7656 34 2021-3-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Denemem
lvl.2
Flight distance : 164751 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

I purchased my mini 2 fly more combo 3 days ago on the 26th of February, my 4Th DJI drone.
I already have the Spark, mini 1 and the Air 2.
When I tried to remove the battery that was in it when I unboxed, I had a lot of problems because it stuck.
The other two batteries slide in and out without a problem.
Even when I try to put this battery back in, I have to really push it down.
How can I contact DJI for this?

2021-3-1
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there, we are sorry for bringing you this unpleasure experience on the DJI Mini 2. Could you please send us any video regarding to the issue by email to support@dji.com, we will help to follow up.
Thanks
2021-3-1
Use props
Denemem
lvl.2
  • >>>
Belgium

DJI Wanda Posted at 3-1 02:00
Hello there, we are sorry for bringing you this unpleasure experience on the DJI Mini 2. Could you please send us any video regarding to the issue by email to , we will help to follow up.
Thanks

Hello, I send you a video of me handling the batteries
2021-3-1
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there, could you please tell us where did you sent the video to? We just checked our email system and did not find the record from your email address. You can also send the video here on forum, our product team will help to check, thanks.
2021-3-2
Use props
Denemem
lvl.2
  • >>>
Belgium

DJI Wanda Posted at 3-2 01:21
Hello there, could you please tell us where did you sent the video to? We just checked our email system and did not find the record from your email address. You can also send the video here on forum, our product team will help to check, thanks.

Hello,
Hopefully you can access the video on youtube.
Kind regards
2021-3-2
Use props
Denemem
lvl.2
  • >>>
Belgium

Meanwhile I got a UPS label from DJI and send back the battery.
2021-3-9
Use props
Donut Michigan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42415 ft
United States

Look closely.is that battery swollen.
2021-3-9
Use props
Blithe74
lvl.3
Flight distance : 254367 ft
Russia

Donut Michigan Posted at 3-9 11:18
Look closely.is that battery swollen.

What's the point? On the video shows that the battery does not get into the compartment. It means is size the battery is greater than necessary. And no matter the defect is the hulls or the cells are swollen. The battery need replace.
2021-3-10
Use props
Donut Michigan
lvl.4
United States

Blithe74 Posted at 3-10 02:45
What's the point? On the video shows that the battery does not get into the compartment. It means is size the battery is greater than necessary. And no matter the defect is the hulls or the cells are swollen. The battery need replace.

Because it will tell you if it is swollen and could explode. That is why they sell special bags for charging.
Telling us if it is swollen just helps  people here.
2021-3-10
Use props
Donut Michigan
lvl.4
United States

I have seen where one Mini 2 had melted threw the outside by the battery compartment. I’m guessing a bad battery and was charged while in the mini 2.
I ill never charge a battery in the mini. A charging block is much cheaper to replace.
2021-3-11
Use props
Denemem
lvl.2
  • >>>
Belgium

Donut Michigan Posted at 3-10 13:21
Because it will tell you if it is swollen and could explode. That is why they sell special bags for charging.
Telling us if it is swollen just helps  people here.
The battery just looked the same as the 2 others. On the outside no crackes or signs of swelling. Probely it got a pre-charge in the factory, because it came out very difficult. I fully charged it in the charger and not in the drone before upgrade and flight.
I got a mail from DJI telling that a replacement battery was send to me.
2021-3-11
Use props
Donut Michigan
lvl.4
United States

Denemem Posted at 3-11 14:19
The battery just looked the same as the 2 others. On the outside no crackes or signs of swelling. Probely it got a pre-charge in the factory, because it came out very difficult. I fully charged it in the charger and not in the drone before upgrade and flight.
I got a mail from DJI telling that a replacement battery was send to me.

That sounds good. I’d take the time to take som calipers to see why it’s sticking.
Thank You.
2021-3-11
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's usually best to find the root cause, so it isn't as likely to occur again. Measuring the battery makes good sense.
2021-3-11
Use props
Denemem
lvl.2
  • >>>
Belgium

GaryDoug Posted at 3-11 19:55
It's usually best to find the root cause, so it isn't as likely to occur again. Measuring the battery makes good sense.

Never thought about that. It’s good practice when you have battery problems.
2021-3-11
Use props
Andy Uk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3985676 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Denemem Posted at 3-2 02:23
Hello,
Hopefully you can access the video on youtube.
Kind regards

Swollen Lipo, probably don't send it back.  It needs to be safely disposed of once DJI agree to a replacement.  Don't keep it in the house though it could combust if it is swollen.
2021-3-12
Use props
djiuser_qDtHRmYS17pe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 48622 ft
Canada

Hi! I have the same issue as mentioned above.

Received my Mini 2 Fly More Combo. The battery in the drone is hard to remove/insert, while the 2 batteries that came separately are sliding fine.

I also noticed the 2 batteries have different label compared to the one in the drone...

Is it normal? Was my battery swollen during the shipment? Did the drone cause my battery to swell during shipment?

Thanks
2021-7-29
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Was it just the video or is it darker in colour?
2021-7-29
Use props
Denemem
lvl.2
  • >>>
Belgium

Hi, there was no difference in colour, just in size.
2021-7-30
Use props
Denemem
lvl.2
  • >>>
Belgium

Bashy Posted at 7-29 22:40
Was it just the video or is it darker in colour?

Hi, there was no difference in colour just in size
2021-7-30
Use props
gothi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 31263 ft
United Kingdom

Denemem Posted at 7-30 22:21
Hi, there was no difference in colour just in size

Thanks for posting this, all 3 of the batteries I got with my Fly More combo exhibit similar tightness when inserting them into the drone and are mildly difficult to remove.  I just assumed that it was tight to help keep the battery secure, especially as they slide into the charging station perfectly with no sticking.  

Can't help but wonder if it's a manufacturing tolerance issue on the drone itself rather than 3 bad batteries.
Edit: Took mine back to the shop and got a replacement, batteries were empty out the box but slide in easily now so very happy.

2021-7-31
Use props
Ara_
lvl.1
Flight distance : 48622 ft
Canada

djiuser_qDtHRmYS17pe Posted at 7-29 19:37
Hi! I have the same issue as mentioned above.

Received my Mini 2 Fly More Combo. The battery in the drone is hard to remove/insert, while the 2 batteries that came separately are sliding fine.

Hi DJI, what's the solution?
2021-8-5
Use props
bdemir
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1536227 ft
Turkey

I recorded the below video for DJI technical service in Turkey,  sorry for this. Battery 3 was in drone, battery 2 and 1 were in charger hub when I bought it (mini 2 fly combo pack). I have always kept all batteries at 60% when I do not use for short or long time. The battery 3 gets stuck while attaching and exiting the drone, it doesn't slide out easily. After the flight, this process becomes more difficult.

I sent the battery 3 to DJI service Turkey last week when I saw this article. now, I am waiting solution / explanation.

2021-8-21
Use props
Denemem
lvl.2
  • >>>
Belgium

bdemir Posted at 8-21 10:44
I recorded the below video for DJI technical service in Turkey,  sorry for this. Battery 3 was in drone, battery 2 and 1 were in charger hub when I bought it (mini 2 fly combo pack). I have always kept all batteries at 60% when I do not use for short or long time. The battery 3 gets stuck while attaching and exiting the drone, it doesn't slide out easily. After the flight, this process becomes more difficult.

I sent the battery 3 to DJI service Turkey last week when I saw this article. now, I am waiting solution / explanation.

Hi, my battery was replaced by DJI. I think the problem here is that one battery is placed in the drone when packed for selling. A golden rule: 'never let a battery in the drone after use'. DJI also adapted the software because, in the charger, the battery did not discharge automatically. I wonder if it's discharging when you leave a battery in the drone.
2021-8-21
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have 1 battery thats a little bit stiffer in and out of the ac, where the others free fall, this other one does not,
I see no bloating that I can tell so I am just going to monitor it...
2021-8-21
Use props
usernamealready
lvl.1

United States

Ive had my mini for 4 weeks got it in the air 6 or 7 times wasnt satisfied with a half hour of flight at a time so i ordered another battery . When i received the new one i found out i did not have what it would take to charge it outside the drone so that was disappointing . Then when i tried to get the one battery i used up to that point out of the drone i couldnt budge it i watched videos tried to do the same thing they showed and it just wont come out and im just about ready to write off having a drone and take a suggestion from Head East.
2021-11-1
Use props
Pinarek
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41191 ft

Germany

Did you also have the battery of this idiot from Slovakia rebuilt?

I also had such a battery converted by the fraudster for 50 euros. He has installed 2 cells from a Mavic Air in it,
which then comes to 3500 mA. And it is also very difficult for me to charge them in the triple charging station because the
contacts are not 100% in the correct position.

The idiot has a website here

https: //trbwiki.patboonlab.co/en/Prices/Mini2-3500mAh
2021-11-1
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

How hard can it be to grind the battery cover a few fractions of an inch if you're troubled by this?
2021-11-1
Use props
Pinarek
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41191 ft

Germany

It has nothing to do with the battery cover at all! This fool simply moved the contact circuit board too far, i.e.
not built it together precisely. That is the reason, there is nothing to grind off the battery cover.

We are not stupid either and we already know how to help, but in that case it is not possible to open this shrink tube,
adjust the circuit board again correctly and then weld it again with new shrink tube.

If I already pay 50 euros plus shipping, I ask for precise work. But it's not far from me here in Germany to Slovakia,
he lives near Bratislava (I know his home address) I won't pay him a friendship visit to these idiots one day.
2021-11-1
Use props
Deppoldshasser
New

Spain

Hi, I have the same Issue with one of the three batteries from the Mini 2 Combo pack. How can i apply for a replacement/is there a contact at DJI regarding a replacement for the faulty battery?
2022-4-13
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Deppoldshasser Posted at 4-13 05:22
Hi, I have the same Issue with one of the three batteries from the Mini 2 Combo pack. How can i apply for a replacement/is there a contact at DJI regarding a replacement for the faulty battery?

How long have you had the drone?
2022-4-13
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

DJI Wanda Posted at 2021-3-1 02:00
Hello there, we are sorry for bringing you this unpleasure experience on the DJI Mini 2. Could you please send us any video regarding to the issue by email to , we will help to follow up.
Thanks

DJI Wanda, as a grownup you are yet perfectly incapable of imagining a battery stuck in a drone?
You really need a VIDEO for this? Please explain that in words and not in a stupid video!
2022-4-13
Use props
Deppoldshasser
New

Spain

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 4-13 07:05
How long have you had the drone?

Since just before christmas 2021. I can send a video of the difference in thickness of the the battery, which can be observed in the strong resistance, that occurs when inserting it over the swollen centre/middle part of the battery (compared to the two working ones) . I would not want to fully insert it though, as it is close to impossible to get out, without considerable force.
2022-4-13
Use props
Deppoldshasser
New

Spain

Deppoldshasser Posted at 4-13 07:17
Since just before christmas 2021. I can send a video of the difference in thickness of the the battery, which can be observed in the strong resistance, that occurs when inserting it over the swollen centre/middle part of the battery (compared to the two working ones) . I would not want to fully insert it though, as it is close to impossible to get out, without considerable force.

Do I need to send a request for replacement through the website or by the email from earlier in the thread?
2022-4-13
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Johnny_J Posted at 4-13 07:11
DJI Wanda, as a grownup you are yet perfectly incapable of imagining a battery stuck in a drone?
You really need a VIDEO for this? Please explain that in words and not in a stupid video!

Hi, Johnny_J. We are sorry for any misleading and confusion. A video contains lots of information that can not be described or has not been described in words, which helps us recognize the issue and the cause of the issue. In this case, we want to figure out why the battery is stuck rather than whether the battery is stuck from the video. Furthermore, after we check the video, the instructions given by us vary with the battery issues we judged from the video. Thanks for your understanding and support.
2022-4-14
Use props
Landey
lvl.4
Germany

There had been a battery swelling problem with Samsung's Note 4 some years ago. Making more room for the battery by grinding away material does not solve the problem, makes it even worse and increases the danger.
If you encounter batteries with such an issue, you may try a simple means for determining if the one is swollen: Lay a mirror flat on the ground, put the battery on the mirror and try to rotate the battery by giving it a solid nudge with your fingers. If the one in question rotates noticeable better than the others, you got a swollen one.
This is no solid and reliable indicator, but helps detecting faulty pieces if the changes are too subtle to be seen with your eyes.
2022-4-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules