DJI Fly on Smart Controller?
1548 10 2021-2-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AE1M
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1862884 ft
United States

Does the DJI Fly App work on the Smart Controller?

I plan on purchasing a Mavic Air 2 but heard the DJI Fly app is 64b and the Smart Controller is 32b.

Bob

2021-2-23
Use props
vitaly258
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1311375 ft
United Kingdom

it works with MA2 pretty well
2021-2-23
Use props
vitaly258
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1311375 ft
United Kingdom

2021-2-23
Use props
JEZ2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 336204 ft
United States

The Smart Controller is 64 bit.  I'm not sure how the "rumor" that it is 32 bit spread so far...
The Fly App is packaged with the most recent few firmware updates for the Smart Controller.

That said, the presence of the Fly App does not mean it is compatible with all drones that use the App.  It is compatible with the MA2, so you should be all-set, but be aware to-date it is not compatible with the Mini 2.
2021-2-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Bob. Congratulations of your new DJI Mavic Air 2 and thank you for reaching out. As posted above the DJI Smart Controller is compatible and will work well with your new DJI Mavic Air 2. Thank you.
2021-2-23
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

... I can't understand your requests (anymore)!     

Do you think DJI is selling a SC (together with the MA2) that cannot work with the DJI Fly app at all ???     

2021-2-23
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

vitaly258 Posted at 2-23 10:48

Since you have a Smart Controller, I am trying to find out if the 1000 nits brightness is bright enough to use in daylight, or with sun overhead?  I had CS 7.85 Ultra (2000 nits) and it was awesome with clear view in direct sunlight over my shoulder, overhead, etc.  Unfortunately not good with Air 2S I just bought.  So looking at the SC.
2021-5-3
Use props
MattCaz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 251358 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bill in Ohio Posted at 5-3 11:43
Since you have a Smart Controller, I am trying to find out if the 1000 nits brightness is bright enough to use in daylight, or with sun overhead?  I had CS 7.85 Ultra (2000 nits) and it was awesome with clear view in direct sunlight over my shoulder, overhead, etc.  Unfortunately not good with Air 2S I just bought.  So looking at the SC.

I have the Smart controller and live on the Surface of the Sun in Arizona.  The 1000 nit screen works pretty well in direct sunlight, but I also bought the 1200 Nit Tripletek pro tablet for those really bright days.  A few months ago I was just about to pull the trigger on a Clear Sky when I found out it wasn't compatible with the MA2 and now not the A2s.

2021-5-4
Use props
Matite
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61096 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The Smart Controller (SC for short) is much brighter than my iPhone and is very easy to see in most conditions. It also doesn't suffer from getting less dim as you use it like an iPhone does as it heats up from running the DJI Fly or Go apps. I recommend getting a screen protector that has a matte finish to remove the glossy reflection from the Smart Controller screen.

Earlier this week I purchased a LifThor bracket for the Smart Controller so I can mount an ultra bright portable LCD on it that is 2200 nits (almost 2.5 times brighter than the SC). I had a quick test this afternoon and this thing is crazy bright.

LifThor Bracket:
Allows you to mount a LCD screen above your Smart Controller and also allows it to mount on a tripod or one of those body tripod mounts if you find it is too heavy.
https://www.thorsdroneworld.com/product-page/lifthor-sc-pro-for-dji-smart-controller

Feelworld 7 Inch Ultra Bright LCD:
A very bright 2200 nits small LCD.
https://www.amazon.com.au/gp/product/B08933R75M

Pics:
Note that it is not running at full brightness as it was overcast when I tested it (it automatically adjusts brightness as needed or you can set it to manual mode).

2021-5-7
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

MattCaz Posted at 5-4 15:17
I have the Smart controller and live on the Surface of the Sun in Arizona.  The 1000 nit screen works pretty well in direct sunlight, but I also bought the 1200 Nit Tripletek pro tablet for those really bright days.  A few months ago I was just about to pull the trigger on a Clear Sky when I found out it wasn't compatible with the MA2 and now not the A2s.

The Smart Controller works with Occusync 2.0.  So almost all the newer drones that use that vs Occusync 2 will be fine. but older, Mavic Pro for example, use original Occusync 1 and will not work.
2021-6-9
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Matite Posted at 5-7 03:29
The Smart Controller (SC for short) is much brighter than my iPhone and is very easy to see in most conditions. It also doesn't suffer from getting less dim as you use it like an iPhone does as it heats up from running the DJI Fly or Go apps. I recommend getting a screen protector that has a matte finish to remove the glossy reflection from the Smart Controller screen.

Earlier this week I purchased a LifThor bracket for the Smart Controller so I can mount an ultra bright portable LCD on it that is 2200 nits (almost 2.5 times brighter than the SC). I had a quick test this afternoon and this thing is crazy bright.

That looks pretty cool.  I'll keep it in mind, but think I will be OK with just the SC.  I do miss the larger screen and extra brightness; but I love the simplicity and that it is easy to see.

Thanks for the info.  I will keep it in mind.
2021-6-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules