Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansec283f96
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2055846 ft
  • >>>
United States

Here's the story.

Crashed my Inspire 2 due to a controller battery issue. Sent it in and the only option was to do DJI Care Express. Got the new unit and noticed that the License that I bought wasn't showing up. DJI Service fixed that. Recently out on a shoot noticed that my license wasn't active. After two weeks of back a forth with DJI Support over email that the license wasn't transferred and that it was paired to the old unit and non-transferrable even though  it was technically a warranty job.

I had the CineDNG and Prores combo, but stopped unsing the CineDNG because of the space and extreme post workflow required and moved to only using the ProRes RAW and couldn't be happier. So when I go to purchase Just the Prores license and install it I notice I can't select Prores RAW at all but I can cycle the menu for CineDNG with a $ next to the frame sizes.

I complained to online support about this since no where does it specifically state you you need to buy the all licenses tier to get Prores RAW. In fact it's never mentioned anywhere in all of the places you purchase or compare license levels, even in the license manual that you need to buy the all license tier to get it.

WTF DJI?! Not only did you NOT mention that I needed to pay for another license when I used my express fresh service that I used my insurance to pay for when it was a battery failure due to your settings that crashed my drone. I now bought a new Prores license expecting Prores RAW since it's Apple products and I'm getting feedback from Support that I needed the top tier license that isn't stated anywhere that you need to get the CineDNG + Prores to get Prores RAW.

Let me guess, since I bought the Prores license, I can't get the upper tier license since the Prores is already bound to it and I'm going to have to buy another Inspire 2 to get what I want.

An Autel Evo 8k is looking like a great option so I don't need to deal with this BS.

I have an Atomos Ninja V for my Sony that I only needed to register the serial number to unlock the Prores RAW and the unit was only $600
2021-2-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules