2338 13 2021-2-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans07a1f5a8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13409 ft
United States

Hello all!

I have been very frusterated with the fact that all my video content has been shooting less than 4K on my mavic 2 Zoom. When I pull the videos and photos over to my computer(MAC), and look at the info section of resolution, its saying 1920x1088. Which is weird because i double check every time before I fly that it is set to 4K/24fps. Is there something Im missing here? And it does not look like 4K at all while watching the video.

Its not my SD card(SanDisk Extreme Plus 32G). I looked in other forums about the disk maybe being to low speed or something of that nature, but it seems I have the correct component.

Also, I have my SD card in my smart controller. Everything is set to go to SD card automatically, but also that does not happen either. That is a whole other topic in itself. It wont allow me to set SD as default in the controller settings menu on video seletion or Photo. It says(N/A next to both internal and SD). So I have to go to "file manager" and bring them from Internal storage over to SD folders. Also, It fills the Internal storage first then while flying(last time i flew), it popped up saying that it was switching to store in SD. This is all a mystery to me due to the fact i know what settings im using and it still does the opposite. It just should be much easier than this.

Please help! I do Real Estate shoots and need the best quality. Thats why I bought this drone.

-Bruce VF
2021-2-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, fans07a1f5a8. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern here. To assist you further, we'd like to know if you have a MicroSD card installed on the aircraft. If you do, please check the videos there and confirm whether they have a 1080p or 4k video resolution. You can also check the Internal Storage of the aircraft by connecting it to your computer via the provided communication cable.
2021-2-25
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just a few thoughts, Try resetting the camera settings from the app? I assume you are getting the SD card out of the DRONE to look at the videos that you say are not 4K.... not the card in the Smart controller? The best quality videos and images should be on the SD card in the drone or, if you didn't put a card in the drone, you will need to plug the drone into a computer to retrieve them from the drone's internal memory...What firmware levels are you at for both the drone and controller?
Have you tried "refreshing" the firmware through DJI Assistant since I assume you just bought the drone? As far as the smart controller not using the card, remove the card, clear all the cache and perform a "restore to factory settings" then put the card back in and there should be a "pop-up" when the card is installed to use it as the primary storage

2021-2-26
Use props
RoboBruce
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-25 23:25
Hi, fans07a1f5a8. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern here. To assist you further, we'd like to know if you have a MicroSD card installed on the aircraft. If you do, please check the videos there and confirm whether they have a 1080p or 4k video resolution. You can also check the Internal Storage of the aircraft by connecting it to your computer via the provided communication cable.

Hey! I have the smart controller, so I have been using the SD card slot on the controller. Are you saying I can’t pull 4K shots from the SD card while in the controller? I will try putting it in the drone itself to see if that changes anything. Thank you!

2021-2-26
Use props
RoboBruce
lvl.1
United States

jmb63 Posted at 2-26 04:41
Just a few thoughts, Try resetting the camera settings from the app? I assume you are getting the SD card out of the DRONE to look at the videos that you say are not 4K.... not the card in the Smart controller? The best quality videos and images should be on the SD card in the drone or, if you didn't put a card in the drone, you will need to plug the drone into a computer to retrieve them from the drone's internal memory...What firmware levels are you at for both the drone and controller?
Have you tried "refreshing" the firmware through DJI Assistant since I assume you just bought the drone? As far as the smart controller not using the card, remove the card, clear all the cache and perform a "restore to factory settings" then put the card back in and there should be a "pop-up" when the card is installed to use it as the primary storage

Hi. Yes I have already done a factory reset on the controller. I have been only using the SD card slot in the smart controller. Are you saying I can’t get the 4K images and videos from the controller? I will try putting the SD in the drone itself. I’m up to date on all firmware, both controller and drone. Thanks!
2021-2-26
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

RoboBruce Posted at 2-26 10:23
Hi. Yes I have already done a factory reset on the controller. I have been only using the SD card slot in the smart controller. Are you saying I can’t get the 4K images and videos from the controller? I will try putting the SD in the drone itself. I’m up to date on all firmware, both controller and drone. Thanks!

The DJI aircraft ONLY record full quality video and still images to the SD card in the aircraft. Also, if you are using a SanDisk Extreme Plus 32G, then it most likely will not be fast enough for 4K. the Plus series cards are on the borderline of being too slow, better to use the Extreme Pro series.
2021-2-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

RoboBruce Posted at 2-26 10:20
Hey! I have the smart controller, so I have been using the SD card slot on the controller. Are you saying I can’t pull 4K shots from the SD card while in the controller? I will try putting it in the drone itself to see if that changes anything. Thank you!

Hi, RoboBruce. The MicroSD slot only expands the controller's storage and it is still required for most usages to insert a MicroSD into the aircraft.
2021-2-27
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

RoboBruce Posted at 2-26 10:23
Hi. Yes I have already done a factory reset on the controller. I have been only using the SD card slot in the smart controller. Are you saying I can’t get the 4K images and videos from the controller? I will try putting the SD in the drone itself. I’m up to date on all firmware, both controller and drone. Thanks!

OK, I just did a little experiment to see if the 4K could be transferred from the drone to the Smart Controller (SC) even without an SD card in the drone.
Yes, it records to the internal memory of the drone and then it shows up in the gallery while still in the app.
Hitting the "green arrow" in the lower right area of the preview screen will download it to the SC with the proper 4K size (3840/2160). The downloaded 4K clip is in the dji.go.v4 folder in the DJI Album subfolder on either the SD card inserted in the SC or it's (the SC) internal memory....

It appears that your original concern is that the SC does not recognize an inserted SD card as it's storage?  Did you add any apps to the SC besides the DJI stuff?
Try a good Sandisk Extreme card first ( or at least some other card) and if it still doesn't recognize it, clear all the caches on the controller, clear the internal memory of anything not required ( there is a folder formed during the update for the SC that can be removed after the update as well as a few others that could be potentially affecting the storage) research and clear whatever you don't need...lots of info on this forum... do a "factory data reset" on the controller then either re-do/refresh the SC's firmware or update but do it through the DJI assistant program with the SC connected to the computer with a USB cable.
I believe that you have to correct the SC not able to "see" the SD card before anything else. Part of that is clearing it out and re-doing the firmware. Did the SC EVER see the sd card when inserted?
Have you had the drone/SC long? take it back and return for another?
2021-2-27
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Also, keep in mind that only H.264 4k videos can be transferred to the Smart Controller, not H.265...check which you are capturing with?
2021-2-27
Use props
RoboBruce
lvl.1
United States

Geebax Posted at 2-26 14:46
The DJI aircraft ONLY record full quality video and still images to the SD card in the aircraft. Also, if you are using a SanDisk Extreme Plus 32G, then it most likely will not be fast enough for 4K. the Plus series cards are on the borderline of being too slow, better to use the Extreme Pro series.

Thanks for the advice. I will upgrade the SD card then too.
2021-2-27
Use props
RoboBruce
lvl.1
United States

jmb63 Posted at 2-27 05:28
OK, I just did a little experiment to see if the 4K could be transferred from the drone to the Smart Controller (SC) even without an SD card in the drone.
Yes, it records to the internal memory of the drone and then it shows up in the gallery while still in the app.
Hitting the "green arrow" in the lower right area of the preview screen will download it to the SC with the proper 4K size (3840/2160). The downloaded 4K clip is in the dji.go.v4 folder in the DJI Album subfolder on either the SD card inserted in the SC or it's (the SC) internal memory....

Hey thanks for the comments. I got it figured out!

I put the SD  card in the drone itself. I was then able to select the SD card as default and it produced perfect 4K content! Also I did reset the controller and all. Everything seems to be working perfect now.

The work around you talked about, using the internal storage on the aircraft and then downloading to the SD card on the controller would be great in the case of forgetting to put the SD card in the drone.

I’m so happy I reached out here!
2021-2-27
Use props
RoboBruce
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-27 00:45
Hi, RoboBruce. The MicroSD slot only expands the controller's storage and it is still required for most usages to insert a MicroSD into the aircraft.

I put the SD  card in the drone itself. I was then able to select the SD card as default and it produced perfect 4K content! Also I did reset the controller and all. Everything seems to be working perfect now.
2021-2-27
Use props
RoboBruce
lvl.1
United States

jmb63 Posted at 2-27 12:02
Also, keep in mind that only H.264 4k videos can be transferred to the Smart Controller, not H.265...check which you are capturing with?

Got it! Thanks again!
2021-2-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

RoboBruce Posted at 2-27 12:15

Great and glad it was all sorted out!
2021-2-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules