Not a good day - batteries and SD card
670 6 2021-2-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
spandit
lvl.4
Flight distance : 65463 ft

United Kingdom

I have (had) 3 batteries for my Mavic Pro and noticed today that 2 of them have swollen. They still hold some charge, it appears, but disinclined to use them.
Only noticed after having to come back in as the 3rd battery wasn't fully charged, having self-discharged in storage, to find that my SD card was corrupted and hasn't saved any pictures.

2021-2-26
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Double-ouch. DJI no longer sells those batteries but there are 3rd party options.
2021-2-26
Use props
spandit
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Ex Machina Posted at 2-26 11:05
Double-ouch. DJI no longer sells those batteries but there are 3rd party options.

I've seen the adaptors to take normal batteries (XT60?) - but looks like you add them in addition to a regular battery. Wondering if there is a way to hack a normal cheaper XT60 battery or similar onto the smart battery board?
2021-2-26
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
United States

spandit Posted at 2-26 11:22
I've seen the adaptors to take normal batteries (XT60?) - but looks like you add them in addition to a regular battery. Wondering if there is a way to hack a normal cheaper XT60 battery or similar onto the smart battery board?

Unsure about hacking possibilities, seems a bit risky? I was referring to this kind of thing: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JPCPXZQ/
2021-2-26
Use props
spandit
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Ex Machina Posted at 2-26 12:36
Unsure about hacking possibilities, seems a bit risky? I was referring to this kind of thing: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JPCPXZQ/

Yes, seen the aftermarket batteries, just seems a shame to chuck the casing and circuitry from inside mine, when it's just the cells at fault
2021-2-26
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
United States

spandit Posted at 2-26 13:48
Yes, seen the aftermarket batteries, just seems a shame to chuck the casing and circuitry from inside mine, when it's just the cells at fault

Gotcha. My understanding is that the  batteries go bad when the cases develop micro fractures that allow in moisture, so any DIY replacement would likely need to factor in a way to reseal the casing. FWIW.
2021-2-26
Use props
RenegadeCowboyAZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3600774 ft
United States

Wow that really sucks
2021-3-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules