How do you load Android APK 1.2.4?
7434 22 2021-2-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

I want to upgrade my mini 2 to 1.2.4 what is the procedure for gettting it from DJI onto the drone?
Thanks!
2021-2-25
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

I see the APK is for the Fly App not the drone, so I will try to load it to my phone!After downloading to my phone I tapped the icon for APK 1.2.4 it gave a warning message to becareful of side loading, accepted it. Update said data would be saved from original. updated all other firmware. Will test it out later today!
2021-2-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, videoeditman. Thanks for reaching out! If you're using an Android Device, you can download the latest version of the DJI Fly here: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
2021-2-25
Use props
Mhinc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 151467 ft
Canada

videoeditman Posted at 2-25 19:19
I see the APK is for the Fly App not the drone, so I will try to load it to my phone!

The APK is for the DJI Fly app.  You simply download it, and when prompted, install.  Your device will state that something along the lines of "This is not an authorized application and may cause harm do you wish to continue"
Only because it's side loading and not on the play store.  It's safe.  You can continue with the install
2021-2-25
Use props
ozoffi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 55128 ft
Austria

After the installation of the APP was successful, connect your Samrtphone to the remote, switch it on, then switch on the drone and after a successful connection in the APP select "Check for updates" - if a new firmware for the remote / drone is available, this is then loaded and installed.
2021-2-25
Use props
Robert20
lvl.4
Flight distance : 976798 ft
Netherlands

Mhinc Posted at 2-25 23:12
The APK is for the DJI Fly app.  You simply download it, and when prompted, install.  Your device will state that something along the lines of "This is not an authorized application and may cause harm do you wish to continue"
Only because it's side loading and not on the play store.  It's safe.  You can continue with the install

Is there any alert of the version (now 920-official) if not automatically updated?
2021-2-25
Use props
Mhinc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 151467 ft
Canada

Robert20 Posted at 2-25 23:26
Is there any alert of the version (now 920-official) if not automatically updated?

I am honestly not sure
2021-2-27
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Robert20 Posted at 2-25 23:26

if the settings in google play are correct, it will automatically install the latest version.
But not all countries will get the update at the same date, it can take some time.

I have this option disabled, want to have full control of app i want to update or not
Waiting too long, just install a downloaded APK for an app.
cheers
JJB
2021-2-27
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

Mhinc Posted at 2-27 00:06
I am honestly not sure

no it isn't. Checked today my version. 919. Tried to update thru the app. No update. So, downloaded and installed 920 manually.
2021-2-27
Use props
jscot
lvl.1

United States

I also want to upgrade my mini 2 to 1.2.4.
2021-9-15
Use props
George GR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2990653 ft
Greece

jscot Posted at 9-15 19:58
I also want to upgrade my mini 2 to 1.2.4.

1.2.4 here https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1Hjik2q2jVUAPFi6xCI8adVXBTUN8A3bd
2021-9-15
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 80646017 ft
Poland

If you want to downgrade the application, you must uninstall the current version first. When upgrading to a newer one, you only need to install a newer one. Only ios users can have trouble.
2021-9-15
Use props
djiuser_dRnksJLmju1V
New

Pakistan

i am also facing problem on apk. apptros.com/
2021-9-28
Use props
djiuser_K32SoKFyTYQB
New

Pakistan

need to fix updates here apkpuresafe.com
2021-10-23
Use props
djiuser_CFmNaeQkIIzc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 297552 ft
Jersey

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-25 23:06
Hi, videoeditman. Thanks for reaching out! If you're using an Android Device, you can download the latest version of the DJI Fly here: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly

Hello, I can download the file but cannot seem to open it. What app do I need in order to open it? I would be grateful for any assistance on this. At the moment it only gives me the option of opening with a couple of very random apps which have no relevance.
2021-12-23
Use props
WaterMaster
lvl.3
United States

djiuser_CFmNaeQkIIzc Posted at 12-23 23:57
Hello, I can download the file but cannot seem to open it. What app do I need in order to open it? I would be grateful for any assistance on this. At the moment it only gives me the option of opening with a couple of very random apps which have no relevance.

You have to enable side loading for the app, it depends on your phone and current version of Android how you do it. Use you file browser to locate the download and click on it to see what happens.
2021-12-24
Use props
romantaylor
lvl.1

Vietnam

Where can I download the update?
2022-4-19
Use props
userda0b7d4242
New
Flight distance : 24518 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2021-2-25 23:06

Why are the apps not being made available in the play store?
2022-10-21
Use props
djiuser_BbBsPq41glyE
New

United States

everyone can review the mods on Tech Loky web, I always use it because of its stable features and very fast speed
2022-10-31
Use props
leoa69
New

India

userda0b7d4242 Posted at 2022-10-21 06:00
Why are the apps not being made available in the play store?

Yes I also want to know that because I can't download it from anywhere else.
2023-7-24
Use props
MBSL500
lvl.4
United States

leoa69 Posted at 7-24 01:08
Yes I also want to know that because I can't download it from anywhere else.

Because the application is developed and written in communist China.
DJI's software does not meet Google's and Apple's safety / privacy criteria when installed on their customer's phones.
The fact that the Fly App HAS to be side loaded should be a big red flag to DJI customers.

I loaded the Fly app on a burner phone with absolutely nothing else installed.
No sim card...and I fly the drone in airplane mode only.
2023-7-24
Use props
theMan07
New

India

By default, Android devices only allow installation of apps from the Google Play Store. To install apps from other sources (such as APK files).you need to enable "Unknown Sources" in your device's settings.

Go to "Settings" on your Android device.
Navigate to "Security" or "Privacy," depending on your device.
Find the "Unknown Sources" option and enable it..
https://youtubevanced.org/

2023-8-24
Use props
travelmate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 414865 ft
Bulgaria

MBSL500 Posted at 7-24 09:03
Because the application is developed and written in communist China.
DJI's software does not meet Google's and Apple's safety / privacy criteria when installed on their customer's phones.
The fact that the Fly App HAS to be side loaded should be a big red flag to DJI customers.

Same here, Xiaomi redmi note 12 is like €100 and is a good drone remote 6,7" screen
2023-8-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules