Continuous video or short clips?
1332 7 2021-3-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Borisaurus
lvl.1
United States

Is it considered better to record a long continous video of the whole flight and then edit the pieces you're going to use,  or to shoot short clips while flying (stop/start record mid-flight)?  
2021-3-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you film continuously you'll just need to make sure you have big enough SD card and be aware the clips are chunked into 4gb files so you may have the section you want across two files that you'll need to merge.
2021-3-2
Use props
David K
New

Australia

I think continuously! Today, a large SD card is not a problem
2021-3-15
Use props
ericveller
lvl.1

Canada

By pressing the button you can skip the brightest moments
2021-3-15
Use props
Cavu Films
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've always just let the camera run during a flight and then do all the editing later. That way you can focus on flying and getting all the best angles of your subject. If you do the start/stop option you run the risk of forgetting if you started it and run the risk of missing a great shot.
2021-3-16
Use props
djiuser_FR3Lv7lSpYE3
New
United States

I always worry that if I only have one long file and it becomes corrupted I could loose the entire shoot. I might run continuously, but I prefer to break the files up when I have a successful take for peace of mind
2021-5-12
Use props
DronePinhead
lvl.1

Italy

I prefer the video so I can always speed it up as needed. Single shots can be odd with wind.
2021-5-12
Use props
PatG
lvl.2
Flight distance : 526634 ft
United Kingdom

Cavu Films Posted at 3-16 08:32
I've always just let the camera run during a flight and then do all the editing later. That way you can focus on flying and getting all the best angles of your subject. If you do the start/stop option you run the risk of forgetting if you started it and run the risk of missing a great shot.

Yep very true I have started and stopped and forgot to start again.AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRggggggg
2021-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules