Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mixchief
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

RPearlman Posted at 3-11 16:35
I have a P4 pro that I am currently using for roof inspections. Will the goggles provide a better visibility in sunlight? Also, does anyone know if the camera on this FPV drone is as good as the P4 pro in terms of low light visibility?

The fpv drone will not be an appropriate choice for that kind of work, not to mention the camera doesn't go all the way down so you will always hace an angle to contend with. That said, the goggles are great for in flight visibility as they eliminate any reflection, tablets and phones are very hard to eliminate reflections and get an unencumbered view. Since the gimbal on the fpv drone is only a one axis, the footage in the goggles can be glittery at times and if you use on board stabilization you run the risk of missing crucial details for your work. The fpv is a great drone but not an industrial devise, it is for another purpose all together, namely fun flying and fun filming.
2021-3-28
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_h6rOCcvZ5Hg1 Posted at 3-24 06:56
If I want to use the goggles and controller to operate another FPV drone, do I just need to buy the DJi control module and add to the drone? Wanting to do a bit more practice with a drone I'm a bit less scared of crashing in full manual.

controller not compatible with any other drone, goggles are compatible with Air Unit and Vista equipped drones but as of yet I believe you have to re link every time you switch. If you have analog quads there is no linking or binding involved but you need an analog adapter and antenas
2021-3-28
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

0luke1 Posted at 3-20 12:42
What’s not in the box? Software and firmware that works. Week three - can't update firmware, can't register, doesn't fly. Asked for an RMA - said yes, then never arrived.

Not understanding so many people having trouble with the activation, firmware update etc, my process lasted maybe an hour with no glitches whatsoever. Firmware has 2 ways of updating, the Fly app or the fpv assistant 2. I've also heard complains of an hour to update battery firmware, I got the fly more kit after the combo purchase and in fact updated the firmware today. Took all of 10 minutes to do both batteries.
2021-3-28
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Spiicy Posted at 3-17 06:45
I have recently aquired the DJI FPV and have been searching around in how to complete flips and rolls with it, but I can't find it any where can someone tell me how?

get the DJI fpv simulator, it will teach you, do not attempt to do manual mode (only mode that will allow you to do such maneuvers) without putting in the time (few hours) on the sim unless you want to destroy your new toy
2021-3-28
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_BH6yWbRsWuDx Posted at 3-20 11:10
Can you put the V1 googles into audience mode somehow and watch flight from this drone or do you have to purchase a second set of V2 goggles?

I don't believe the V1 goggles are compatible even in audience mode, but can't hurt to try. Got both, will try and report, if I ever get the time
2021-3-28
Use props
dozz
lvl.1
Australia

Very cool!
2021-3-29
Use props
djiuser_wkk4tZ9bUMBe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2552 ft
United States

Quick question: does this drone also have the “intelligent modes and quick shots” (like follow, zoom straight up, helix/spiral)  that some of the other DJI drones have?
2021-4-3
Use props
djiuser_k7fGz6brGqo4
New

United States

Hi. I just picked up one from Best Buy. I noticed that left stick makes a noise.  On the video you can hear it very well . Is it ok or something wrong with it?
Thank you.

youtube.com/shorts/2dIvabVsKBY

2021-4-3
Use props
10Thirty
lvl.2
Flight distance : 873760 ft
  • >>>
Canada

dangonay Posted at 3-3 11:25
I have prescription corrective lenses for the DJI FPV System. Will those lenses also fit these newer FPV goggles?

Yes they will. I took mine out of my version 1 and put them into my version 2 no problem
2021-4-6
Use props
10Thirty
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

fans0b398e86 Posted at 3-7 23:28
I can not find FPV drone on my dji app, I even reinstalled it, I use a Samsung S20, can anyone help?

I had this same problem I’m sure your just hooking them up in the wrong order. Soon as you do it right it gives you the choice to change language with your goggles buttons. What DJI’s video again and take your time. It’s easy to get mixed up.
2021-4-6
Use props
10Thirty
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

Jackie-Gan Posted at 3-7 20:13
Definitely, also a version that is sturdier and less prone to breaking.

That’s going to be tough considering the batter weight.
2021-4-6
Use props
10Thirty
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

longtech Posted at 3-7 18:46
I have the combo.
This is with the drone off, remote controller off and just the goggles on.

There’s a video that explains everything. You plug your phone into the goggles with the special adapter provided fore the drone goggles and controller up and then it should  start the binding registration updating process
2021-4-6
Use props
10Thirty
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

fans0b398e86 Posted at 3-7 23:28
I can not find FPV drone on my dji app, I even reinstalled it, I use a Samsung S20, can anyone help?

Did you bind the goggles , drone amd controller together already. DJI has and excellent video explaining how to do this  
2021-4-6
Use props
10Thirty
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

TFHutch Posted at 3-7 14:42
I have the DJI FPV combo. Unable to get goggles to work at all. Do I have to bind the goggles V2 with the drone?  
There is what appears to be a small red reset button on the gogglesV2 under the place where you plug in the goggles battery. Tried pushing the red button, nothing happened.

You must hook your phone to the goggles and then turn on drone goggles phone amd controller and bind them .DJI has a excellent video explaining all of this
2021-4-6
Use props
Stanislav Vasiliev
lvl.2
Flight distance : 31253550 ft
  • >>>
Russia

djiuser_wkk4tZ9bUMBe Posted at 4-3 10:50
Quick question: does this drone also have the “intelligent modes and quick shots” (like follow, zoom straight up, helix/spiral)  that some of the other DJI drones have?

No, there are no quick shots. Everything you want you have to do by yourself :-) DJI FPV drone even don't have the precise landing feature.
2021-4-7
Use props
fans6bc68740
New
Flight distance : 61414 ft
Philippines

fnbo 76 hb2ax0swaxsd9q9owo9w9w9iobww99    is in m8
2021-4-8
Use props
Argelius
lvl.1
United States

Stanislav Vasiliev Posted at 4-7 09:28
No, there are no quick shots. Everything you want you have to do by yourself :-) DJI FPV drone even don't have the precise landing feature.

Thanks. And that SUCKS. I wonder why that’s the case. I would assume the FPV has all the required sensors. Seems like it would just be a software thing....
2021-4-8
Use props
Argelius
lvl.1
United States

Getting ready for my first flight.  Probably stupid question:  do I need and SD card for both the goggles AND the drone?
2021-4-8
Use props
Stanislav Vasiliev
lvl.2
  • >>>
Russia

Argelius Posted at 4-8 06:26
Thanks. And that SUCKS. I wonder why that’s the case. I would assume the FPV has all the required sensors. Seems like it would just be a software thing....

I think it has all the power for quick shots, RAW capture and all things normal drones do, but looks like DJI thinks that doing quick shots on a drone, that is controlled via goggles is strange. Normally on a Mavic you start the quick shot, hide the remote somewhere and get your footage where you don't look like a guy who controls the drone. I mean all those quick shots are, most of the time, used for selfies. On the FPV you are always in the goggles, so it's easier to fly around or do a spiral using the sticks. I'm wondering more why they decided to avoid precise landing - the drone is using only GPS during automatic landing and is not precise at all.
2021-4-8
Use props
djiuser_61EfTRwZgltU
New
Flight distance : 113858 ft
United Kingdom

Love this drone best ever from dji
2021-4-10
Use props
fansb04184cc
lvl.1
United States

Great product, but I wish the V2 Goggles and Remote allowed for Mode 4 controls.  Is there any plan to put this into future firmware?
2021-4-10
Use props
Core914
lvl.1
Flight distance : 95781 ft
Spain

Montfrooij Posted at 3-2 06:46
Looks like an incredible drone!

yes, it's a great drone! but I ran into a big problem, I want to create a topic and talk about it!
2021-4-11
Use props
Core914
lvl.1
Spain

drone2436 Posted at 3-2 10:04
any idea how this will do for indoor video shooting?

this drone is too big for indoor use, I tried it, difficult!
2021-4-11
Use props
Core914
lvl.1
Spain

Montfrooij Posted at 3-3 01:23
All drone pilots that want to fly a +250g drone need a licence to fly with the new regulations.
And all drones (apart from toy drones without a camera) need to be registered.

yes that's right, there are a lot more drone rules now!
2021-4-11
Use props
fansb04184cc
lvl.1
United States

Edited
2021-4-11
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Core914 Posted at 4-11 08:46
yes that's right, there are a lot more drone rules now!

For us in NL it did not change that much.
Even got a bit better for <250g drones.
2021-4-11
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Core914 Posted at 4-11 08:44
yes, it's a great drone! but I ran into a big problem, I want to create a topic and talk about it!

You should!
2021-4-11
Use props
djiuser_UGED7l1Ji5JX
New

Norway

Pretty expensive but very coll!
2021-4-15
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_wkk4tZ9bUMBe Posted at 4-3 10:50

No, this is not that kind of drone at all.
2021-4-15
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Stanislav Vasiliev Posted at 4-8 06:59
I think it has all the power for quick shots, RAW capture and all things normal drones do, but looks like DJI thinks that doing quick shots on a drone, that is controlled via goggles is strange. Normally on a Mavic you start the quick shot, hide the remote somewhere and get your footage where you don't look like a guy who controls the drone. I mean all those quick shots are, most of the time, used for selfies. On the FPV you are always in the goggles, so it's easier to fly around or do a spiral using the sticks. I'm wondering more why they decided to avoid precise landing - the drone is using only GPS during automatic landing and is not precise at all.

DJI finally makes something that is of a different discipline and everyone wants it to be just another Mavic, the Air 2s is out sounds like more your speed.
2021-4-15
Use props
djiuser_IjKebFRsAYYH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1616693 ft
United States

SeanOzz Posted at 3-2 09:09
ordered my set up this am. i will be putting this thing through some serious test living in the mountains at 9100 feet above sea level and flying at 12-13k feet all the time. shows it is rated for over 19k feet above sea level so i should be good to go.

how happy are you with how it handles elevation ? Are you able to go high enough to see what you want ?
2021-4-16
Use props
djiuser_JdqZSbWGKcix
lvl.1
Flight distance : 253812 ft
United States

Since
2021-4-16
Use props
djiuser_JdqZSbWGKcix
lvl.1
Flight distance : 253812 ft
United States

I just finished 3 flights I think that it's spectacular the only problem I ran into was the fact that I couldn't use the dji simulator is there another program I can use with the gear I have?
2021-4-16
Use props
vandepoel.nicotelenet.be
lvl.2
Flight distance : 448323 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Is this a bug on the dji fpv drone?
The emergency prop stop does not work in normal mode when the option in safety is set to on.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/DJI.FPV/permalink/4119715201419904/?ref=m_notif¬if_t=feedback_reaction_generic

12E02728-CE36-49D0-9F39-96F0D8572E15.jpeg
2021-4-18
Use props
Paul.wingate4
New
Flight distance : 928 ft
United Kingdom

Hi guys
I recently purchased the new fpv drone set it up updated firmware etc and left it at that a week later i decided to take it on its first flight i turned everything on and then it just comes up on the goggle display battery communication error!
Ive tried different battery and still same problem can anyone help please
2021-4-18
Use props
MM Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 295161 ft
Germany

amazing drone, but the biggest problem in europ is the c classified. We need it to use the drone few years.
2021-4-19
Use props
0luke1
lvl.1

United States

mixchief Posted at 3-28 21:06
Not understanding so many people having trouble with the activation, firmware update etc, my process lasted maybe an hour with no glitches whatsoever. Firmware has 2 ways of updating, the Fly app or the fpv assistant 2. I've also heard complains of an hour to update battery firmware, I got the fly more kit after the combo purchase and in fact updated the firmware today. Took all of 10 minutes to do both batteries.

One month later, about 3 hours on tech support today, still can’t activate or fly. Just for reference, I’m using the latest MacBooks pro and iPhone. The software doesn’t work. They refused to give me a RMA. I have a $1,700 desk ornament.
2021-4-19
Use props
0luke1
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_UGED7l1Ji5JX Posted at 4-15 10:49
Pretty expensive but very coll!

It’s not cool at all. The software doesn’t work. Activation doesn’t work. Firmware updates don’t work.
2021-4-19
Use props
Stanislav Vasiliev
lvl.2
  • >>>
Russia

mixchief Posted at 4-15 22:19
DJI finally makes something that is of a different discipline and everyone wants it to be just another Mavic, the Air 2s is out sounds like more your speed.

I have the Air 2S, along with Air 2, M2P, M2Z etc. :-)  No, I don't want the FPV be "another Mavic", but it would be beneficial to get at least RAW from it, because in some cases I could leave my other drones at home and travel with only one drone for photo and for video. If it can hover, it has P and S modes, than why not do photos in RAW too? If it were only an FPV with acro than I had no questions like this.
2021-4-22
Use props
djiuser_PsIEFq1FRln2
New
United States

Just got the DJI FPV yesterday, how can I take an actual photo vs initiating video recording? Not seeing the option in the menu to make that happen.
2021-4-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules