1659 28 2021-2-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wilfried5719
lvl.3
Flight distance : 105285 ft
Portugal

Hello DJI,

I am very pleased with my Mini 2's basic character. However I have some annoying problems that I want to solve.

1- Most of the sessions the preflight check procedure is not showing in the app. Can this cause another problem (dependency) ?

2- As soon as I stop recording the screen is not updated anymore. My Alcatel 1S phone is only showing real camera view if and as long as I am recording (filming). If not pictures are taken but the screen is and remains dead. The screen is alive again as soon as I (re-)start filmrecording. And so on. Not filmrecording is always no live view.

3- The locking of the Quickshot subject does not (never) function. I can draw a green rectangular window but as soon as I lift my finger of the screen it dissapears. Never ever do I get the plus sign to accept it. This is not a matter of lighting, I tried this many times under all kinds of light conditions and with different clothes on.

4- The aircraft orientation indicator (mid down under in the app) is malfunctioning very often (if so then right from the start of a flight). It re-functions if I re-calibrate the compass and it's oke then. The next flight it is malfunctioning again. And so on. Is the compass calibration lost when changing the battery ? Or ?

5- The auto-takeoff does not function, nothing happens if I tap it. I don't prefer this system anyway but it might be an indication related to another problem.

Regards,
Wilfried

2021-2-23
Use props
Donut Michigan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42415 ft
United States

Auto take off you have to tap and hold for a few seconds then when it appears on screen you have to tap and hold until you get a complete circle.
2021-2-23
Use props
Donut Michigan
lvl.4
United States

Auto take off you have to tap and hold for a few seconds then when it appears on screen you have to tap and hold until you get a complete circle.
2021-2-23
Use props
Donut Michigan
lvl.4
United States

Auto take off you have to tap then when it appears on screen you have to tap and hold until you get a complete green circle and it will take off.
2021-2-23
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

Hi Wilfried,

a lot of the normal Fly app function doesn't seem to work with you. In the first place I would recommend to deinstall and reinstall the app on your phone.

It is also possible that your phone has some compatibility problems. If you have the option to try it with another brand of phone, if reinstalling doesn't work, I would give that a try.
2021-2-23
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

What app version are you on? Sounds like the older version is the AC indicator is at the bottom of the screen
2021-2-24
Use props
Wilfried5719
lvl.3
Portugal

Donut Michigan Posted at 2-23 19:33

Thanks, I will try that soon. Btw, do you mean a complete procedure or some auto-flight with "to get a complete circle" ?.
2021-2-24
Use props
Wilfried5719
lvl.3
Portugal

Donut Michigan Posted at 2-23 19:33
Auto take off you have to tap and hold for a few seconds then when it appears on screen you have to tap and hold until you get a complete circle.

Thanks, I will try that soon. Btw, do you mean a complete procedure or some auto-flight with "get a complete circle" ?.
2021-2-24
Use props
Wilfried5719
lvl.3
Portugal

TDZHDTV Posted at 2-24 00:20
What app version are you on? Sounds like the older version is the AC indicator is at the bottom of the screen

App = 1.2.1 and I installed it only about two weeks ago. In the playstore there is only one app if I search for "dji fly app mini 2". But since it is already installed at my phone one can not check the playstore for a newer version, it only offers "open". However, I checked on the web and there it says version = 1.2.4. So I will try to get that newer one and see what will happen. Thanks.
2021-2-24
Use props
Wilfried5719
lvl.3
Portugal

JohnDG Posted at 2-23 20:35
Hi Wilfried,

a lot of the normal Fly app function doesn't seem to work with you. In the first place I would recommend to deinstall and reinstall the app on your phone.

Thanks. Via another respons here I just found out online that the playstore has delivered me the old 1.2.1 app-version at my first start some two weeks ago. I will try to get the newest version 1.2.4 and then repeat my testing first. So I will post my new finding(s) here somewhat later.
2021-2-24
Use props
Wilfried5719
lvl.3
Portugal

What app version are you on? Sounds like the older version is the AC indicator is at the bottom of the screen

Thanks. I just found out online that the playstore has delivered me the old 1.2.1 app-version at my first start some two weeks ago. I will try to get the newest version 1.2.4 and then repeat my testing first. So I will post my new finding(s) here somewhat later.
2021-2-24
Use props
Wilfried5719
lvl.3
Portugal

Hi Wilfried,

a lot of the normal Fly app function doesn't seem to work with you. In the first place I would recommend to deinstall and reinstall the app on your phone.

Thanks. I just found out online that the playstore has delivered me the old 1.2.1 app-version at my first start some two weeks ago. I will try to get the newest version 1.2.4 and then repeat my testing first. So I will post my new finding(s) here somewhat later.
2021-2-24
Use props
Wilfried5719
lvl.3
Portugal

Hi Wilfried,

a lot of the normal Fly app function doesn't seem to work with you. In the first place I would recommend to deinstall and reinstall the app on your phone.

2021-2-24
Use props
Wilfried5719
lvl.3
Portugal

Hello DJI,

I found out that the google playstore had installed me the Fly app in version 1.2.1 (some two weeks ago and it still is version 1.2.1 there). After some discussion here I got the tip it should be version 1.2.4. However I noticed people are complaining about having problems with transmission with 1.2.4 and that would be disastrous ! With the 1.2.1 I "only" have minor problems but I am afraid to really loose my Mini 2 completely with 1.2.4.

- Why is (only) the old version in the playstore ? Is it because of problems with a newer version ?
- How to get a newer version when it is not in the playstore ?
2021-2-24
Use props
ting-ting
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5871467 ft
  • >>>
United States

There has been a tread and discussions on the fly app on the google playstore, and now it is recommended to download the app from dji. https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
Go there for the latest app version 1.2.4. Also see if your phone is compatible or on the list of Dji recommended devices.
2021-2-24
Use props
Ton Veenboer
New

Netherlands

ting-ting Posted at 2-24 03:43
There has been a tread and discussions on the fly app on the google playstore, and now it is recommended to download the app from dji. https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
Go there for the latest app version 1.2.4. Also see if your phone is compatible or on the list of Dji recommended devices.

I have also a question.

My Samsung Galaxy s21 is not compatible with the app for recording 4k. It only works with 24fps...
Is Dji working for a update?

2021-2-24
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

Ton Veenboer Posted at 2-24 04:02
I have also a question.

My Samsung Galaxy s21 is not compatible with the app for recording 4k. It only works with 24fps...

Somewhere else someone with a S21 also asked about updates. DJI said they are continually trying to add more devices, but did not specify if it will include this phone!
2021-2-24
Use props
Wilfried5719
lvl.3
Portugal

Update with Fly-1.2.4 :

1- "Most of the sessions I do not get the preflight check procedure". Not solved in Fly-1.2.1 and not solved in Fly-1.2.4.

2- "The screen at my phone is only showing real camera view if and as long as I am recording (filming)". Not solved in Fly-1.2.1 and not solved in Fly-1.2.4.

3- "In Quickshot mode the locking of the subject does not (never) function". Not solved in Fly-1.2.1 and not solved in Fly-1.2.4.

4- "The aircraft orientation indicator (mid down under in the app) is malfunctioning very often". Not in Fly-1.2.1 (red indicator) and in Fly-1.2.4 not even the red error indication is showing.

5- "The auto-takeoff does not function". Solved. However I have to Hold (not tap) the small takeoff button (at the left) already for about 1 second before the actual circle-hold-button shows up (in the middle). So the word "tap" was misleading me.
2021-2-25
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

Wilfried5719 Posted at 2-25 10:01
Update with Fly-1.2.4 :

1- "Most of the sessions I do not get the preflight check procedure". Not solved in Fly-1.2.1 and not solved in Fly-1.2.4.

#1) Unless you are in training mode you will not get any pre-flight procedure.
#2) could be a somewhat not compatible phone.
#3) Watch the training video for Quickshots Go to https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D766%26typeid%3D766 Scroll down to Quickshot tutorial.
#4) ?
2021-2-25
Use props
Wilfried5719
lvl.3
Portugal

Where can I DownLoad the Fly 1.2.1 APK ? It is for me the only version that I can fly with, so I want to store it myself offline. If DJI would update it in the appstore I could have the same problems as I have experienced when using Fly 1.2.4. Which would mean I would have to sell the Mini 2.
2021-3-6
Use props
LeChuck71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 68786 ft
Germany

Had the same problem a couple of minutes ago - the Play Store App is not the newest one

Got to https://www.dji.com/de/mini-2/downloads with your phone and download version 1.3.0 directly from the DJI web site - worked great for me

2021-3-6
Use props
Wilfried5719
lvl.3
Portugal

LeChuck71 Posted at 3-6 02:53
Had the same problem a couple of minutes ago - the Play Store App is not the newest one

Got to https://www.dji.com/de/mini-2/downloads with your phone and download version 1.3.0 directly from the DJI web site - worked great for me

Thanks. But this is exactly what I Do Not Want to try first now !
I can only use Fly 1.2.1 that was in the app-store (and that I do Not have as apk, so not offline). Then Fly 1.2.4 (that I Do have as apk, so offline) even caused me more manco's . If I now update my phone to Fly 1.3.0 and it is still more worse then 1.2.1 I am Lost since I can not reinstall 1.2.1 now.
So I am looking for the 1.2.1 APK to download. Only if I first have that one will I take the risc to test 1.3.0.
2021-3-6
Use props
LeChuck71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 68786 ft
Germany

Ah I see, well I guess you have to use something like APK Mirror to get the older 1.2.1 version of DJI Fly.
I just checked it and its available, but use it on your own risk.

Don't know if there is an official way to downgrade the app version
2021-3-6
Use props
Wilfried5719
lvl.3
Portugal

LeChuck71 Posted at 3-6 03:26
Ah I see, well I guess you have to use something like APK Mirror to get the older 1.2.1 version of DJI Fly.
I just checked it and its available, but use it on your own risk.

Thanks ! This APK-mirror is what I was looking for. I have downloaded all Fly's from the 1.2.0 on. Fly 1.2.1 is still in the app-store (now) so I can also get it there if needed.

However, (only) the 1.3.0 refused to be copied from my laptop to the apk-dir at the sdcard in my phone. The copie-info window started but then simply disappeared after 2 seconds and the 1.3.0 apk was not there. I then managed to get it into the maindirectory from where I could move it into that apk-dir.

I uninstalled 1.2.1 from my phone, restarted it and installed 1.2.1 from the local apk. But it says "Do you want to update this app?" and then you have no option to accept that or to cancel installing. I accepted, it installed well and it then turned out to (still) be Fly 1.2.1.

I have uninstalled 1.2.1 once more, restarted the phone and installed 1.3.0 from the local apk. I will go out testing it this afternoon and let you know.
2021-3-6
Use props
Wilfried5719
lvl.3
Portugal

Update

I tested Fly 1.3.0 but it brings me the same mancos as Fly 1.2.4 does (as I reported before, top) :

2- "The screen at my phone is only showing real camera view if and as long as I am recording (filming)".
3- "In Quickshot mode the locking of the subject does not (never) function".
4- "The aircraft orientation indicator (mid down under in the app) is not showing up".

I have downloaded the Fly 1.2.1 apk so I can stick to it as long as I want. There I at least have the aircraft orientation indicator functioning (showing up). So I end up with the Quickshots and the liveview not functioning.
2021-3-9
Use props
Wilfried5719
lvl.3
Portugal

What app version are you on? Sounds like the older version is the AC indicator is at the bottom of the screen

@TDZHDTV
Do I understand you correctly : "Sounds like the older version as the AC indicator is at the bottom of the screen".
Do you mean it is now officially somewhere else at the screen ? Not at my phone in Fly 1.2.4 and Fly 1.3.0. I only have it showing up in Fly 1.2.1 (at the bottom).
2021-3-9
Use props
Wilfried5719
lvl.3
Portugal

2021-3-9
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The best advice I can give you is to buy a second hand IPhone 6s Plus from eBay and all your issues will melt away these drones are far better with Apple devices and buying a second hand one that you keep for the drone alone is not too expensive and works flawlessly
2021-3-10
Use props
Wilfried5719
lvl.3
Portugal

Bigplumbs Posted at 3-10 00:17
The best advice I can give you is to buy a second hand IPhone 6s Plus from eBay and all your issues will melt away these drones are far better with Apple devices and buying a second hand one that you keep for the drone alone is not too expensive and works flawlessly

Thanks for your reply. Do you happen to know if the whole Dji combi works without a simcard ?
2021-3-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules