Using Activetrack to follow racehorses
666 0 2021-2-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dominicjames
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1445374 ft
United Kingdom

I have my Sony A7Riii on my RS2 with the RavenEye on my iPhone attached to the side of the gimbal and I'm using a 24-70mm GM f2.8 lens. I'm using the gimbal handheld.
I want to use Activetrack to keep a lock on a racehorse as it goes past on a training gallop.

When the horse is about 1/5th of the screen frame size, I drag a box around it (I have to move the gimbal a little while I do this as they are travelling around 20mph), it locks on (all green), but within a couple of seconds the gimbal starts to jump around left/right/up/down so much so it loses the subject (red box), the horse is about 1/2 of the screen in size now, then it loses it completely and points up.

I've looked online for more details on what Activetrack can do, what setup it needs to work, what settings to use but there is nothing out there! Has anyone got any experience using Activetrack to follow an animal?

DJI, am I expecting too much for this to work? Does the gimbal need to be stationary for this to work? Can we have more details on what Activetrack can do, can't do. Settings for different scenarios?

Thanks.

2021-2-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules