Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ninja63
lvl.3
Flight distance : 359478 ft
United Kingdom

Ok so just this back from DJI China.

Thank you for contacting DJI.

The product team has decided to give up waypointMission due to chip ability and user usage. Later only enterprise product will have waypointMission feature.

Hopefully our solution can help you.
Kindly Regards,
DJI Developer Support

Sh---
2021-2-26
Use props
Niknik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Not even pro? Not in  mavic 3 pro? Very bad.very very bad
2021-2-26
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

I suppose this gives me a reason to keep my older drones and to continue their battery upkeep.  
2021-2-26
Use props
VanzPix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 229672 ft
France

Anyway it was on that there would be no waypoints, given the number of requests remain unanswered since the release of MA2.
Even though I doubt it has a connection with the chip... So we're going to wait litchi for MA2.
A wobbly strategy on the part of DJI to remove it from its future drones and leave it just for corporate products, which surely should not sell as well as large public drones.
2021-2-26
Use props
Ninja63
lvl.3
United Kingdom

VanzPix Posted at 2-26 11:39
Anyway it was on that there would be no waypoints, given the number of requests remain unanswered since the release of MA2.
Even though I doubt it has a connection with the chip... So we're going to wait litchi for MA2.
A wobbly strategy on the part of DJI to remove it from its future drones and leave it just for corporate products, which surely should not sell as well as large public drones.

ive been using dronelink very good but a lot to learn.
2021-2-26
Use props
Niknik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Ninja63 Posted at 2-26 11:57

Dronelink has waypoints and they work well but it is much more difficult to set
2021-2-26
Use props
JimDandy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144649 ft
United States

Ninja63 Posted at 2-26 11:57

With what release of dronelink? They only have a beta for the MA2, and they discontinued (dropped) the MA2 in the latest beta release? Just curious about the version you have and the operating platform (ios)  (android) ? Thanks.
2021-2-26
Use props
The Duck
lvl.4
United States

That's quite a shame.  And I just saw a video from Idaho Quadcopter demonstrating a $250 drone that has waypoint missions.

For DJI, I guess the money is in the enterprise market.
2021-2-26
Use props
Raf_IZ0QWM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1640843 ft
Italy

Yes, my Potensic D88 has the waypoints missions. Anyway it seems that the only way to use the waypoints is Dronelink.
Now only the Beta 137 works with the Mavic Air 2, we have to way some more to have a stable version.
2021-2-26
Use props
Ninja63
lvl.3
United Kingdom

JimDandy Posted at 2-26 14:45
With what release of dronelink? They only have a beta for the MA2, and they discontinued (dropped) the MA2 in the latest beta release? Just curious about the version you have and the operating platform (ios)  (android) ? Thanks.

i think this will answer your comment.i am using latest ios ipad mini 5th gen.
2021-2-27
Use props
vg1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1640367 ft
Poland

If what you said is true, then DJI deceived buyers by mentioning the use of the Waypoints function in AIR 2 advertising materials. This is unacceptable.
2021-2-27
Use props
Ninja63
lvl.3
United Kingdom

vg1 Posted at 2-27 11:25
If what you said is true, then DJI deceived buyers by mentioning the use of the Waypoints function in AIR 2 advertising materials. This is unacceptable.

i totally agree.the reply was copied and pasted direct from an email from DJI in china.
2021-2-28
Use props
JimDandy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144649 ft
United States

Ninja63 Posted at 2-27 06:53
[view_image]
i think this will answer your comment.i am using latest ios ipad mini 5th gen.

Thank you. Is this still a beta release? Or has DJI updated the MA2 sdk, so that the MA2 has full support in dronelink? I appreciate the feedback. Sorry to bother you on this forum, I could simply go to dronelink website and do my research. I had "Autopilot" from Hangar,  on my ipad air 2 for my mavic air 1 and mavic pro. LOVED it! This guy who is doing dronelink is the same guy who started autopilot. He's brilliant. Makes a great product. However I find it impossible to get an answers out of 'Autopilot" site, to see if they are going to include the MA2. No response to emails. what so ever. Like they just threw Autopilot in the toilet.
2021-2-28
Use props
Ninja63
lvl.3
United Kingdom

JimDandy Posted at 2-28 07:06
Thank you. Is this still a beta release? Or has DJI updated the MA2 sdk, so that the MA2 has full support in dronelink? I appreciate the feedback. Sorry to bother you on this forum, I could simply go to dronelink website and do my research. I had "Autopilot" from Hangar,  on my ipad air 2 for my mavic air 1 and mavic pro. LOVED it! This guy who is doing dronelink is the same guy who started autopilot. He's brilliant. Makes a great product. However I find it impossible to get an answers out of 'Autopilot" site, to see if they are going to include the MA2. No response to emails. what so ever. Like they just threw Autopilot in the toilet.

Still in beta ,worth having a play with it i reckon.
2021-2-28
Use props
Andy Uk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3985676 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Maybe because in some jurisdictions autonomous waypoint flying is not allowed without further pilot certification.  In Europe you can not fly autonomous waypoints under the new EASA Open Categories.  Fly by stick e.g. just like the thrid party apps that are using auto stick inputs to get to a WP are allowed because they can only work with the dorne in RC range so aren;t classed as full autonomus.
2021-3-1
Use props
MickeKling
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3144075 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

If only Enterprise drones will have Waypoints in the future, there will be no more DJI drone for me.
2021-3-13
Use props
Raf_IZ0QWM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1640843 ft
Italy

Andy Uk Posted at 3-1 01:41
Maybe because in some jurisdictions autonomous waypoint flying is not allowed without further pilot certification.  In Europe you can not fly autonomous waypoints under the new EASA Open Categories.  Fly by stick e.g. just like the thrid party apps that are using auto stick inputs to get to a WP are allowed because they can only work with the dorne in RC range so aren;t classed as full autonomus.

Hyperlapse makes the drone fly autonomously after you tell it where to go and they are waypoints.

The orbit also makes the drone fly autonomously after you tell it what to turn around.

It's exactly the same as waypoints, as you tell him which points to pass and he goes there.

2021-3-13
Use props
Northwood
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

If this is true, then I will never buy another DJI product again.

Companies who don't listen to their customers ultimately fail.
2021-3-13
Use props
Andy Uk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3985676 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Raf_IZ0QWM Posted at 3-13 09:51
Hyperlapse makes the drone fly autonomously after you tell it where to go and they are waypoints.

The orbit also makes the drone fly autonomously after you tell it what to turn around.

The difference with Orbit and Hyperlapse is the drone remains connected to the controller.  With Waypoints and some 3rd part software the drone doesn;t need that connection after launch and can even fly beyond the RF range without user input.
2021-3-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules