Yellow flashing light
20566 19 2021-2-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
OB-mini2
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi all,

Given the amount of knowldege on this site, I was hoping someone would be bale to help me with a problem that has occured with my drone. Earlier this week, I flew the drone about in the morning just to take some pictures and have a quick fly around.

No problem after following the usual procedure of: unfold the drone; turn on the remote; connect to the phone; open app; turn on drone and connect. Whilst flying about I did very momentarily lose connection but otherwise, the flight went smoothly.

However, when I tried to fly the drone about a bit more in the afternoon, after following the same procedure as above, the lights on the drone started to flash and continued pulsating yellow, even when I tried to turn the drone off. In fact the only way to turn it off was to remove the battery. This sounds very familar to other stories I have heard on here and elsewhere, however, where my differs to others, is that I am yet to find a solution to the problem.

Solutions I have tried thus far include: formatting and removing the SD card; follow the pairing and linking videos suppiled my DJI, I have tried cleaning the USB port, removing and re-downloading the Fly app, installing DJI assitance (although obviously, it wont pair). I don't know if anyone else has anyother suggestions I could try?
If I don't get any progress, I will have to return it to the retailer but given that it worked in the morning but failed in the afternoon, I can't help but think it is something simple that I am missing.

The phone is an iPhone SE 2020 for reference, so it shouldn't be the phone.

Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated

Thanks in advance.

2021-2-23
Use props
DroneyK
lvl.3
United Kingdom

The inability to turn off the drone after failing to pair, at least for me and a few others, was due to longer than usual file names on the memory card. But you have tried formatting tbe memory card so  it can’t be that. But the circumstances of failure are so similar that I’m curious.
2021-2-23
Use props
OB-mini2
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thanks for the reply.
I was hoping it was the SD card, but as I have barely used the drone (mostly due to the winter weather) I haven't had any need to rename files nor really bother the SD card. I did try with another SD card in hope that it would work, but sadly not.
Just as a guess, but I wonder if it is a failed update from the morning session? Possibly one device tried to update whilst the other failed before I tuned it off? That is just my wild guess though.

I'll update if I get any progress.
2021-2-23
Use props
Donut Michigan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42415 ft
United States

Was it flashing fast or slow yellow.
how many satellites did you have.
Flashing fast  yellow is Remote control signal lost.
Flashing slow Yellow GPS and Download Vision System disabled  (ATTI mode enabled)
The direction the antennas on the controller is critical .
Also was the weather the same in morning compared to afternoon. Overcsst may have an affect on how many satellites are available.
2021-2-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there OB-mini2. Thank you for reaching out and for posting these information here at DJI Forum. As posted by Donut Michigan on post #4 when the DJI Mini 2 has a flashing slow Yellow on its Aircraft Status Indicator Light the  GPS and Download Vision System disabled  (ATTI mode enabled). Can you please fly your DJI Mini 2 to a different location with less interference to see if the issue will still persist? The said DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference on the ground, and you took off from close to a buildings with rebar concrete metal objects on it. In addition please make sure that the antennas are pointed toward the aircraft for optimal transmission. Thank you.

2021-2-23
Use props
OB-mini2
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thanks for the responses.
I should have specified that it was flashing yellow quickly, which as Donut Michigan says is due to remote control signal loss and not to do with the GPS.

I'm still a bit perplexed as to why, in the space of a few hours, the remote control + phone that could connect with the drone in the morning, is now unable to connect at all given that I don't think anything had changed from morning to afternoon.

That is why I wonder if it was caused by an update? As when I had finished flying in the morning I turned it off quickly to save the battery, but maybe whilst it was turned on it was actually trying to download and not installed properly? Like the RC and phone are on the new system, but the drone is on the old? Like I say, it is just a guess and more knowledgeable people are welcome to give advice.

Thanks
2021-2-24
Use props
Donut Michigan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42415 ft
United States

OB-mini2 Posted at 2-24 08:09
Thanks for the responses.
I should have specified that it was flashing yellow quickly, which as Donut Michigan says is due to remote control signal loss and not to do with the GPS.

What color and what is the light doing on the drone and also on the controller.
What is it saying on screen if any.
2021-2-24
Use props
OB-mini2
lvl.1

United Kingdom

The front LED light on the drone phases in and out  in white, whilst the indicator light continues to flash quickly in yellow.
The controller lights just flash green at a steady pace.

After firing up the controller and hooking it up to the phone, the app displays the 'Aircraft Setup and Power On' screen with 'Unable to connect to aircraft?' in blue down at the bottom. Following that takes me through the DJI linking videos which unfortunately haven't worked.

Thanks
2021-2-24
Use props
seanie01
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8061 ft
United Kingdom

Im having the same issues, but as of yet not heard back from dji support, pretty poor really & this is what I am getting

Really hope someone can help me, I was really excited to recevie the Mavic Mini 2 after reading many reviews about this I thought lets go for it, pleaced order got drone & how excited was I, very, first flight complete got used to the controls etc, second flight today excellent, no issues at all, drone back into house to review footage, asking to do softwre update, ok no issues, everything went fine until I went to turn it back on for another flight this afternnoon, then boom, constantflashing yellow light, no connection to the remote at all, then i took to the internet, followed everyones advice but still nothing, tried connecting to dji assistant on my MacBook Air & do you think it would connect.....nope not at all, sent dji support a message nothing heard back , spoke to Amazon who have organised a replacement being delivered tomorrow, but this leaves me in a situation, is this going to happen again? really thinking should have i just gone for a full refund & opted for a different drone, from different manaufacture, it does not give me very much confidence in the DJI range, if anyone els shed any light on this or possibly a fix if it happens again, i really would be very grateful, or at least dji support answer my messages, cheers.
2021-5-10
Use props
videoeditman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

I am not sure as I haven't flown in a few days so not on current update? On the Air 2s forum everyone who updated through Assistant can not take off error code #?????
DJI is working on an firmware fix, I hope they check the Mini 2 also as the update may have grounded everyone!
2021-5-10
Use props
OB-mini2
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi Seanie,

I posted my response on the other 'Mini 2 not pairing' thread as I figured it would be best to keep all solutions in one place.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... id%3D766&page=1

Unfortunately for me, I had to send it to DJI even after speaking to the retailer who suggested a number of ideas but advised as well to send it to DJI. Like you I was pretty peed off but fortunately I didn't have the same issue with DJI customer care. I used the internet chat option as I find these to be more direct and spontaneous than ringing these days. Since the drone has been repaired I have had no issues and I do enjoy using it. However, I do feel that some things are a bit shoddy and for a new drone/product to fail so quickly does not fill me with confidence.
2021-5-13
Use props
djiuser_8W6oJRK4MXD2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39662 ft
India

I'm having the exact same issue, and unfortunately the offical support hasn't been able to help solve the issue. Apparently the mini 2 isn't supported in the official DJI service center in my country, and because of this I can't get it repaired either. If anyone has found a solution to this problem, any help would be really really appreciated. Any ideas on what could be the cause of this would also he helpful. Thank you.
2021-7-15
Use props
HUNkisvex
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2088219 ft
Guatemala

Sorry to hear that there is no reply on this topic. I have the same issue but mine started with a splash in the water (no controller touched just hoovering and within seconds -2 meter). Since then the mini 2 disconnects from the remote controller even if they are next to each other. Can't connect to DJI assistant 2 since the drone disconnects, yellow flashing, can't turn off just when I take out the battery. After trying to turn off there is always one led stays on and the yellow blinking continues. Hope there is some answer on this one since I'm traveling and I don't have any possibility to send it back for a repair.
2022-2-21
Use props
fans93730e78
New

Albania

Hi all
I bought 3 weeks ago a dji mini se and today i have a problem.Rc not linking with drone.The drone light are yellow and flashing quicky.How can I fix this ?I press and hold for 4 second  power button in aircraft and the drone cant joined in pairing mode.Please Can You help me ?What should I do ?
Thanks
2022-8-10
Use props
loneindian
lvl.1

United States

fans93730e78 Posted at 8-10 03:57
Hi all
I bought 3 weeks ago a dji mini se and today i have a problem.Rc not linking with drone.The drone light are yellow and flashing quicky.How can I fix this ?I press and hold for 4 second  power button in aircraft and the drone cant joined in pairing mode.Please Can You help me ?What should I do ?
Thanks

I just had the same problem today - 8/19/22.  Rapid flashing yellow Status Indicator on the mini 2, 4 green lights on controller flashing on and off, DJI Fly app splash screen loads but the Fly Interface doesn't come up.

My last flight a week or so ago had zero issues.  

I have seen over the past 3-4 days, the DJI Fly app tried to update twice, both times the transfer died and the receiving app on the phone never timed out - just kinda hung.

I loaded up the DJI Fly app splash screen and selected 'Connection Guide' on bottom right and indicated I had a mini 2.  It popped up an error saying that there was a firmware inconsistency and offered to update the firmware.  I agreed.  It updated. Mini 2 rebooted. Problem solved.
2022-8-18
Use props
djiuser_VcC0QSPXm8Wz
New

Philippines

loneindian Posted at 2022-8-18 20:33
I just had the same problem today - 8/19/22.  Rapid flashing yellow Status Indicator on the mini 2, 4 green lights on controller flashing on and off, DJI Fly app splash screen loads but the Fly Interface doesn't come up.

My last flight a week or so ago had zero issues.  

Bought my mini se last month. Have you tried fixing the issue? Currently experiencing it
2023-1-8
Use props
djiuser_K3n8ZE2Lgryz
New

United States

I am having the same exact problem with my Mini 2 right now. The light is flashing yellow very fast and it’s not connecting to the controller and when I try to turn it off it won’t turn off. Causing me to removed the battery to turn it off. I just purchased this 2 days ago and I’m already having problems with it. Can somebody please help me resolve this issue?
2023-8-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_K3n8ZE2Lgryz Posted at 8-24 21:16
I am having the same exact problem with my Mini 2 right now. The light is flashing yellow very fast and it’s not connecting to the controller and when I try to turn it off it won’t turn off. Causing me to removed the battery to turn it off. I just purchased this 2 days ago and I’m already having problems with it. Can somebody please help me resolve this issue?

Hello there. I'm sorry about the inconvenience. Does it have an extra battery to test? Or will you be able to show us a video for further checking? Thank you for your patience.
2023-8-25
Use props
djiuser_K3n8ZE2Lgryz
New

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 8-25 03:11
Hello there. I'm sorry about the inconvenience. Does it have an extra battery to test? Or will you be able to show us a video for further checking? Thank you for your patience.

I tried it with all the batteries I tried but nothing worked
2023-8-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_K3n8ZE2Lgryz Posted at 8-25 12:53
I tried it with all the batteries I tried but nothing worked

Hi there. Just to confirm. You pressed once and then pressed and held on the power button right? Can you please send us a video of the operation showing the issue? You can save it to Google Drive or YouTube and then paste the link here. Thank you for your patience.
2023-8-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules