DJI Fly Maps vs. Kitty Hawk/B4UFLY
894 3 2021-2-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TampaJoe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 210020 ft
United States

First post, forgive any typos or transgressions of forum conventions, but:  I want to ensure I am always flying within FAA guidelines.  Initially, I thought the maps in DJI Fly, including Restricted Zones around airports and the limited altitude zones further out on approach corridors, represented FAA-addressed space authoritatively.  So:  Honoring DJI Fly guidance would keep me on the safe side of the law.  But I recently started looking at other mapping services (e.g. B4UFLY) and sites, and (a) they all seem to agree, but (b) they don't line up with the DJI Fly maps.  The circular restricted zones around airports are larger in B4UFLY than they are in DJI Fly, but they also don't have the limited-altitude guidance on the approach corridors further out that DJI Fly has.  If I never want to hear the words "You can't fly that here" or "You can't fly that high here", which should I honor, B4UFLY or DJI Fly, or the combination of the two (only where both sets of maps say it's OK)?  Really hoping DJI Fly is "good enough", as it is super-convenient to reference before and during flight...

Any guidance appreciated.  Spent an hour researching this last night and couldn't find anything really relevant, much less authoritative.
2021-2-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there TampaJoe. Good day and thank you for these information you have given. You may try checking this link where to fly your DJI Drone on your area ( https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map ). Thank you.
2021-2-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You'll here "You can't fly that here"  at some point even if you are legally flying,  people often have the wrong facts.
2021-3-1
Use props
Ruzhye
Second Officer
Flight distance : 795640 ft
United States

I believe B4UFly is the approved FAA app, so I would put more stock in their mapping than in the DJI version.
2021-3-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules