New DM2 - glue specks on body
1078 5 2021-2-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tuxtard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9975610 ft
Serbia

I just got a new DM2, factory sealed and all. When I opened it I noticed these yellow specs on the body and battery compartment. I tried just wiping them out, but wasn't able to remove them. It seems like a glue, what else could it be? Some are on the battery connector as well. Should I return it to the store?
IMG_20210226_075731.jpg
2021-2-25
Use props
yogi053
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7956778 ft
United Kingdom

Yes, no doubt about it!
2021-2-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Return it to the store,  thats not normal.
2021-2-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Tuxtard. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. I would be best to contact the dealer where you have purchased the said DJI Mini 2 and have the said DJI replaced. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you.
2021-2-26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Don't take a chance.  Take it right back to the store.
2021-2-26
Use props
Tuxtard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9975610 ft
Serbia

Update:

Took it back to the store the next day. They refused to replace it, but instead sent it to the "official" service center. After 12 days I received the drone back with the following explanation:

Basically they've said that drone functions properly and that the yellow specs are from the flux used in the production and that it doesn't affect drone performance, so they will remove them. Here you can see results of their removal process:

They removed flux from the top of the battery compartment and metal part of the battery connector, but some is still left on the plastic part of the connector, drone body and rear legs. Also rear led indicator is now loose and is moving a bit if I touch it or tilt the drone, but it works. That tells me that they probably used heat gun or other heating procedure to remove the flux. I am still worried that the remaining flux from the connector will get loose in the summer and travel to the metal part of the connector which will result in complete power loss, but at least now that chance is slim. Other than these cosmetic issues, the drone works just fine.

This experience taught me to inspect the device right before I leave the store, which I will certainly do if I get another DJI drone.
2021-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules