ginnibatra1403
lvl.1

India

FOR TIME LAPSES MAJORLY

2021-2-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there ginnibatra1403. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. I am sorry to say that the DJI OM4 is not compatible with 3rd party action cameras like the GoPro Hero 9.  You may try using a recommended mobile device listed on the link below for you to be able to download the DJI Mimo application and maximize the use of your DJI OM4. Thank you.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... bility_List_en4.pdf
2021-2-23
Use props
dav72
New

Germany

Hey DJI,

So I looked through the compat lists for both the OM3 and OM4.  I noticed the OM3 has not been updated for newer phones (e.g. iphone se2 which is on the OM4 list).

Is this compatibility just about software control?  I would think as a stabilizer/gimbal, all the OM models should work with ANY phone or camera as long as you can mount the camera to the gimbal so that it is balanced and the phone-presence sensor is activated.  Obviously software control of zoom, recording start/stop and things on the actual camera device will be dependent on software support (app on phone).  But seems the gimbal for stabilization should work fine with any balanced camera, correct?  You would need to then manually start/stop recording on the camera device itself.

I was considering buying an OM device but the compatibility thing makes me nervous.  I hate generating electronic waste and if I buy an OM device and then upgrade my phone to one that isn't supported I don't want the OM device to end up in a landfill (super irresponsible).

Maybe on the software control side of compatibility you could consider integrating with a generic camera app (e.g. OpenCamera on android) in order to provide broader software compatibility across a wide range of camera devices (any device that support opencamera) rather than needing to integrate your hardware controls with every various camera app (samsung, oneplus, huawei, xiaomi, etc).  This leaves device support up to OpenCamera to maintain rather than DJI.  You can still support the flagship devices native camera apps if you like but also supporting OpenCamera will give you much broader compatibility for users with older/newer devices that aren't on the list.

Then on the hardware/gimbal side of compatibility it is just about size/weight of the camera payload.  The lifetime of the device would be much longer which would be great.

Looking forward to your answer and any clarification you can give about compatibility.

I would have posted this as a new thread/question but apparently I don't have permission.
2021-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules