Does RSC-2 handle larger (not heavier) setups?
487 2 2021-3-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Anterialis
lvl.1
Netherlands

Hi!
I currently have a RSC gimble. My setup is not that heavy (EOS-R, usually RF 35 mm), but sometimes I want to use the rather large EF (with EF-RF adapter) 16-35 F4. The total weight is somethin like 1400-1500g, including Røde videoMic (wireless) attached to the cold shoe. As you see, the weight (total 1500g) is not an issue, however the abnormal center of gravity on this setup is an issue as the eye piece of the EOS-R hits the back arm. Also, since the setup cant freely move around, balancing the gimble is hard.

So to my question: Is the RSC-2 capable of - not only handling heavier setups - but also handle larger setups? Are the "arms" larger? If some of you have the exact setup; will the RSC-2 handle the EOS-R + EF-RF adapter + EF 16-35mm F4 without the eyepiece hitting the back arm?

And additionally, can you give me some good arguments (that I can give the wife) why I should upgrade to the RSC-2 from the RSC?

Thank you in advance =)
2021-3-2
Use props
eyecapture
lvl.4
Flight distance : 517848 ft
Canada

Yes it's capable of this set up. The arms are spaced further to allow for current mirrorless cameras. I use an R5 with the adapter and 16-35 F4 with my RSC2.
2021-3-2
Use props
Anterialis
lvl.1
Norway

eyecapture Posted at 3-2 12:09
Yes it's capable of this set up. The arms are spaced further to allow for current mirrorless cameras. I use an R5 with the adapter and 16-35 F4 with my RSC2.

Thank you so much! This would be the main reason for me to upgrade.. So annoying with the eyepiece hitting the gamble....
2021-3-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules