Focuswheel sensitivity can't be modified
433 1 2021-2-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lustyle
lvl.1

Switzerland

Hi,

I just got the focuswheel for my ronin-SC and already run into an issue that makes it almost usless or unusable. Everything worked right away without any troubles. But there is something very important missing. It's the possiblity to modify the sensitivity of the focus-wheel. I'm using a NikonZ6 and came over that topic also when i was testing some focusstack-apps. There i found out that the focussteps for each lens are very different. The NikonZ 50mm1.8 focuses in much larger steps than the 35mm1.8.
DJi did not yet payed attention to that and just decidet to send the same stepnumber to every lens. While for a 50mm1.8 a steplength of for examle 20 is alread quite a focus-change on the 35mm1.8 it is not even visible.

So the result is that if i use the focuswheel with the NikonZ 50mm1.8 it focuses in visible steps. You see clearly the focusjumps it makes because the steps are too large. With the 35mm1.8 on the other hand you have to make several wheel-turns to get from closest to fartest focuspoint.

So in the best case the Ronin-SC would recognize which lens is mounted and adapt the focussteps its sends accordingly to make them feel all the same. Or than at least one should be able to configure how large the focusstep is. Also there it would be good to be able to save that for each lens but this just works if the ronin can read out of the camera which lens is attached. I think this issue could be found also with other camerabrands as different optics have longer or shorter focusmovements. Although i think that could be addapted also in the camera in the way that a focus step of 20 than gets translatet to the internal focusstep that corresponds more or less to that value. But instead of hoping that every camerabrand does things in the same way it is much more flexible selecting the value for a single focusstep in the ronin app and assign that to the focuswheel. It would be quite easy to implement. It is already sending that stepnumber to the camera. We just need the possibility to modify that value in the app.

I really hope that dji will adress that asap!
2021-2-22
Use props
lustyle
lvl.1

Switzerland

Actually an additional Tab in the Ronin app for the focuswheel where you can define the focussteps for severel lenses would be the best thing...
2021-2-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules