When will a new firmware for DJI Fpv (v1)? Ideas missing?
2729 14 2021-2-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JchgMad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3238 ft
Spain

It has always bothered me to hear from some "fatshark fan" that the DJI FPV was a product in an unfinished beta state, but although the product I do not think it is, we do have to admit that the firmware is not 100% functional and there are still many things to do

If the DJI FPV development team believes that no more can be added, or they have run out of ideas, they could fix it and add:

- The Warnings DO NOT WORK, that is something that should already be solved, it would be admissible in something called firmware in development, but not in a product launched in 2019 and that has not yet been solved
- Finalize the BetaFlight osd to 100%
-Try lowering the latency (to reduce criticism from Fatshark fans)
-Find a 70mb mode (if the 50Mb mode ends up making three R bands useless, why not finish eating them and use 70mb to try to improve quality and reduce latencies)
- Have an option to record the beta OSD on the DVR
- If the above is not possible, at least you should: Be able to choose what data is recorded in the subtitles (for example, to include longitude and latitude GPS data in them, and have a reference if the drone is lost)
- To be able to touch the DJI osd (by default) on the glasses, change positions or enable / disable options
- To be able to have an option to select modes for various Firmwares such as Inav.Beta.Emu. (not only BetaFlight, the options for example of the PIDs, should be functional for those firmwares and it is easy to correct)

Does anyone want to add any more ideas? seems like the DJI team needs Help

2021-2-27
Use props
mc54
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1030 ft

United States

Put up an end of flight summary screen showing statistical details on the OSD.   Make it stay up on the screen after you disarm.  Betaflight already does this.

Record the OSD on the DVR.  

More Mbps and less latency is always appreciated.

Refine the air unit's MMCX connection, it is a weak point.

Yes, put up the Betaflight warnings. Give us the FULL Betaflight OSD.

2021-2-27
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

1080p resolution! Yes, I know that'll require new hardware and latency would be a major issue. But the old DJI goggles have it and it's just amazing with my Mavic Pro 2. That'd be the next step I'd like to see .
2021-2-28
Use props
spikestabber
lvl.2
Canada

Plenty of annoying bugs too especially with spectator mode, no 50mbit spectator mode, annoying to change from 50 to 25mbit on 2nd pair of goggles to spectate unless you pair those goggles with the vtx, etc. Everything else that was said as well. Shouldn't take 20+ seconds to recover failed vtx signal either.
2021-2-28
Use props
JchgMad
lvl.3
Spain

¿¿¿¿¿ WHAT ??????
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=239618
2021-5-1
Use props
Bezik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 420646 ft
United Kingdom

I doubt we will ever see another update for v1
2021-5-1
Use props
Wiruz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 300548 ft
Sweden

Bezik Posted at 5-1 09:00
I doubt we will ever see another update for v1

Well there are still bugs and this was the last DJI googles i put my money on! I guess DJI want the V1 users to invest in the V2 instead. No more DJI for my part
2021-5-21
Use props
Bezik
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Wiruz Posted at 5-21 14:22
Well there are still bugs and this was the last DJI googles i put my money on! I guess DJI want the V1 users to invest in the V2 instead. No more DJI for my part

yeah it sucks, seems we were just paying beta testers for their FPV drone...at least caddx has carried on making the vista units, all but one of my quads are now running vistas
2021-5-22
Use props
dgrat
New

Germany

Are the OSD issues fixed in V2?
2021-5-22
Use props
Gigahurtz
lvl.2

United States

Have there been updates for the V2 goggles that add features not present on the V1 goggles?  Either way, would love to see DJI respond to their commitment to providing feature upgrades to the V1 crowd here.  I love my goggles and am still converting builds over from analog, but please do not abandon the community.
2021-5-23
Use props
Bezik
lvl.4
United Kingdom

"DJI is still making the FPV Goggles V2 and the remote controller for our customers in the FPV community. Due to supply issues for some components of the FPV Air Unit, DJI has worked with a partner to provide an alternative system of equal performance that works with the FPV Goggles V2 and remote controller. Customers can purchase the system around Mid-April. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused our customers. DJI will share an update on the alternative system availability soon." quoted from DJI, sounds like v1 wont be getting any more love, maybe a firmware patch to stop the hack working for video out but i wouldnt hold my breath for anything else
Caddx released the new batch of self branded vista units mid april so im guessing thats what they were talking about
2021-5-24
Use props
JchgMad
lvl.3
Spain

I've been listening for a long time,'' he works less than Tarzan's tailor'', now I would have to say,'' he works less than the DJIFPV developer''

2021-5-24
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I’m even starting to wonder if even the FPV drone is even going to get a firmware update. It’s going on 3 months since the first release and there’s nothing in sight. I haven’t even heard rumors of an update.

Maybe they’re pulling resources off FPV for the mavic Pro 3, or for updating the Air2 S or something. And just letting the FPV drone languish. Maybe it’s selling well enough that they have no incentive to fix it.
2021-5-25
Use props
Giammi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 847795 ft
Italy

My take is that we've been all beta testing stuff for the new FPV drone and now, that it came out, our job is done and we'll be soon forgotten by DJI. On top of this I'm not sure how well the sales are going with the DJI Drone. I'm concerned DJI will leave the FPV market that is too small for their targets. Better rely on the good old mavic style stuff for the business to grow.
2021-5-26
Use props
djiuser_zDIsGqr2cyPX
New

United States

How do you get the dji osd back after you put custom osd on and now just want the factory dji osd?
2021-9-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules