646 5 2021-2-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Marius_LTU
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1885056 ft
Lithuania

Hey,
Still learning to pilot my new MA2 drone. Today had a strange drone behaviour and don't understand what I did wrong.
Before the flight I checked Fly app settings: Max altitude was set to 120m, Auto RTH altitude was set to 86m. I flew about 140m from the home point in CINE mode, altitude was 81m.
Then I pressed RTH button, the drone turned around and started to get back. At some point I switched to Normal mode. The strange thing was, that it started ascending automatically more than it was set. Soon I got a warning, that max altitude (120m) reached. So I used the remote controller to descend (manually) a bit and the drone returned home.

I have uploaded my flight log:
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/WM7KTFF5RY19R50WDVOO

Maybe someone could help me to understand the root cause of such behaviour? I would be really helpful.

Thank you!
2021-2-28
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

If during a RTH an obstacle is seen, MA2 will stop and climb, than fly forward back home  again. Another obstabcle and climb....ect etc.
So the forward sensor does see an obstacle, wich is a false reading. Mayby sun reflections in the lens or something else wich disturbs the forward sensor.

But in your flight, at13sec,  the msg " Lighting environment too dark. Vision System unavailable. Fly with caution"
So vision system unavailable and in RTH it uses the forward sensor....uhh, not sure but somehow this had effect on the RTH/ ( a full shining moon?  ;-) )

If this happens and you are in full control, just cancel RTH and fly home manually.

See your data in my chart.

cheers
JJB

analysis1.png
2021-2-28
Use props
Marius_LTU
lvl.3
Lithuania

Thank you, JJB!
It was twilight, the sun was already down. I think I got some notification about the lightning environment (too dark) before the flight. Could it be the reason?
2021-2-28
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Temperature at ground level in the upper 30's F, what about at 80+ meters? Humidity at 87%. Condensation on the sensor again?
2021-2-28
Use props
Marius_LTU
lvl.3
Lithuania

Here is the video, how RTH looked like (from the moment I pressed RTH button to the moment, when I descended manually).
2021-2-28
Use props
Marius_LTU
lvl.3
Lithuania

GaryDoug Posted at 2-28 12:34
Temperature at ground level in the upper 30's F, what about at 80+ meters? Humidity at 87%. Condensation on the sensor again?

To be honest I have no idea.
But I believe it was not lower than 10F (as it is specified as the lowest operating temperature)
2021-2-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules