Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Black Screen Issues (Mini 2 + DJI Fly app)
12Next >
16018 48 2021-2-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MSilver
lvl.1
United States

Have read several posts re. black screen issues. Had the same problem with my new JDI Mini 2. After several failed attempts trying this-that-and-the-other, I finally went to the Camera Settings and toggled the Overexposure Warning to ON. Problem solved. :-)

2021-2-26
Use props
BaliSkies
lvl.3

Australia

Absolute genius! Why didn't other people think of that!! So essentially, all those people complaining about their black screens actually just had their exposure levels too dark. I think they must be feeling pretty silly after reading how you simply resolved the issue, right? Unbelievable.
2021-2-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing. .
2021-2-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Glad you solved your black screen problem.  Thanks for sharing.
2021-2-27
Use props
MissHobart
New

United States

Toggling on this setting did not resolve the black screen issue being experienced by people with phones on Android 12, BTW.  Sidenote - I'm not sure why the Overexposure Warning setting isn't set on by default if it makes such a difference?
2021-11-6
Use props
Popeye1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 511722 ft

United Kingdom

Thanks for that information. I tried as you suggested, low and behold, didn’t make any difference. The App is not optimised for Android 12 by the looks of things. Or on certain phones. As a matter of interest, 1. what phone are you using?
2. What App version are you running?
3. If Android which version.
As this may help others who are having this issue, And it's not just a handful of people.
Thank you.

2021-11-12
Use props
MiniManiac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

Just a sidenote, if i start the app, then switch to my screen recorder and start that and then switch back to the app I get the black screen on my Samusng S9, im guessing the SR is grabbing the screen in some way, i have to start the SR before launching the app which then works fine.
2021-11-12
Use props
Popeye1
lvl.3

United Kingdom

MiniManiac Posted at 11-12 10:01
Just a sidenote, if i start the app, then switch to my screen recorder and start that and then switch back to the app I get the black screen on my Samusng S9, im guessing the SR is grabbing the screen in some way, i have to start the SR before launching the app which then works fine.

What version of Android are you running?
2021-11-12
Use props
ledamidrone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 85364 ft
Japan

Am having the issue, and reading this thread kind of understand this might be linked to my new phone: Pixel 6 Pro with Android 12... what a bummer
I noticed that, although the screen is black, the histogram shows changes when stuff are moving in front of the camera, so it really sounds like an application / phone level issue.
thanks for sharing the info. Assuming it's the issue, hopefully a new app will be available soon.
Is there any alternative in the time being (beside digging up an old phone somewhere...) ?
PS: just to confirm the issue, just tried with a Pixel 3 on Android 11, and everything was working fine.
2021-11-18
Use props
djiuser_IUS6QpTlKo5S
New

Australia

ledamidrone Posted at 11-18 00:31
Am having the issue, and reading this thread kind of understand this might be linked to my new phone: Pixel 6 Pro with Android 12... what a bummer
I noticed that, although the screen is black, the histogram shows changes when stuff are moving in front of the camera, so it really sounds like an application / phone level issue.
thanks for sharing the info. Assuming it's the issue, hopefully a new app will be available soon.

I have the same issue with my pixel 6 pro, did you get it fixed?
2021-11-18
Use props
Franked
lvl.1

United States

I have this problem too, my android version is version10, Samsung Galaxy S9 phone, changing that exposure setting does NOTHING. I can manually turn up the ISO number to the highest setting and kinda see, but it's still darker than it used to be, can't even fly it indoors anymore by screen, it's so dark, pictures are no good, why do I have this thing???
2021-11-18
Use props
JohnDG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

BaliSkies Posted at 2-26 19:47
Absolute genius! Why didn't other people think of that!! So essentially, all those people complaining about their black screens actually just had their exposure levels too dark. I think they must be feeling pretty silly after reading how you simply resolved the issue, right? Unbelievable.

A lot of problems have a simple sollution. Alot of people complain, only few find the solution. That's the importance of this forum.

MSilver. Good finding.
2021-11-18
Use props
JohnDG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

Franked Posted at 11-18 19:21
I have this problem too, my android version is version10, Samsung Galaxy S9 phone, changing that exposure setting does NOTHING. I can manually turn up the ISO number to the highest setting and kinda see, but it's still darker than it used to be, can't even fly it indoors anymore by screen, it's so dark, pictures are no good, why do I have this thing???

Could it be that you accidentally switched the camera into manual mode ?
You see something or totally black video feed ?

I had the black screen a couple of Fly versions ago, after taking a AEB serie and switching to video and back to photo again. Screen went totally dark, all countrols visible but no video feed from the drone. Got the drone in and restarted.
I'm on the latests firmware now, with Fly 1.5.1 and the problem didn't (luckily) appear anymore.
2021-11-18
Use props
Popeye1
lvl.3

United Kingdom

JohnDG Posted at 11-18 22:43
A lot of problems have a simple sollution. Alot of people complain, only few find the solution. That's the importance of this forum.

MSilver. Good finding.

If only it was that simple. Changing the exposure levels makes no difference what so ever. So not so much genius!! What works for one doesn’t necessarily work for all.. The app is incompatible with certain phones and software versions.
2021-11-18
Use props
Popeye1
lvl.3

United Kingdom

BaliSkies Posted at 2-26 19:47

I don’t think so.. this so called fix doesn’t work. So then it can’t be a fix
2021-11-18
Use props
Popeye1
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Could you please let us know, which phone you are using, software on the phone, as this may help a few people out. Not all!! The issue of the black screen is well documented in the forums
2021-11-19
Use props
djiuser_kR8hL4PVpIzN
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1385 ft

India

Just to add more information here. Everything was working fine on my S21 Ultra. After I received the update for Android 12 today, the live feed is black now. I am on latest version of the DJI Fly app, seems like it requires an update to fix this issue
PS - Tried resetting Camera settings and didn't work
2021-11-19
Use props
lordofthepings
lvl.1
Flight distance : 95633 ft
United Kingdom

I have the same issues, just changed from iPhone 12 to a Samsung S21 Ultra and now I can't use my drone!

The camera output is black....firmware up to date...DJI app version1.5.1.....Android version is 12

This isn't really good enough DJI. We need an urgent fix to this please...
2021-11-19
Use props
OkoSokolovo
New

Croatia

lordofthepings Posted at 11-19 03:13
I have the same issues, just changed from iPhone 12 to a Samsung S21 Ultra and now I can't use my drone!

The camera output is black....firmware up to date...DJI app version1.5.1.....Android version is 12
I have the same issue with S21 Ultra after the update to android 12
2021-11-20
Use props
djiuser_WnnOYgwnyptB
lvl.1

Germany

Black screen
Android 12 pixel 6 pro
1.5.1 DJI fly APP
No solution found yet.
2021-11-21
Use props
Edwin T
lvl.4
Flight distance : 567375 ft
Malaysia

djiuser_kR8hL4PVpIzN Posted at 11-19 02:23
Just to add more information here. Everything was working fine on my S21 Ultra. After I received the update for Android 12 today, the live feed is black now. I am on latest version of the DJI Fly app, seems like it requires an update to fix this issue

Same here, using S21 Ultra, after the update of Android 12 or UI 4 and now it's black screen, the pictures and video was still working fine ( I randomly take with black screen and saw the quality of both picture and video still good ). So it's very likely that the Fly apps itself require update or fix asap.

PS : I've done reinstall apps, clear cache, format SD and etc. Still same
2021-11-21
Use props
djiuser_g7fjUDtgRkDy
New

Philippines

Same here

Phone: s21 ultra
Aircraft: mini 2
Fly app version: 1.5.1

I just noticed that the live feed only works when you are recording a video. Hope this gets fixed.
2021-11-25
Use props
mxzfly
lvl.1

Germany

Just an additional Information:

If you turn on the histogram in the fly App you can clearly see that there is a signal.
The histogram is changing with the scene accordingly but the screen is still black.
2021-11-25
Use props
JayRohm
New

United States

Having the same issue here. Pixel 6 with Android 12 - black screen. Definitely still captures video, but I can't monitor it so most of the footage I took today is crap.
2021-11-27
Use props
Jotavaz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 104045 ft
Spain

Tengo una galaxy s21plus, actualizado ayer android 12. La aplicación se cierra al encender GPS. A veces funciona, pero si eres capaz de llegar a que la misma aplicación detecte el dron, la pantalla se ve negra. Me parece vergonzoso que un aparato de tantísimo dinero no se pueda usar por un fallo de la aplicación de la misma marca. De verdadera verguenza. Espero lo solucionen pronto
2021-11-27
Use props
Z_I_G_I
New

Poland

The same issue - black screen. It works perfectly fine on Galaxy S10, does not work on S21 Ultra with Android 12. Resetting, formating, exposure warning setting - do not work.
Histogram works fine. If I press a shutter, it takes a picture that I can see in the album.
Cannot play video already downloaded to the local storage hence I think it is a decoding problem in DJI Fly app rather than a communication issue between Mavic Air 2 and a remote controller.
We need a fix ASAP.
2021-11-28
Use props
djiuser_LoSpsXnOuL3b
New

United Kingdom

Same issue , android 12 and s21 ultra
2021-11-28
Use props
fans398f9cdb
lvl.2
United States

Same issue here. Pixel 6 Pro with Android 12. It's been month and still patiently waiting for an update to resolve the problem. Fortunately for me I have my trusty old Pixel 2XL that still works fine. I was originally planning on trading it in, but decided to hold on to it just because of this issue.
2021-11-28
Use props
djiuser_sfp6Qo4Oa5Ty
New

Colombia

djiuser_kR8hL4PVpIzN Posted at 11-19 02:23
Just to add more information here. Everything was working fine on my S21 Ultra. After I received the update for Android 12 today, the live feed is black now. I am on latest version of the DJI Fly app, seems like it requires an update to fix this issue

I have exactly the same problem. Everything was fine with my Galaxy s21 ultra on Android 11, after the upgrade to Android 12 I am having this black screen live feed problem. Just to be sure there is no problem with the drone, I connected my old phone (Galaxy Note 9, running Android 11) with the controller/app and the live feed was ok. I Hope a new version of the app would be released very soon in order to fix this issue.
2021-11-28
Use props
MCenteno
lvl.2
Portugal

I had buyed 2 days ago mini 2.
First try of fly in house worked fine.
Today, i only got black screen.
Record and photos work fine, just cant have live feed on my phone.
Can only use app 1 time, after that  app just shut off, have to reinstall it to work one more time.
I have samsung s21 ultra 5g
2021-11-29
Use props
red_canyon16
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23302795 ft
United States

MCenteno Posted at 11-29 12:40
I had buyed 2 days ago mini 2.
First try of fly in house worked fine.
Today, i only got black screen.

Have you tried updating the Fly app to 1.5.1 (2005)?

It seems to have fixed a few issues for others.
2021-11-29
Use props
MCenteno
lvl.2
Portugal

red_canyon16 Posted at 11-29 12:52
Have you tried updating the Fly app to 1.5.1 (2005)?

It seems to have fixed a few issues for others.

Once i start the app, it update itself.
The problem start after that update
2021-11-29
Use props
mrderrick
lvl.2
Flight distance : 124859 ft
Australia

Happy to report that the latest 1.5.1 (2025-official) version is now working with A12 on my S21U exynos. Haven't flown however the live feed is now showing and tried taking video and photo and appears to be working now (auto white balance values still an issue though!).

The DJI Fly app doesn't report a new version, you need to download it from the DJI site.
2021-11-30
Use props
JayRohm
New

United States

mrderrick Posted at 11-30 04:48
Happy to report that the latest 1.5.1 (2025-official) version is now working with A12 on my S21U exynos. Haven't flown however the live feed is now showing and tried taking video and photo and appears to be working now (auto white balance values still an issue though!).

The DJI Fly app doesn't report a new version, you need to download it from the DJI site.

Same here. Updated and now all works as it should.
2021-11-30
Use props
MCenteno
lvl.2
Portugal

Just updated by downloading the new app and after uninstall the old one, install the new one, update firmware, has now working but...
The camera starts to dark, but allready resolve that.
Still one problem.
I just can use one time the app, after that it just start and crash, have to do all the steps as the first time...
2021-11-30
Use props
MCenteno
lvl.2
Portugal

Hi.
Just to update my response in this thread, chek out mine it may help someone:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D556%26typeid%3D556
2021-12-28
Use props
ascensiorecta
New

Indonesia

I'm using an old android phone Redmi 4A. Have the same issue after updating firmware. I tried another app from google playstore: Rainbow. Then I got my screen back. I'm sorry dji fly I think this is goodbye.
2022-1-21
Use props
djiuser_P0ojTpR3LJun
New

United States

That didn't work for me.  Black screen started when I updated firmware.  Apparently new version has a bug.  I contacted DJI and they showed me how to go back to the previous version & everything is fine now.
2022-5-24
Use props
djiuser_Xc6Wayj0aHfg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 111644 ft
United States

I am currently going through the same issue with blank screen and there is no help online anywhere, nor on this site. All I've seen was it being a firmware issue, and no way to back track... did you ever find a solution? \
2022-5-26
Use props
Nickademous
lvl.1
Flight distance : 111644 ft
United States

Popeye1 Posted at 2021-11-19 00:08
Could you please let us know, which phone you are using, software on the phone, as this may help a few people out. Not all!! The issue of the black screen is well documented in the forums

As i said previously samsung s22 ultra
2022-5-30
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules