Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_FficrgsTftRF
lvl.2
Flight distance : 70180 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Hi,

So 5 photo auto exposure bracketing has not worked properly on my Mavic 2 Pro since I bought it. I have owned my Mavic 2 Pro for 3 years now, have tried resetting the firmware multiple times, and everything else you can think of, but no matter what I do, when taking 5 images with the 5 photo auto exposure bracketing (AEB), the last image is always misalligned. The camera will take the first 4, then the camera shoots to the left and takes a final image that does not line up with the other 4. I have uploaded 5 images to show this example.

This has caused me alot of issues with Real Estate Photography work over the years and would have loved to get a replacement, but DJI always just tells me resetting the firmware will fix it (it doesn't).

Has anyone had this issue? Any solves? The 3 photo AEB works fine, just not 5 AEB. Have never had a DJI drone that works perfectly, but this issue actually causes me alot of issues with my work.

Would seriously appreciate any answers.

AEB1

AEB1

AEB2

AEB2

AEB3

AEB3

AEB4

AEB4

AEB5

AEB5

2021-2-22
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

This has caused me alot of issues with Real Estate Photography work over the years (and has costed me money with clients)
I haven't heard of anyone else having this issue.
But I'm puzzled at why it would be a big deal anyway.

I just tried blending the 5 images you posted and got a perfectly acceptable composite image.
Or if there was a real problem, you should be able to still get a good result by just blending images 1-4 ???
Or if the lighting is good, just selecting a single image?

5zx.jpg
2021-2-22
Use props
djiuser_FficrgsTftRF
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

Labroides Posted at 2-22 16:11
This has caused me alot of issues with Real Estate Photography work over the years (and has costed me money with clients)
I haven't heard of anyone else having this issue.
But I'm puzzled at why it would be a big deal anyway.

I am doing high level (& high expectation) work for clients...there is often lighting conditions where I need to use all 5 bracketed images to their full potential. Not looking for a rude response, or a workaround, just hoping to have 5 properly bracketed images (not one misaligned) .  All the best and try to stay positive! Cheers.
2021-2-22
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_FficrgsTftRF Posted at 2-22 16:26
I am doing high level (& high expectation) work for clients...there is often lighting conditions where I need to use all 5 bracketed images to their full potential. Not looking for a rude response, or a workaround, just hoping to have 5 properly bracketed images (not one misaligned) .  All the best and try to stay positive! Cheers.

Not looking for a rude response, or a workaround.
And you didn't get a rude response either.
I still can't see how the issue is serious enough to have cost you money.

2021-2-22
Use props
Marty Markoe
First Officer
Flight distance : 15135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Frankly I did not see a significant misalignment. If it is troublesome, simply move the quadcopter back a little to give enough room to get the whole image you wish included and then crop a little.
PS, truly not trying to be rude.
2021-2-23
Use props
djiuser_FficrgsTftRF
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

Marty Markoe Posted at 2-23 04:46
Frankly I did not see a significant misalignment. If it is troublesome, simply move the quadcopter back a little to give enough room to get the whole image you wish included and then crop a little.

If you look at the last photo, compared to the rest, there is a tree on the left side that is not present in any of the others. It is more of an issue when you are shooting up close. Detailed architectural shots of roofing, during sunset in particular have caused me issues (metal roofs are very shiny and reflect a lot of light). & yeah of course I can just back up lol, but then I lose the detail clients are looking for.
2021-2-23
Use props
djiuser_FficrgsTftRF
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

Marty Markoe Posted at 2-23 04:46

I have been doing workarounds for 3 years now, so not looking for that type of answer, as I stated.

Thanks though! Wish I could just delete this post but there is no option to unfortunately.
2021-2-23
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

I checked my 5 AEB RAW pictures of a close by object, but they are perfectly aligned with each other. It's not typical for the model it seems. It seems your drone is changing it's angle or displacing himself on the very last picture.
2021-2-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, djiuser_FficrgsTftRF. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern here. We're sorry for the inconvenience that this problem is causing and we'd like to offer our help. Before that, we'd like to know whether this phenomenon occurs all of the time when using 5 photos AEB. Please let us know also what's the current firmware installed on your Mavic 2 Pro and the version of the DJI GO 4. Looking forward to your response.
2021-2-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

My MP was very good at AEB5!
2021-2-26
Use props
djiuser_FficrgsTftRF
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-25 04:22
Hi, djiuser_FficrgsTftRF. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern here. We're sorry for the inconvenience that this problem is causing and we'd like to offer our help. Before that, we'd like to know whether this phenomenon occurs all of the time when using 5 photos AEB. Please let us know also what's the current firmware installed on your Mavic 2 Pro and the version of the DJI GO 4. Looking forward to your response.

Hi,
Yes, this happens every single time I use 5 photo AEB. The 3 photo AEB has no issues at all, just the 5 photo AEB does not work.
I have the most up to date versions of the firmware / DJI Go 4. As I said, I have tried resetting the firmware multiple times, have been to multiple drone specialty stores, and no one can seem to figure this problem out. I just get told I am super unlucky.  
2021-3-3
Use props
djiuser_FficrgsTftRF
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

Montfrooij Posted at 2-26 09:57
My MP was very good at AEB5!

I'm jealous! Wish I stuck with my Phantom 4 Pro as it didn't have this issue at all.
2021-3-3
Use props
djiuser_FficrgsTftRF
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

JohnDG Posted at 2-23 06:40
I checked my 5 AEB RAW pictures of a close by object, but they are perfectly aligned with each other. It's not typical for the model it seems. It seems your drone is changing it's angle or displacing himself on the very last picture.

Thanks for checking...and yeah it seems to be an issues that ONLY my drone has, lucky me.
2021-3-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

djiuser_FficrgsTftRF Posted at 3-3 08:40
I'm jealous! Wish I stuck with my Phantom 4 Pro as it didn't have this issue at all.

I get it indeed.
Too bad the EU legislation made the MP quite something from the past for me.
2021-3-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_FficrgsTftRF Posted at 3-3 08:39
Hi,
Yes, this happens every single time I use 5 photo AEB. The 3 photo AEB has no issues at all, just the 5 photo AEB does not work.
I have the most up to date versions of the firmware / DJI Go 4. As I said, I have tried resetting the firmware multiple times, have been to multiple drone specialty stores, and no one can seem to figure this problem out. I just get told I am super unlucky.

We're currently checking about the issue you have submitted. Should there be any update we'll have you notified.
2021-3-4
Use props
FB: GeoDrone4K
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Does M2P have in AEB a manual mode to select the ISO, AP and AF?
2021-3-4
Use props
djiuser_FficrgsTftRF
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-4 04:07
We're currently checking about the issue you have submitted. Should there be any update we'll have you notified.

I'd really appreciate that!  But I don't even expect an actual solution at this point. I have had this problem for over 3 years now....
2021-3-4
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

djiuser_FficrgsTftRF Posted at 3-3 08:41
Thanks for checking...and yeah it seems to be an issues that ONLY my drone has, lucky me.
I know, it can be very frustrating trying to convince technical support.
I hope you can find a solution.
2021-3-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_FficrgsTftRF Posted at 3-4 06:45
I'd really appreciate that!  But I don't even expect an actual solution at this point. I have had this problem for over 3 years now....

Our apologies for the delayed response. We have tried to recreate the issue that you have forwarded but we have failed to achieve a similar result. However, this could be a potential gimbal issue and we strongly suggest returning the unit back to our Service Center for further testing and inspection. Should you route to this option, please reach our Customer Support at your soonest convenience to assist you to open a ticket.
2021-3-15
Use props
audioteorod
lvl.1
Flight distance : 249406 ft
United States

djiuser_FficrgsTftRF Posted at 2021-3-4 06:45

Hey. Were you able or was DJI able to solve your problem?
I just encounter myself in the same situation, being unable to use my M2P in this professional Real State Environment.
2023-2-20
Use props
djiuser_FficrgsTftRF
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

audioteorod Posted at 2-20 19:45
Hey. Were you able or was DJI able to solve your problem?
I just encounter myself in the same situation, being unable to use my M2P in this professional Real State Environment.

Never solved - DJI never offered a solution (just said they couldn't replicate it), and never offered a replacement or anything either. Very frustrating, and I don't imagine there will be a solution after all of these years. I had to replace with Mavic 3 for this reason.
2023-2-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules