UPS Shipping custom clearance problems
3291 11 2021-2-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jameseyboy
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi,

I'm struggling to get my Mavic air 2 that has been repaired using DJI Refresh Express cleared from UPS customs in the UK. They are asking for an OP Authorization number along with repair invoices so they can clear it. I have already paid for the service by DJI so why am I having this problem? If it isnt sorted URGENTLY They will start charging me £13 per day for holding it. Please someone help me?

It seems this is not up to me to pay the customs clearance, but it should be either no charge incurred or DJI needs to sort it.

Any solutions? Case Number
CAS-5869742-L9F7S4

James

2021-2-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi James, I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties that you encountered. I'll forward your situation to the corresponding team for a check, if there is an update, we'll keep you updated soon.
2021-2-23
Use props
Jameseyboy
lvl.1
United Kingdom

So now UPS are charging me £64 for something I have not paid for? Are you going to compensate me for this DJI?
2021-2-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Jameseyboy Posted at 2-24 15:35
So now UPS are charging me £64 for something I have not paid for? Are you going to compensate me for this DJI?

Our team is following up on your case and will assist to solve the issue asap. Thanks for your patience.
2021-2-25
Use props
Jameseyboy
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks. I have just received my drone back but I am now being called constantly by customs to pay the money. DJI need to cover the costs for this! It even says on the refresh Box you pay shipping fee's.
2021-2-26
Use props
Jameseyboy
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Could you please let me know what you are doing? They are giving me 7 days before passing this onto a claims team. I am not happy.
2021-2-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Jameseyboy Posted at 2-26 00:55
Thanks. I have just received my drone back but I am now being called constantly by customs to pay the money. DJI need to cover the costs for this! It even says on the refresh Box you pay shipping fee's.

Thanks for your update. I'll help to forward your situation to the corresponding team again. Please rest assured that the issue will be sorted out soon.
2021-2-26
Use props
j4ku3pl_1988
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9695 ft
United Kingdom

Hi. My drone is just coming back from the site. He goes Nuth-Eindhoven-France-London-Dublin-Belfast. And I'm also curious what will happen with customs clearance
2021-3-7
Use props
djiuser_DeJXXm70vw98
lvl.1
Flight distance : 95951 ft
United Kingdom

Dear all, apologies if I am jumping in to the conversation. I am dealing with a kinda similar problem at the moment. I bough  brand new DJI FPV combo via DJIs authorized chanel. Purchased myself the DJI care refress from DJI website and requested a replacement of my FPV drone by paying the excess straigt away. From customs point I am about to send my drone, as instructed to NL for replacement, via UPS. I have been provided with the shipping label and 3 copies of the customs invoice quoting a four digit value? Could anyone explain to me why this particular drone trending on DJI's website for £ 600+ according to the commercial invoice worths more?
Further on, when I have asked customer support to confirm the value for outbound commercial invoice and also on seperate note to be informed about the drone replacement commercial value coming inbound. DJI customer support  said that an answer will come via email. Well I am still waiting for three + days.
Finally I want to conclude by asking: Why DJI make things so hard in order to replace items in the UK despite the fact that they have authorised channels that they can lease with? Why the hassle to answer a few simple questions regarding customs procedures and values? What is the point of paying an excess fee when their authorised resellers/ DJI partners in the UK have more comsumer friendly terms and during the pandemic reasonably fast customer support with clear answers and facts presented?
2021-3-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_DeJXXm70vw98 Posted at 3-13 06:31
Dear all, apologies if I am jumping in to the conversation. I am dealing with a kinda similar problem at the moment. I bough  brand new DJI FPV combo via DJIs authorized chanel. Purchased myself the DJI care refress from DJI website and requested a replacement of my FPV drone by paying the excess straigt away. From customs point I am about to send my drone, as instructed to NL for replacement, via UPS. I have been provided with the shipping label and 3 copies of the customs invoice quoting a four digit value? Could anyone explain to me why this particular drone trending on DJI's website for £ 600+ according to the commercial invoice worths more?
Further on, when I have asked customer support to confirm the value for outbound commercial invoice and also on seperate note to be informed about the drone replacement commercial value coming inbound. DJI customer support  said that an answer will come via email. Well I am still waiting for three + days.
Finally I want to conclude by asking: Why DJI make things so hard in order to replace items in the UK despite the fact that they have authorised channels that they can lease with? Why the hassle to answer a few simple questions regarding customs procedures and values? What is the point of paying an excess fee when their authorised resellers/ DJI partners in the UK have more comsumer friendly terms and during the pandemic reasonably fast customer support with clear answers and facts presented?

Hi there, we are sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Currently, we have no offcial repair center in the UK, to apply for DJI Care Refresh service, the drone will need to be sent to our repair center for service.
For the value of the product, please be advised that DJI FPV combo has a price of £1249 on DJI Store.

Thank you for your attention.

1.png
2021-3-14
Use props
djiuser_DeJXXm70vw98
lvl.1
Flight distance : 95951 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 3-14 01:57
Hi there, we are sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Currently, we have no offcial repair center in the UK, to apply for DJI Care Refresh service, the drone will need to be sent to our repair center for service.
For the value of the product, please be advised that DJI FPV combo has a price of £1249 on DJI Store.
[Image]

Thank you for your reply and your advice. Unfortunately your answer does not cover all of my questions. I do know the retail uk value of the fpv combo. But on the refresh replacement form, I applied for the drone only, hense my question regarding commercial values and why a single item declared at higher value on a commercial invoice.
2021-3-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_DeJXXm70vw98 Posted at 3-14 06:40
Thank you for your reply and your advice. Unfortunately your answer does not cover all of my questions. I do know the retail uk value of the fpv combo. But on the refresh replacement form, I applied for the drone only, hense my question regarding commercial values and why a single item declared at higher value on a commercial invoice.

Sorry for the late response. I fully understand your confusion, as per check, our team is following up on your case. Your situation has been escalated and we'll keep you updated via email. Thanks for your patience.
2021-3-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules