling
New

United States

Agreed, it interferes with the way I shoot. This update would be very helpful.
2022-2-7
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

I hope this ability too to turn off automatic shutdown.

I like to setup my Pocket 2 wireless and when bird is doing this and that I want to hit record.
Or I just wanna keep it ON correctly pointed and when I need to record it is ready for it. Now it sucks that it resets everything after short period of time.

Please let us keep Pocket 2 ON until battery goes down like you can do with camcorders.
2022-2-7
Use props
Ranjan
Second Officer
India

A simple trick meanwhile you can use is to put the pocket 2 in timelapse mode with longest interval between shots that will consume little battery & wont let the camera sleep. When you are ready to shoot stop the timelapse & shoot video as usual.

Hope DJi adds option to auto shutdown based on user choice, till then this solution will work fine.
2022-2-7
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Ranjan Posted at 2-7 20:15
A simple trick meanwhile you can use is to put the pocket 2 in timelapse mode with longest interval between shots that will consume little battery & wont let the camera sleep. When you are ready to shoot stop the timelapse & shoot video as usual.

Hope DJi adds option to auto shutdown based on user choice, till then this solution will work fine.

That's a nice idea for a workaround, will have to bear in mind the next time I'll have to keep the camera on standby. Thanks for the tip!
2022-2-8
Use props
djiuser_dQQnkx8gOL5p
New

United Arab Emirates

I am facing the same problem. I just bought it today and this auto shut off is really annoying. Any solution thus far?
2022-8-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules