not able to update firmware
3548 11 2021-2-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
txking
lvl.2
Flight distance : 650623 ft

United States

When using the DJI Assistant 2 I'm not able to check or download any firmware updates for my Phantom 4 pro. All I get is network error Retry.
I've disabled any firewall and still get the same message.

Is there a way to resolve this, or if nothing else manually download the firmware for updating it?

Thank you!
2021-2-25
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha txking,

Be sure you have the right version of Assistant 2 (it should be V2.0.10).  Delete the copy you have and then go to the P4 Pro (Version 1 or 2) page at the DJI web site (DJI.com)(you can find it in Support, Products).  Go to "downloads" and download the Assistant 2 version from the web page for your version of the P4 Pro (down toward the bottom).  Install this version on your computer.

Then use the USB cable provided by DJI when you purchased the P4 Pro.  (If needed, there is also an OTG adapter that connects with the full size USB cable and allows Micro USB at both ends of the cable.)  But usually you plug the full size USB into the computer and then the Micro USB into the Remote Controller or the P4 Pro, which ever one you are updating.

Be sure to have the Assistant 2 software up and running before you connect to the RC or P4 Pro.  You will get a GIF making a plug-in animation (which tells you to plug the Micro USB into the RC (or P4 Pro)), then, after turning on the RC (or P4 Pro), plug it in.

Hope this helps!  Take care and be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2021-2-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, txking. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. As already been mentioned by Cetacean, please ensure that you're running the current version of the DJI Assistant 2 for the Phantom 4 Pro. You can download the latest DJI Assistant 2 For Phantom here: https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... t-dji-2-for-phantom

If you're running the same issue, try connecting to different stable internet access before attempting to update again.
2021-2-25
Use props
txking
lvl.2

United States

I can connect to the phantom 4 fine. Been able to download the flight logs, do the calibration and all that ok. Still having issues with trying to get a firmware update though.

My main internet connection is stable and supports doing work from home call work. I'm able to log into my account on the DJI Assistant software ok as well. But in the effort of trying making sure it's not the issue I still tried on a separate internet connection and the results are the same. Tried a second computer all together just to see if that's the issue. Downloaded a fresh copy of DJI assistance on the second computer right from the DJI website. Tried to update the firmware and I get "Network error please retry" in the app. Even tried a different Phantom 4 pro, and I still get the network error message within the DJI assistant app when trying to update the firmware.

Not sure where to go from here.

2021-2-26
Use props
Apexpert
lvl.1

United States

I am having the same problem. Interested if you get it resolved.
2021-2-26
Use props
txking
lvl.2

United States

Hopefully they have some sort of solution as I have 2 drones that could use firmware updates and neither are doing it.
2021-3-2
Use props
Panhead55
lvl.2
Flight distance : 939144 ft
United States

I work for a DJI authorized dealer and I am working on a clients P4P and it is 2 firmware updates behind.  I am having the same problem FAILS UPDATE.  I deleted my Assistant 2 and reloaded an updated copy to make sure I was on the correct version 2.0.10 and the drone still fails update.  
2021-3-10
Use props
fans4c032d5d
lvl.2

United States

So this has been a couple months since I posted this. Has there been any updates please DJI? I would really like to be able to update my firmware for the drones I have
2021-5-31
Use props
txking
lvl.2

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-25 23:18
Hi, txking. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. As already been mentioned by Cetacean, please ensure that you're running the current version of the DJI Assistant 2 for the Phantom 4 Pro. You can download the latest DJI Assistant 2 For Phantom here: https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/assistant-dji-2-for-phantom

If you're running the same issue, try connecting to different stable internet access before attempting to update again.

This post was started in February. Has there by chance been any updates?
2021-6-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

txking Posted at 6-11 19:06
This post was started in February. Has there by chance been any updates?

Sorry, but we weren't notified about your previous response. Could you confirm if the issue only occurs when doing an update? If you're using a VPN during the time that you're attempting to update the firmware, we suggest temporarily disable it and see if that would help.
2021-6-13
Use props
txking
lvl.2

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 6-13 00:01
Sorry, but we weren't notified about your previous response. Could you confirm if the issue only occurs when doing an update? If you're using a VPN during the time that you're attempting to update the firmware, we suggest temporarily disable it and see if that would help.

I am not using a VPN. I've also used two different computers (my laptop and my desktop), as well as two different internet connections (my home cable internet, as well as tethering off my phone data) and nothing has resolved it.
2021-6-15
Use props
fans1a72e89d
lvl.2

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 6-13 00:01
Sorry, but we weren't notified about your previous response. Could you confirm if the issue only occurs when doing an update? If you're using a VPN during the time that you're attempting to update the firmware, we suggest temporarily disable it and see if that would help.

I responded back in june as you asked. This post was started in february. I'm still hoping to find an answer.

So far I've used three different computers, two different internet connections and nothing.

please this is 6 months later. do we have an ETA on this or at least some response?
2021-8-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules