Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
USB-C side connector wobbly?
609 4 2021-2-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MikkyX
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi,
New Pocket 2 owner here, loving the camera but have a query. The USB-C side connector that came with it seems very wobbly when connected to my Moto G Pro. Holding the two devices together isn't easy and the slightest wobble seems to break the connection. I got through the activation process more through luck than anything else, I think - but trying to transfer clips off the device or use my phone as a controller is difficult to impossible.

This means I almost always end up connecting via the lower USB-C port which it meant to be used for charging. Not the ideal way to try and film two handed on it.

Have I got a duff connector at either the phone or camera end, or is the wobble a fairly common experience given the weight of a phone on the side of a small device like the P2?
2021-2-28
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I've always used a holder that clamps the two together (eg by PGYTech).  Holding a phone by its connector seems.... counter-intuitive.  I'm assuming you don't have a case on the phone which would make matters worse.
2021-2-28
Use props
MikkyX
lvl.1
United Kingdom

fansfe82067d Posted at 2-28 13:12
I've always used a holder that clamps the two together (eg by PGYTech).  Holding a phone by its connector seems.... counter-intuitive.  I'm assuming you don't have a case on the phone which would make matters worse.

I do have a case on my phone but I've tried taking it off and it doesn't make any real difference. I've been looking into the clamps, seen a few on Amazon, but given DJI expect you to use this connection to activate the phone I would've hoped it could be a little more reliable out of the box, so wanted to make sure I didn't have a dud dongle.
2021-2-28
Use props
John Walker
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Tight fit on both my Pocket and Pocket 2 but I always use a PGYTech holder to be on the safe side.  Rock solid connection with the PGYTech holder.  Suspect it's your camera's USB socket at fault.
2021-2-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there MikkyX. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. You may try using the DJI Pocket 2 Phone Clip on your DJI Pocket 2 to hold the mobile device. The DJI Pocket 2 Phone Clip provides stable connection to smartphones, and 1/4'' thread and cold shoe for expanded shooting options. Thank you.

2021-2-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules