Is Mini 2 not compatible with iPhone SE?
5929 11 2021-3-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansa54db90e
lvl.1
United States

I have a Mini 2 and the remote doesn't seem to sync with my app and the drone. Support said it's because my iPhone SE isn't compatible with the Mini 2 but this site (https://cultofdrone.com/dji-fly-compatible-device/#list) shows that it is. I know that's not from this official page... but has anyone else had this problem? I initially hooked everything up fine, then after two flights the remote is refusing to link up to the app? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. I had a lot of issues with support dropping my calls and to be honest, I'm not 100% satified that I got a correct answer on this. I dont want to have to switch to another brand or model if I dont have to, because I did a lot of research on the Mini 2 and was really pleased with it.
2021-3-1
Use props
RenegadeCowboyAZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3600774 ft
United States

Have you tried signing out and back into your account
2021-3-1
Use props
fansa54db90e
lvl.1
United States

RenegadeCowboyAZ Posted at 3-1 10:25
Have you tried signing out and back into your account

Just tried that. Still having the same issue.
2021-3-1
Use props
fansa54db90e
lvl.1
United States

fansa54db90e Posted at 3-1 10:31
Just tried that. Still having the same issue.

It wont take me past the "remote controller set up and power on" screen through the app. If I click on Camera View there's a red error at the top that say "RC not connected"
2021-3-1
Use props
RenegadeCowboyAZ
lvl.4
United States

fansa54db90e Posted at 3-1 10:33
It wont take me past the "remote controller set up and power on" screen through the app. If I click on Camera View there's a red error at the top that say "RC not connected"

Sorry to hear that ...You have everything updated as well right
2021-3-1
Use props
Curtistalls
lvl.1
United States

RenegadeCowboyAZ Posted at 3-1 13:04
Sorry to hear that ...You have everything updated as well right

Yeah I do. I deleted and redownloaded the app and my iOS is up to date. Dunno. I think I'm gonna return and get another, see if it happens again.
2021-3-1
Use props
RenegadeCowboyAZ
lvl.4
United States

Curtistalls Posted at 3-1 13:06
Yeah I do. I deleted and redownloaded the app and my iOS is up to date. Dunno. I think I'm gonna return and get another, see if it happens again.

Sorry to hear that friend ...I hope somehow you get it figured out
2021-3-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, fansa54db90e. Thanks for reaching out and posting your concern. Our apologies for the inconvenience that it has caused. Unfortunately, the iPhone SE isn't listed in our current compatible devices but if you have not tried, we suggest removing the RC Cable on both ends then wait for 10 seconds before reconnecting it and see whether that might work. You can also restart your iOS device while it is connected via RC Cable to the already powered remote then check if the connection can be established. Should the same problem persists, it is suggested to test it with another iOS device to further confirm whether this is a compatibility issue or there's a problem with your RC Cable.
2021-3-3
Use props
MDJ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 85646 ft
United Kingdom

Do you have a new iPhone SE (released last year) or one of the original ones.  I'd be really surprised if the 2020 iPhone SE wasn't supported.  I thought generally the factor for iPhones was which iOS was being run, not a specific hardware factor.
2021-3-4
Use props
Curtistalls
lvl.1
United States

MDJ Posted at 3-4 01:58
Do you have a new iPhone SE (released last year) or one of the original ones.  I'd be really surprised if the 2020 iPhone SE wasn't supported.  I thought generally the factor for iPhones was which iOS was being run, not a specific hardware factor.

Yeah the phone is newer I believe (was a replacement phone sent to me about 4 months ago from AT&T). I sent back the Mini 2 and received another one, so far, so good. I flew it for about an hour yesterday with no issues. Keeping my fingers crossed that it was just a one off issue.
2021-3-4
Use props
fansb3ad3e9a
New

United States

I had the exact same issue with my iPhone SE, but I realized I was plugging into the wrong port. You don’t plug it into the bottom of the remote, you plug it into the port that is directly underneath where the phone is mounted. It was a little frustrating as there were no instructions about this to my knowledge. After I plugged it into that port everything worked perfectly. Hope it helps!
2022-3-4
Use props
Elgin Ace
New

United States

fansb3ad3e9a Posted at 3-4 05:01
I had the exact same issue with my iPhone SE, but I realized I was plugging into the wrong port. You don’t plug it into the bottom of the remote, you plug it into the port that is directly underneath where the phone is mounted. It was a little frustrating as there were no instructions about this to my knowledge. After I plugged it into that port everything worked perfectly. Hope it helps!

Have you had any issues with the Iphone SE recently. I just got a mini 2 and now I see that the Iphone se has a compatibility issue.
2022-3-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules