lvl.2
United States

My first week flying the Inspire1

2015-7-10
Use props
dorn.michael10
lvl.3

United States

looking good, the skyline combined with the sky is really beautiful!
2015-7-10
Use props
markaguille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Guernsey

What did you edit with? Amazing colors and some great content there. Keep up the good work.
2015-7-13
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Yeah keep up the good work, but start flying legally.

I am getting fed up of seeing constant videos of guys flying aircraft over public, freeways, residential and commercial areas, which simply presents a hazard if the aircraft fails.  It is also I believe breaking FAA law in the US  and other country aviation laws such as  the UK, Europe, Australia etc.

If you keep flying like this you will get some amazing footage, but at what cost.  The aviation authorities are simply waiting for an accident and excuse to introduce strict restrictions on teh UAV community and I guess it will be the hobbyist flyers that will be hit the hardest, if they cant demonstrate good reason to fly these aircraft.

You have some good shots in the country and what look like relatively safe areas to fly, so if you haven't got commercial permission to fly in built up areas from the FAA, don't do it.  Stick to flying in the country and flying safely.
So why not record some more footage from safer areas and seek recognition and endorsement for those videos, rather than seeking praise for flying illegally.
2015-7-13
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Great job, very nice footage!
2015-7-13
Use props
DWA
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3176083 ft
  • >>>
United States

GB44 Posted at 2015-7-14 03:59
Yeah keep up the good work, but start flying legally.

I am getting fed up of seeing constant videos ...

It is not illegal over here. Maybe it is in your country.
As enthusiast we should be better informed than this. If WE don't understand this, how will the public understand. Our law makers are going to leave us with something ugly, because no one knows what is going on.

CURRENTLY.

There is no law prohibiting commercial use of a drone. The FAA has lost every case they have brought against anyone, except Trappy. (For the record, I believe Trappy hurt FPV enthusiast with his actions. I believe he should have been slapped for his actions, however, there were no laws against what he did) The FAA originally tried to fine him $10,000. Over the course of time and appeals (that the FAA lost) Trappy settled for a $1,000 fine. And I am sure he had more dollars in lawyers bills than that. So even if you win, you lose.

The current PROPSED rules will have an FAA class and test for commercial use of a drone. I am all for that. I believe education is good for everyone. I will be the first in line to take the class and test once it is available.

However, those are PROPOSED rules . All of the wizards of smart, say it will be 18 months before they take effect, and may change drastically before then. I say it won't take that long. If I am right, you heard it here first. If not... I'll delete this post

CURRENTY

The FAA has an "exemption" process to the rule against commercial use of a drone (that doesn't exist)

It is known as a 333 exemption. According to the FAA, you cannot fly a drone commercially, without applying for, and obtaining, a 333 exemption. To be granted a 333 exemption, you must be a full scale licensed pilot

Educate yourself. Please click and learn. There are lots more links on the pages of these links.
https://www.faa.gov/uas/legislative_...s/section_333/

https://www.faa.gov/uas/nprm/
2015-7-13
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

DWA Posted at 2015-7-14 08:01
As enthusiast we should be better inform ...

Nice shots!

Comments are true and we can only hope that the AMA and FAA can agree for some guidelines that will not ruin it for all of us. If you are interested in keeping our rights to fly, then stay active and voice your comments on the FAA site's rule committees question and comment section. We need a voice to the government and this is our only way to be heard.  

Rich
2015-7-13
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

DWA Posted at 2015-7-14 08:01
As enthusiast we should be better inform ...

So are you trying to say that flying without VLOS, over public, vehicles and traffic as well as over built up areas complies with FAA guidance.

Thats not the way I read the FAA guidelines :
The FAA has partnered with several industry associations to promote Know Before You Fly, a campaign to educate the public about using unmanned aircraft safely and responsibly. Individuals flying for hobby or recreation are strongly encouraged to follow safety guidelines, which include:

Fly below 400 feet and remain clear of surrounding obstacles
Keep the aircraft within visual line of sight at all times
Remain well clear of and do not interfere with manned aircraft operations
Don't fly within 5 miles of an airport unless you contact the airport and control tower before flying
Don't fly near people or stadiums
Don't fly an aircraft that weighs more than 55 lbs
Don't be careless or reckless with your unmanned aircraft – you could be fined for endangering people or other aircraft

2015-7-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules