Cannot connect to Bluetooth
2867 9 2021-2-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Merlin Flyer
lvl.1
United States

Have been around the globe searching and still am unable to connect my Osmo Pocket to my Iphone 7 via Bluetooth. Latest IOS and Osmo firmware, rebooted, reset, turned off wifi, turned on airplane mode, etc. etc. and still will not connect. Adapter is solid red, no trouble connecting via the lightning adapter and can actually connect with wifi although the connection is terrible as in if I get more that a foot away from the Pocket, it loses connection.

I really need to be able to connect via Bluetooth. Anyone, please!

Many thanks
2021-2-28
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

Didn't think it was designed to function through bluetooth.
2021-2-28
Use props
Merlin Flyer
lvl.1
United States

This is copied from the DJI store webpage:

"The Wireless Module provides Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connection between Osmo Pocket and your mobile device to support seamless remote control and make shooting more flexible. It also serves as a base to set Osmo Pocket on level surfaces. You can also charge Osmo Pocket via the USB-C port."
2021-2-28
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

Merlin Flyer Posted at 2-28 16:37

"The Wireless Module provides Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connection between Osmo Pocket and your mobile device to support seamless remote control and make shooting more flexible. It also serves as a base to set Osmo Pocket on level surfaces. You can also charge Osmo Pocket via the USB-C port."

It doesn't specify which functions are supported by which technology.  
2021-2-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Merlin Flyer. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. The mobile phone is connected to the Osmo Pocket Wireless Module via Wi-Fi. Adding a Bluetooth connection only skips the need to enter a Wi-Fi password, helping to enhance the user experience.
2021-2-28
Use props
Merlin Flyer
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-28 22:55
Hi, Merlin Flyer. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. The mobile phone is connected to the Osmo Pocket Wireless Module via Wi-Fi. Adding a Bluetooth connection only skips the need to enter a Wi-Fi password, helping to enhance the user experience.

I understand but the wifi connection is terribly unstable. Unless the Pocket and my Iphone are almost touching each other, it constantly disconnects. Also, I've never had to enter a password to connect to wifi and my phone displays a "weak security" warning for the Pocket wifi connection. If I have BT turned off on my phone, the Mimo app pops up a screen that says "Enable BT on your mobile device". It's all a bit confusing for me.
2021-3-1
Use props
Andy Uk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3985676 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Merlin Flyer Posted at 2-28 16:37

"The Wireless Module provides Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connection between Osmo Pocket and your mobile device to support seamless remote control and make shooting more flexible. It also serves as a base to set Osmo Pocket on level surfaces. You can also charge Osmo Pocket via the USB-C port."

The bluetooth connection it to simply share wifi credentials between the devices.  Bluetooth is not capable of mainatining a connection suitable for video streaming from camera to phone.  When you turning on your devices all that happens is your phone looks for the Pocket's Bluetooth signal, when it sees that it connects and shares the wifi credentials allowing your phone and pocket to establish a wifi connection.  That's it
2021-3-1
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Merlin Flyer Posted at 3-1 01:06
I understand but the wifi connection is terribly unstable. Unless the Pocket and my Iphone are almost touching each other, it constantly disconnects. Also, I've never had to enter a password to connect to wifi and my phone displays a "weak security" warning for the Pocket wifi connection. If I have BT turned off on my phone, the Mimo app pops up a screen that says "Enable BT on your mobile device". It's all a bit confusing for me.

Please check the Auto-Join or Auto-reconnect option under your Wi-Fi Settings and disable it. This will allow your phone to have a fixed connection to the Wireless Module even when another wireless network that offers internet access is available.
2021-3-1
Use props
Merlin Flyer
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-1 02:44
Please check the Auto-Join or Auto-reconnect option under your Wi-Fi Settings and disable it. This will allow your phone to have a fixed connection to the Wireless Module even when another wireless network that offers internet access is available.

Thanks all for your help, I finally figured it out. Switched the Pocket from 2.4 GHz to 5.8 GHz and now it all works well. Didn't think my older phone supported 5.8 but turns out it does and switching to it solved my problems.
2021-3-1
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Merlin Flyer Posted at 3-1 06:58
Thanks all for your help, I finally figured it out. Switched the Pocket from 2.4 GHz to 5.8 GHz and now it all works well. Didn't think my older phone supported 5.8 but turns out it does and switching to it solved my problems.

Glad that it was all sorted out. Should you have further concerns, please let us know.
2021-3-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules