Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sky_makai
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3397539 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dear DJI Team,

Please provide a Firmware update, adding the ability to TIMECODE  sync or simply by pressing a reset  button.

Supporting timecode is a feature used by many professional cameras  to sync up footage from several cameras and drone in a single timeline  to make perfect edit und cut of videos in a quick manner possible.
In particular, Davinci Resolve relies upon Timecode when round-tripping from other NLE's like Final Cut Pro X and Premiere Pro.

Supporting Preset, User Bit or Free Run Code (by current time) would help.

Please add this feature to the Mavic 2 Pro and upcoming high res pro drones.

Kind Regards,
Sky Makai
www.skymakai.com

2021-2-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there sky_makai. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information. I will cascade and forward this thread to the designated DJI department for further attention. All significant suggestions or requests will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest updates on the DJI, please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you and please stay safe always.
2021-2-23
Use props
sky_makai
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-23 19:05
Hello there sky_makai. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information. I will cascade and forward this thread to the designated DJI department for further attention. All significant suggestions or requests will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest updates on the DJI, please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you and please stay safe always.

Thank you for submitting this request.  
2021-2-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

sky_makai Posted at 2-26 13:01

Hi there sky_makai.  You are very much welcome and if you have any other requests, inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help and support you. Thank you.
2021-3-1
Use props
sky_makai
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-1 03:45
Hi there sky_makai.  You are very much welcome and if you have any other requests, inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help and support you. Thank you.

Thank you.  Please bump this post again.  A reminder that users want timecode, at least a user set timecode or timecode based on time of day.
2021-3-26
Use props
breenstar
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3497 ft
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-23 19:05
Hello there sky_makai. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information. I will cascade and forward this thread to the designated DJI department for further attention. All significant suggestions or requests will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest updates on the DJI, please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you and please stay safe always.

So many requests for timecode and nothing done for years. DJI just ignoring the problem, I dont think they know what timecode is. Mavic 3 cine has 422 but no TOD timecode. Not designed for serious production, more weekend flyers unfortuantly.
2021-11-28
Use props
KerryG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

And how are you going to sync Timecode? It would need to have some kind of hardware to sync to a Timecode signal. Sure, you could add something with a manual setting, but that isn't even something I have seen on any other camera.
2021-11-28
Use props
breenstar
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3497 ft
Australia

KerryG Posted at 11-28 16:47
And how are you going to sync Timecode? It would need to have some kind of hardware to sync to a Timecode signal. Sure, you could add something with a manual setting, but that isn't even something I have seen on any other camera.

I dont think you understand how pro post production works. Timecode is needed in send project files to re sync footage from editor to production house and prod house to color grade suite. If there is no timecode edit programs will generally use the wrong shot. Also all feature based cine cameras are in in sync via tentacle boxes or other brands. Also if TOD is set with any amount of cameras from any locations using a digital slate they will stay in sync. Not all drone users are weekend youtubers....
2021-11-30
Use props
sky_makai
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

KerryG Posted at 11-28 16:47
And how are you going to sync Timecode? It would need to have some kind of hardware to sync to a Timecode signal. Sure, you could add something with a manual setting, but that isn't even something I have seen on any other camera.

Software like Resolve uses timecode to sync clips in a timeline.  Timecode can be set on cameras such as the A7S3.  It would be nice to have timecode metadata on the DJI video files, even if timecode is only set by local date and time on the remote.
2021-12-8
Use props
fans38c32091
New
Israel

KerryG Posted at 2021-11-28 16:47
And how are you going to sync Timecode? It would need to have some kind of hardware to sync to a Timecode signal. Sure, you could add something with a manual setting, but that isn't even something I have seen on any other camera.

GoPro with their own Labs firmware uses animated QR codes to precisely set the camera's timecode.
TentacleSync's free Timebar app can show an animated QR code.
This way it is possible to integrate GoPro cameras into professional production workflows.

The QR Code method is only a jam sync of course and each GoPro will drift a little.
But the drift is no problem when re-jam-syncing every once in a while.

DJI's software engineers are very smart if they can develop everything needed to operate a drone, they surely can figure out a way to let us professionals work with at least a jam-synced timecode embedded in the video files.
2022-6-3
Use props
sky_makai
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Again, please... add Time Of Day TIMECODE.
2022-11-16
Use props
Kostello
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2791916 ft
Australia

+100 for proper timecode for all DJI products. We use two Mavic Air 2 and edit footage in Davinci Resolve. The absence of timecode creates a massive issue with proxy files. Davinci can't link them correctly, meaning we have to relink proxy files to each drone clip manually. We have up to 50 drone clips per project and up to 10 projects per month. Just imagine the amount of time we waste. DJI, if you do pro-level equipment, please do it the right way.  
2022-11-20
Use props
WheelerFishing
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1082320 ft
  • >>>
United States

+100 for this. I film professional bass fishing events and there are ~20 other drone pilots at these events who would GREATLY benefit from this
2023-3-1
Use props
Philip83
New
Sweden

Yes, please. Time-of-day timecode should really be common place in any professional camera!
2023-5-20
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Philip83 Posted at 5-20 11:47
Yes, please. Time-of-day timecode should really be common place in any professional camera!

It is part of the numbering system, down to the second.
2023-5-20
Use props
sky_makai
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 5-20 11:59
It is part of the numbering system, down to the second.

The file numbering system?
2023-6-6
Use props
rccrazy30
lvl.2
Flight distance : 652841 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've been asking for this since the Phantom 4 days! Its nice to see its now a feature on the Inspire 3. I would like to see it be done so that something like the Atomos UltraSync BLUE could be used everytime the drone comes back into range it can re-jam.
2023-7-4
Use props
ronj
lvl.3
Flight distance : 208419 ft
United States

Interesting, I just posted the same request for the Mini 3 Pro.  Essentially, please support TimeCode exactly like you do in the OSMO Action 4 camera and we'll all be happy!!!
EDIT: Let me give a few more details so that you understand my "exactly like you do in the OSMO Action 4 camera".  The feature we all need is to use the GPS Time as the master clock, and the ability from the controller to set that clock as the free running timer for the timecode which would be stored in the video metadata.  That's it.  That would allow us to synchronize across other accurate clocks set in other devices (e.g. OSMO Action 4).

Don't get me wrong, it would be nice to also support attaching a time generator to the controller and have that accurate time be used for the clock instead, but that isn't necessary in my book as the clock in the drone is good enough.  Given the shorter flight times the drift shouldn't be too bad, certainly no more than a second for 30 minutes of footage.
2023-8-7
Use props
sky_makai
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Here, we're on the Mavic 3 "Pro", several generations since I've posted this request... and no update.
2023-10-4
Use props
digibud
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7820246 ft
  • >>>
United States

sky_makai Posted at 2021-2-26 13:01

Hate to break it to you but this has been screamed and kicked for like a 2 year old tantrum for literally years.  I'm confident they'll provide timecode...right after they provide an SDK for the Mavic, Avata, Mini and Air line.
2023-10-4
Use props
UserOS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 82182 ft
Russia

Add timecode.  At least via Bluetooth. Even Rode Wireless Pro already has it!
3-30 12:05
Use props
Gizmo6
lvl.3
Flight distance : 28140 ft
  • >>>
United States

sky_makai Posted at 2021-3-26 10:18
Thank you.  Please bump this post again.  A reminder that users want timecode, at least a user set timecode or timecode based on time of day.

Dear DJI,

By way of implementing a TIMECODE function, DJI would be supporting an industry media standard, and thereby providing product differentiator for both your user, and DJI.

Thanks to sky_makai for pointing this out.
3-30 13:05
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Gizmo6 Posted at 3-30 13:05
Dear DJI,

By way of implementing a TIMECODE function, DJI would be supporting an industry media standard, and thereby providing product differentiator for both your user, and DJI.

Hello there. We're sorry if this has been requested in the past but has not been implemented yet. We will continue to let such feedback reach the designated team for consideration. Your understanding is highly appreciated.
3-30 19:04
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules