Transfer to PC options
8439 8 2021-3-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sitalk
lvl.1
Italy

Is turning on the Pocket 2, connecting the USB-C cable and confirming on screen the only way to transfer files to a PC?
This process is a bit bothersome for who like me transfers the videos every single day (due to the nature of my video project).
Not to mention the gimbal powers on and the Pocket 2 can't be on the table without reorienting the head.

It would be massively useful to have at least an option that once enabled can make it so the the data transfer mode starts without having to turn on the device before that, so that you can simply plug the USB-C cable without taking out the Pocket 2 from the case even.

2021-3-1
Use props
Aavalaakso
lvl.4
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Why not use SD card reader? insanely faster too..
2021-3-1
Use props
sitalk
lvl.1
Italy

Yeah but doing this more than once a day it's a nice way to test out how much stress the SD slot spring can take.
And it's tedious as well, even if a little less.

2021-3-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there sitalk. Good day and thank you for these information you have given. As posted above it would be best to use a SD card reader to transfer your captured photos and filmed videos to your PC. Thank you.
2021-3-1
Use props
sitalk
lvl.1
Italy

I wish I had wrote on my first post "apart from using my SD card reader and popping out the SD card thousands of times a year".
Using the USB-C cable in my case is far more practical, I don't need speed because I copy a bunch of brief videos each day, and if the data transfer process wasn't like it is now it would be as simple as just connecting my cable and copy my files.
I even 3d printed a stand for the Pocket2 to raise the head when it's connected but it's hardly a convenient solution.

2021-3-2
Use props
Loxford
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-1 19:31
Hello there sitalk. Good day and thank you for these information you have given. As posted above it would be best to use a SD card reader to transfer your captured photos and filmed videos to your PC. Thank you.

HI,
I have just purchased the Pocket 2, it's amazing, I think, except I haven't been able to view the results in my video editor.
I am unable to connect with my Mac Pro via the cable. It'll tell me it's in the state of charging and to remove the lightning adapter. Once I've done that there is no further options to connect and no icon on the computer's desktop.

I agree entirely with sitalk, I do not want to use a card reader it is not easy, in fact fiddly removing the tiny card, I would suggest the card itself and the contacts will suffer after heavy use.
Similarly I am transferring several times a day, my Sony A7sii plugs into the USB and it's up and running straight away. The computer should access the card within the camera, a slow speed shouldn't be necessary but so be it, that's definitely the method for me.
Can you advise why I'm not able to achieve a connection?
Many thanks.
2021-3-7
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

Having the ability to transfer pictures and videos wirelessly from Pocket 2 to PC would be very useful, and probably give people more incentive to get the Do-it-all handle. And generally speaking, having the ability to connect to PC for general usage other than just using it as an SD card reader (the gimbal movement issue when using just for file transfer is a bit of a bother really), for instance remote controlling the gimbal and using it as a webcam, would be a really nice addition, and I could definetely see pro setup uses for this scenario (as a journalist, for example).
2021-3-8
Use props
sitalk
lvl.1
Italy

HGDC84 Posted at 3-8 10:30
Having the ability to transfer pictures and videos wirelessly from Pocket 2 to PC would be very useful, and probably give people more incentive to get the Do-it-all handle. And generally speaking, having the ability to connect to PC for general usage other than just using it as an SD card reader (the gimbal movement issue when using just for file transfer is a bit of a bother really), for instance remote controlling the gimbal and using it as a webcam, would be a really nice addition, and I could definetely see pro setup uses for this scenario (as a journalist, for example).

Absolutely agree with you, especially about the wi-fi module. If it was capable to do file transfers it would be a no brainer buy for me.

I really hope in the future firmware updates they at least do something about the fact that the gimbal powers on just for a cable file trasfer.

2021-3-8
Use props
Loxford
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi Guys

Here's someone who's managed to do it, although I think this is the pocket 1.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSRSMO25aDI

I have tried every way. The nearest I've got is when plugged into USB the pocket states it is "Charging, remove the lightning connector". In this case nothing occurs.
I hooked up with the DJI live chat help and the person made a lot of suggestions, clearly they thought it should work, but couldn't solve it.
Suggested I buy another cable! I've just bought the camera, it comes with a cable, it's brand new!

I've heard good things about "Academy" on the DJI Mimo App. That's another brick wall.
Both my iphone XS and ipad pro show "download failed".
Is the "Academy" really instructive, helpful?
2021-3-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules