External Battery Charger - Only Charges One Battery at a Time
10231 31 2021-2-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alksion
lvl.1
United States

Hello, I have seen this posted before, but I have tried the suggestions, and nothing is working. I have a new Mavic Air 2 I bought from Best Buy. Awesome btw. When initially trying to charge all three batteries simultaneously on the external charger, I find only one battery would charge. When it finished, it went on to the next. I tried various configurations, pushing the power buttons, and ultimately tried draining them and then trying to no avail.
Can someone be so kind to tell me what I am doing wrong to have all three batteries charging simultaneously?
2021-2-27
Use props
Scott108
lvl.4
Flight distance : 314419 ft
United States

You aren't doing anything wrong.  The 3-battery "hub" only charges one at a time, sequentially -- that's how it is designed.   

From the DJI Store page about the hub:
"The battery charging hub enhances efficiency by charging batteries in sequence according to their remaining power level, with more fully-charged batteries receiving power first."

There are some third-party chargers that charge in parallel.
2021-2-27
Use props
Alksion
lvl.1
United States

Scott108 Posted at 2-27 10:46
You aren't doing anything wrong.  The 3-battery "hub" only charges one at a time, sequentially -- that's how it is designed.   

From the DJI Store page about the hub:

Oh wow! That's good to know. Kind of disappointing but I guess it would draw more wattage and need a bigger converter for that. I will have to look into the third party options. I am glad I wasn't doing anything wrong. There are threads where people claim they charge at the same time.
2021-2-27
Use props
vg1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1640367 ft
Poland

Buy such a charger, because you will not get anything better from DJI.
2021-2-27
Use props
Alksion
lvl.1
United States

vg1 Posted at 2-27 11:14
Buy such a charger, because you will not get anything better from DJI.

That little device for $40 works successfully and simultaneously charging all these pieces? Do you own one?
2021-2-27
Use props
vg1
lvl.4
Poland

Alksion Posted at 2-27 11:18
That little device for $40 works successfully and simultaneously charging all these pieces? Do you own one?

All loads simultaneously.
2021-2-27
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Alksion Posted at 2-27 11:18
That little device for $40 works successfully and simultaneously charging all these pieces? Do you own one?

I have the one referenced above and it charges all 6 devices at once (4 MA2 batteries, phone, and remote.)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... e?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2021-2-27
Use props
steve54321
lvl.1
United Kingdom

as the batter is the most important item attached to the MP2 am going to stick wit the DJI multi unit , I see no point it buying else where if am honest
2021-2-27
Use props
Alksion
lvl.1
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 2-27 11:29
I have the one referenced above and it charges all 6 devices at once (4 MA2 batteries, phone, and remote.)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08FLDLQV4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks for the Amazon link. It's hard to trust Amazon reviews these days but it does seem to work well. How do you like yours?
2021-2-27
Use props
Alksion
lvl.1
United States

steve54321 Posted at 2-27 11:55
as the batter is the most important item attached to the MP2 am going to stick wit the DJI multi unit , I see no point it buying else where if am honest

Hard to understand what you're saying but I believe you mean since the batteries are what keep the DJI in the air, you are too afraid of risking a 3rd party charging unit to charge your batteries?
2021-2-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

The charger GaryDoug lists in post 8 is also the one I bought and use.  You can charge RC, Mobile Device and 3 batteries in under 2 hours on the one listed in post 8, or you can use the DJI hub and take 5-6 hours.  
2021-2-27
Use props
Alksion
lvl.1
United States

Awesome I think I will get it and try it out. Total side question but how many batteries do you all own?
2021-2-27
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Three MA2 batteries, what came in the Fly more pack
2021-2-27
Use props
Alksion
lvl.1
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 2-27 12:48
Three MA2 batteries, what came in the Fly more pack

Good deal! Just checking if people felt they needed more for any reason. My wife and I are going camping in our jeep for spring break up the coast of California to Oregon.
2021-2-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Alksion. Thanks for reaching out and posting your inquiry. As already been answered, this is normal and the Mavic Air 2 Battery Charging Hub will charge the batteries one by one according to battery levels. The battery with the highest battery level (charge remaining) will be charged first.
2021-2-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Alksion Posted at 2-27 12:43
Awesome I think I will get it and try it out. Total side question but how many batteries do you all own?

5 for MA2.  When I go to remote sites I want to have plenty of batteries at my disposal.  Just my personal preference.  I do also have a small solar charger but it's slow and only good for one battery at a time.
2021-2-28
Use props
Alksion
lvl.1
United States

Thanks everyone. Glad to know this is the way it was designed. Appreciate everyone’s feedback.
2021-2-28
Use props
Rustic17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

You might like this one better...it will charge the batteries fully or partially for storing...and has a car adapter for charging on long trips.  https://www.amazon.com/Hanatora- ... 3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl
2021-2-28
Use props
Alksion
lvl.1
United States

Rustic17 Posted at 2-28 08:38
You might like this one better...it will charge the batteries fully or partially for storing...and has a car adapter for charging on long trips.[view_image]  https://www.amazon.com/Hanatora-Battery-Controller-Parallel-Charging/dp/B08J7M1MPL/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=mavic+air+2+battery+charger&qid=1614530387&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExUzVOT08yWk9WUVQ0JmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwOTg3MTY1VFY2OFFVWjYxWjVJJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTAxNzAxOTFINlZYUjY5SEg5MUwmd2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGYmYWN0aW9uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

That is nice! Thanks perfect for the camping trip.
2021-2-28
Use props
vg1
lvl.4
Poland

Alksion Posted at 2-27 12:43

Only 11 battery
2021-3-2
Use props
Savage3006
lvl.4
Flight distance : 156709 ft
United States

Alksion Posted at 2-27 12:13
Thanks for the Amazon link. It's hard to trust Amazon reviews these days but it does seem to work well. How do you like yours?

I tried that charger and had bad luck with it, ordered one from amazon hooked up my batteries and lost one battery. Contacted the seller and he sent me another one again lost another battery, so not using it anymore will stick to the DJI one so no more spending on batteries.
2021-3-3
Use props
RobZilla
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1057844 ft
  • >>>
United States

Savage3006 Posted at 3-3 15:08
I tried that charger and had bad luck with it, ordered one from amazon hooked up my batteries and lost one battery. Contacted the seller and he sent me another one again lost another battery, so not using it anymore will stick to the DJI one so no more spending on batteries.

Good to know. Out of curiosity, was it AC or DC? And do you recall which charging port number did this?
2021-3-3
Use props
Alksion
lvl.1
United States

I tried that charger and had bad luck with it, ordered one from amazon hooked up my batteries and lost one battery. Contacted the seller and he sent me another one again lost another battery, so not using it anymore will stick to the DJI one so no more spending on batteries.

Yeah thanks for letting me know about that.
2021-3-3
Use props
Rustic17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

I tried that charger and had bad luck with it, ordered one from amazon hooked up my batteries and lost one battery. Contacted the seller and he sent me another one again lost another battery, so not using it anymore will stick to the DJI one so no more spending on batteries.

Which charger did you have trouble with...the Yx or the Hanatora???
2021-3-4
Use props
DGCA3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 465062 ft
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 2-27 11:29
I have the one referenced above and it charges all 6 devices at once (4 MA2 batteries, phone, and remote.)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08FLDLQV4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And certainly better to buy from Amazon than from a site called Banggood.
2021-3-5
Use props
DGCA3
lvl.4
United States

I've had issues with cheap chargers screwing up batteries for other products I've owned. And the most they'll do is say they'll send you another charger, but that doesn't make up for the pricey batteries that died. It's almost always an overcharging situation. The cheap chargers just don't know when to stop charging.
2021-3-5
Use props
DGCA3
lvl.4
United States

Congrats on your purchase. I also bought mine at Best Buy.

As for the batteries, also keep in mind that they will drain faster than you might expect, even just sitting in your bag. There's nothing wrong with them, it's just the type of battery they are.
2021-3-5
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

DGCA3 Posted at 3-5 19:09
I've had issues with cheap chargers screwing up batteries for other products I've owned. And the most they'll do is say they'll send you another charger, but that doesn't make up for the pricey batteries that died. It's almost always an overcharging situation. The cheap chargers just don't know when to stop charging.

That's not a problem with DJI batteries, all the intelligence to control the charge is contained within the battery. The DJI 'charger' is just a dumb power supply.
2021-3-5
Use props
Savage3006
lvl.4
United States

RobZilla Posted at 3-3 17:40
Good to know. Out of curiosity, was it AC or DC? And do you recall which charging port number did this?

Sorry for the late response it was A/C.
2021-4-26
Use props
Savage3006
lvl.4
United States

Rustic17 Posted at 3-4 04:06
Which charger did you have trouble with...the Yx or the Hanatora???

YX again sorry for the late response.
2021-4-26
Use props
him7403
lvl.4
Flight distance : 374557 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-27 23:48
Hi, Alksion. Thanks for reaching out and posting your inquiry. As already been answered, this is normal and the Mavic Air 2 Battery Charging Hub will charge the batteries one by one according to battery levels. The battery with the highest battery level (charge remaining) will be charged first.

can you pass the request to dji engineers to make the charger charge all the batteries simultaneously? Charging 3 batteries one by one take like 3-6 hours..
2021-4-27
Use props
BKahuna
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7425909 ft
United States

The DJI battery charger is essentially useless.  I asked them why they do it in serial and they said it's more efficient - which it isn't.  I don't carry it with me anymore because it doesn't fit well in the FlyMore bag.  It's easiest to buy a third party one or just connect one battery at a time.
2021-4-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules