Drawings for IPad Air 2 Sunshade (attached)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
evanevery
lvl.1

United States

After seeing the ridiculous prices for retail sunshades, I designed one for the IPad Air 2 as mounted on the P3 remote control.  It does not require any connection to the tablet or to the remote (magnets, Velcro, etc).  It simply sits trapped between the tablet and the factory device mount in the little space above the slider mechanism.  I tried making it out of acetal (cut on a laser cutter) but found cardboard to actually be stiffer, lighter, cheaper, and easier to work with.

I am attaching the actual CAD drawing (DWG), as well as a couple of PDF's which clearly show the dimensions if you want to cut one by hand (very easy).  The dimensions are in MM (because the imperial measurement system is just plain stupid).  You will need a nice clean piece of cardboard about 601mm x 346mm (24x14 in).  Cut it, fold it, and use matt black spray paint if desired.  Use a straight edge and a hammer to help set the folds perfectly.  Tape the folds together with packaging tape.  Seriously simply.  Why pay $30-$50 for something and wait for it to be shipped.  Do it now!

The first PDF shows the very basic outline of the shade.  Cut this first.  Then use the dimensions on the second PDF to trim and cut the necessary holes...

Have fun!

IPad Air 2 DJI P3 Sun Shield 1.pdf (26.02 KB, Down times: 267)
2015-7-10
Use props
evanevery
lvl.1

United States

Here are the attachments...

2015-7-10
Use props
360 Degraus Cre
New
Brazil

why i cant have permission to download ?
2017-12-1
Use props
Hilary Hamilton
New

United Kingdom

360 Degraus Cre Posted at 2017-12-1 09:46
why i cant have permission to download ?

Yes, why tempt us then no download permitted?!!!
2022-7-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules