Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Pilot: MA2 and Smart Controller!
286 3 2021-2-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nsk_nyc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 439452 ft
Honduras

Hello everyone,
I've been excited waiting for my MA2 SC to arrive, and I finally have it. I love to gather a lot of info before making a purchase.
So far I have 1.76h and 17.1km since the 23rd! Being held captive with this pandemic, this little machine is godsent. So far I'm loving
the experience. After joining the forum, I learned a lot about the dji products both good and bad. Its good to know what you may
encounter.

As a new pilot, I was wondering if there's any advice from seasoned pilots that would help newbies from losing/damaging the drone.I noticed of course that as the days go by, I get braver and braver going further out into the city. My house is on the very high part of the city
so from the third floor I can see over 15 stories buildings 'downtown', because of this I have a clear view of the drone flying. I understand
that one has to consider radio frequency, interference, and maintaining line of sight. I have read some sad stories of pilots losing their drones
due to batteries swelling causing shutdown, or perhaps some random esc error. Unfortunately when I bought my MA2 I didn't consider the
insurance, because I figured I would take safety precautions. Calibration checks, signal checks etc. I don't change modes during flights, and
I wouldn't use sport mode while flying very high. I'd very likely do sport and try speedy things in a grassy area. But after reading the stories,
I'm not sure if I should have opted in for the insurance. Can I still purchase the insurace? What types are there?

I'm sorry for the sloppy editing. I do hope its legible, understandable, and perhaps helpful for any other new pilot who finds this. Thanks for
taking the time to read.
2021-2-26
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

im not sure of the rules in your country but you can probably still purchase the insurance if you perform a few extra steps.

as you mentioned, you are a new pilot.  keep flying very often.  give it a few more weeks to a month and then see how you feel.  with the ma2, i'm sure you find it's performance to be exception and your major worries will quickly go away because this drone is smarter and sharper than everyone else.  instead you will be worried about pilot error or external forces like birds or the weather.

congrats on your new drone!
2021-2-26
Use props
nsk_nyc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 439452 ft
Honduras

The Saint Posted at 2-26 20:17
im not sure of the rules in your country but you can probably still purchase the insurance if you perform a few extra steps.

as you mentioned, you are a new pilot.  keep flying very often.  give it a few more weeks to a month and then see how you feel.  with the ma2, i'm sure you find it's performance to be exception and your major worries will quickly go away because this drone is smarter and sharper than everyone else.  instead you will be worried about pilot error or external forces like birds or the weather.

This is exactly what I want to read from others. Thank you.
You bring up birds, are they known to attack drones? Or is it about crashing into one? We have toucans, and wild parrots here. Whenever I fly very high its usually for awesome stills. I try not to disturb wild life.
I'll read up about bird photography and how close I can get without disturbing them (noise etc)

As for dji care, from what I read  it can only be purchased and applied on a new unactivated drone, or one that has been activated for less than 48 hours. What a shame.
2021-2-26
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

nsk_nyc Posted at 2-26 20:36
This is exactly what I want to read from others. Thank you.
You bring up birds, are they known to attack drones? Or is it about crashing into one? We have toucans, and wild parrots here. Whenever I fly very high its usually for awesome stills. I try not to disturb wild life.
I'll read up about bird photography and how close I can get without disturbing them (noise etc)

very unlikely a bird is going to collide with your drone.  it can happen for sure but i wouldn't worry much about it.  however, they will attack and they will confront your drone and for me, it happens all the time.  but they never make contact.  i've only seen a few cases where a drone was brought down by a bird but it gets brought up alot.

dji usa care refresh coverage, if your dji drone is in good shape and can pass a test, you can submit it for care refresh coverage after the 48 hour deadline.
2021-2-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules