Does DJI Fly work on Smart Controller
2457 6 2021-2-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AE1M
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1862884 ft
United States

I fly a Mini with iPhone and DJI Fly.  I am looking at Magic Air 2 with Smart Conroller. Does it run the same app (DJI FLY?)

Bob

2021-2-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Bob. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. The DJI Smart Controller doesn't support DJI Mavic Mini. The DJI Smart Controller uses OcuSync 2.0 while the image transmission of DJI Mavic Mini is Wi-Fi. In addition the DJI Smart Controller is compatible with the DJI Mavic Air 2. Thank you.
2021-2-22
Use props
AE1M
lvl.4
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-22 21:16
Hello there Bob. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. The DJI Smart Controller doesn't support DJI Mavic Mini. The DJI Smart Controller uses OcuSync 2.0 while the image transmission of DJI Mavic Mini is Wi-Fi. In addition the DJI Smart Controller is compatible with the DJI Mavic Air 2. Thank you.

Thanks but that was not my question.

I CURRENTLY use the DJI Fly app on iPhone controlling the Mavic Mini.

I will BUY a Mavic Air 2 with the Smart Controller and I was asking if the DJI Fly app runs on the Smart Controller to fly the Mavic Air 2.  Would like to have the same user interface.

Bob
2021-2-23
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

AE1M Posted at 2-23 04:23
Thanks but that was not my question.

I CURRENTLY use the DJI Fly app on iPhone controlling the Mavic Mini.

Bob, read their last sentence.  As they said, the Smart Controller does support the Mavic Air 2. So yes, DJI Fly is installed and works on the SC to work with the MA2.
2021-2-23
Use props
AE1M
lvl.4
United States

KloGee, thanks for the reply.   I was able to find some (granted) older posts that say the MA2 is not compatible with Dji Fly Appon the Smart Controller.  

This post from DJI gives some sketchy information in the last sentences.  I have DJI Fly 1.2.5 on my iPhone I am using to control my Mini.  Apparently the SC is an Android type device though.
https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
LINK

Can anyone confirm, despite the statement on the DJI website, that current rev of DJI Fly (NOT DJI GO) is now running on the Smart Controller I expect to receive in the box I am expectin?

I ordered the Fly More package with the Smart Contoller (~$1300).
2021-2-23
Use props
djiuser_1aqI2pJY18Nx
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8581306 ft
United States

Sounds like your going to be ok. I have the same kit with flymore.  DJI fly is built in. It auto updates. Follow your directions for staring up the first time. Charge the controller and set the smart controller up make sure you have a good wi fi connection. Takes awhile.  It will automatically give you directions. Stick with this forum. Good luck. It’s pretty
Easy if you take your time.
2021-2-24
Use props
djiuser_1aqI2pJY18Nx
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8581306 ft
United States

I have a Mavic air 2 , not a mini.
2021-2-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now