Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ammpexx
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1879495 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hi all,

I recently upgraded from the Mavic minito the Mini2 and though it almost has everything, I missed in the MM, there is one new feature that really bothers me: the automatic enhancement of image quality. This is a nice feature, no doubt, but it should be optional.
In combination with the automatic download of files when the drone is on close poximity this is really flodding my phone's galery.

(Which is even worse, due to not being able to switch to an external SD card, which I pointed out here without really getting an answer from DJI: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=232021 )

So now this app is atuomatically downloading basically all the images I shoot and is even duplicating them with enhanced image quality. So after a nice flight that produced a handful of final shots, I have to scroll through doulbe the images that I have taken.

Am I missing the options for switching off automatic image enhancement and automatic download? Is this bothering anyone else?

2021-2-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Ammpexx. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. We appreciate your feedback regarding the Enhanced Photo function of the DJI Fly. Currently, this feature cannot be turned off or disabled but we'll forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for the DJI Fly and the DJI Mavic Mini/Mini 2.
2021-2-28
Use props
djiuser_XvozCEOwz1yv
New

Belarus

This feature is super useless and annoying.
2021-5-6
Use props
noshky
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26791 ft
Germany

Hello, the enhancement feature is not only undesired in cases, it also has the following major problem (as I'm currently discussing in https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=257380):

When "enhanced" photos are exported to the iPhone photos, they don't have EXIF data and GNSS location. Only when enhancements are off for particular photos, EXIF&GNSS is exported. The problem with that is, that when we want to export already downloaded photos to iOS photos, they'll always be enhanced. Also, when we use the "Sync Downloaded Files to Phone Album" option, enhancements will be applied.

Summarizing: The automatic enhancement feature breaks EXIF&GNSS!

I really think this should be fixed. Preferably include EXIF&GNSS also in enhanced photos, and also make the enhancing optional.
2022-1-3
Use props
Ammpexx
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Gamora Posted at 2021-2-28 05:35
Hi, Ammpexx. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. We appreciate your feedback regarding the Enhanced Photo function of the DJI Fly. Currently, this feature cannot be turned off or disabled but we'll forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for the DJI Fly and the DJI Mavic Mini/Mini 2.

Hi, any news on that? This "feature" really, really annoys me, especially together with the automatic download of all images, that also cannot be turned off!!
So basically when I keep shooting during a flight, I have every single image on my phone storage... twice!
2022-5-29
Use props
djiuser_BnUyYNHziDk7
New

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2021-2-28 05:35
Hi, Ammpexx. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. We appreciate your feedback regarding the Enhanced Photo function of the DJI Fly. Currently, this feature cannot be turned off or disabled but we'll forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for the DJI Fly and the DJI Mavic Mini/Mini 2.

Man it’s been over a year since you posted this and I’m still experiencing problems with this in June of 2022. The filter is absolutely useless and takes up my time as I have to turn it off for each individual picture and then go back and delete all the ones that are over concentrated because of the filter. Honestly making me want to return my drone and get something else because this is just not working for me.
2022-6-16
Use props
djiuser_6PrElhK01nf4
New

Czechia

Hi, thanks for this thread. I’ve got same problem in July 2022.
Downloading every single photo one by one to get exif and GPS info and must turn enhancing off is really annoying…
I’m adding two screenshots. One is with enhancing, one without but with GPS location
2022-7-17
Use props
djiuser_SOsMqwiQcCmS
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2835 ft
Canada

I'm having the same issue/complaint. Super unimpressed. So DJI's expected performance of what is sold as a high quality piece if kit is that for all photos you carefully frame, adjust for exposure etc. are then "adjusted" (for the worse in all cases) and their exif and location data removed by default? What gives? 1 year later and no update?
2022-7-18
Use props
Ammpexx
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

djiuser_SOsMqwiQcCmS Posted at 7-18 07:11
I'm having the same issue/complaint. Super unimpressed. So DJI's expected performance of what is sold as a high quality piece if kit is that for all photos you carefully frame, adjust for exposure etc. are then "adjusted" (for the worse in all cases) and their exif and location data removed by default? What gives? 1 year later and no update?

Hi guys,

thanks for replying! I just upvoted all your replies so maybe spome algorithm stumbles across this unsolved thread even over one year after opening...
These are my thoughts exactly: you carefully set up the picture so that some automatic "enhancement" can undo all your settings.
If I want filters and post production, I do it myself. And if the target group of the mini-series likes this feature, as it is mostly only a hobby drone and you don't want to remove it... please! at least allow us to switch it off.
2022-7-19
Use props
djiuser_DBEU2rvleYL8
lvl.2

Netherlands

Switch it of!!!
At the time I need automatic photo enhancement I will be 95 !
2022-7-21
Use props
djiuser_SOsMqwiQcCmS
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2835 ft
Canada

Since the latest version of the fly app 1.7.0 its even worse! Now any photo taken is loaded into your phone's photos area with the enhancements automatically applied. If you try to de-select them you just get an error stating "File downloaded to mobile device. Unable to modify effects." The ONLY way to turn off this gross contrasty insta__ style is to go re-download the images from the SD card.

Come on DJI. Listen to your customers?
2022-9-21
Use props
pacau
New

Brazil

Please DJI, put and option to disable auto photo enhancement, its not aways a good enhacement and IT LOSES EXIF DATA, I need photo locations for profeesional use and photo enhancement make it disapear
2022-12-8
Use props
cinderhill
New

Germany

April 2023...wasted a couple of hours trying to fix the problem...just bought this DJI RC and it doesn't take even photos, all it does is repeatedly  'enhancing image quality'!.  Haven't been able to take a single photo! What a piece of junk!
2023-4-12
Use props
nuclear7
New
Flight distance : 1030 ft
Brazil

Just found out why my photos look different after I download them. What botter me the most is the added lens distortion, no way in hell that's lens correction!
Anyway, make sure to select JPEG+RAW, they don't screw the raw image.
Its a DNG format, pretty old should be editable easily by many software, windows 7+ included. Edit those, and have fun.
2023-4-17
Use props
djiuser_C8ItEydctYFe
New

United States

Turn off autosync.
2023-6-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules